PDA

View Full Version : Travelocity Sucks what a "RIP OFF"

77Eliminator
11-18-2005, 05:33 PM
I booked a room through Travelocity and when I cancelled the reservation 4 days in advance they kept the entire amount (No refund). They try to make it sound like it was a hotel policy but when I called the hotel they said it was not its all Travelocity. Travelocity SUCKS big time. So you better read the fine print if you make a reservation with these $astards. :mad: :mad:
Check In: Mon, Nov 21, 2005
Check Out: Fri, Nov 25, 2005
Nights: 4
Room: Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed Non Smoking ( 2 Adults )
Primary Contact:
Travelocity Trip ID:
Total Room Charges for Room 1 $ 305.28
Less Hotel Cancellation Penalty: - $ 305.28
Less Travelocity Cancellation Fee: - $ 0.00
TOTAL REFUND: $ 0.00

Rexone
11-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Most hotels direct only ding you for one night if you cancel late. that sux

77Eliminator
11-18-2005, 05:41 PM
I would expect one nite also but the whole thing with 4 days advance notice, man o man. Never again

HocusPocus
11-18-2005, 05:42 PM
i appreciate the heads up on that.. sorry you got hosed on the deal.

NoCal NoBoat
11-18-2005, 05:54 PM
77 -
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read what you posted from Travelocity, it looks like the hotel penalized you $ 305.28 and Travelocity penalized you $ .00.
I don't work for Travelocity, and things have changed since I graduated from hotel school...
But the first night's lodging would be a typical (but extreme) penalty. Some aggressive hotels would ding you for more on a holiday weekend, or a "special event". (i.e. Super Bowl or any weekend in Vegas LOL...)
I would call the hotel directly, and ask to speak to the front office manager.
I've heard that some hotels will take a "hands off" approach when they hear it's about a Travelocity reservation (if they're accepting reservation requests from Travelocity, it should be their problem to solve, IMO).
No refund, with 48-72 hour cancellation notice is way out of line, IMO. If they can't resell that room with that much notice, they're in the wrong line of work.

Ziggy
11-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Like NorCal NoBoat said....it probably has to do with it being a holiday week/weekend....
Call the damn Gnome and have him fix it, damn it. :220v:

77Eliminator
11-18-2005, 06:12 PM
No Cal
As I noted I did speak with the hotel manager and they clearly stated if it was not through travelocity and over the phone the total amount would be refunded. If you read travelocity policy they can do what they want. so again user beware
Room Policies
Room 1 : Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed Non Smoking
Any changes to or cancellation of your GoodBuy reservation may result in fees from $25.00 up to the full cost of your stay. fee .
Cancellations or changes occurring within 3 days of 12:01 am (Central Time) on the day of check-in are subject to a penalty equal to the total cost of the hotel reservation.
Any changes to, or cancellation of this booking are subject to a 1 night Room + Tax charge
Cancellations or changes made after check-in are subject to a 100% charge.

NoCal NoBoat
11-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes you did, and I stand corrected. Corrected and shocked. Thanks for the heads up !
According to the small print, the gnome is a focking bandito...
Sorry for your trouble...

76ANTHONY
11-18-2005, 06:48 PM
ok this is the second time i've heard this. the last time my boss made res for mexico and the hotel he was staying at, ummm got hit by the hurricane and was a total wash. he went to get his money back and they would not give it to him. they said thats not they're fault and he could have chose another area to go to. wtf. not to fair in my gamebook. i'll make my own res and book my own flight..

Mardonzi
11-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Where was the reservation??

77Eliminator
11-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Four Points Sheraton in the Bay Area

Rexone
11-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Is there a reason you used Travelocity and not just direct to hotel. Just curious. Was it cheaper rate through Travelocity than would have been direct.

77Eliminator
11-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Not really price shopping just using the internet, seemed easy at the time.