PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Crack repair?

WetWillie
11-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Anyone have a star crack from a rock repaired on there windshield? I took a rock to the center of my windshild. i know have a 3/4 star crack in the center. I believe this can be fixed? I think they inceft it with clear epoxy?
Does this work? Anyone have a recommendation in San Diego area?
Thanks,
WW :mad:

voodoomedman
11-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Anyone have a star crack from a rock repaired on there windshield? I took a rock to the center of my windshild. i know have a 3/4 star crack in the center. I believe this can be fixed? I think they inceft it with clear epoxy?
Does this work? Anyone have a recommendation in San Diego area?
Thanks,
WW :mad:
If you just have a little star then go with it as it is only about 30 bucks. Best thing to do is go right away though so it is clean. You will still be able to see it from an angle. If it is huge then replace the windshield.

Boy Named Sue
11-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Never fixed one but replaced a lot of windshields from those "little stars" first hot day or hit a good pothole and cracks start running all over the place.
Voodoomedman is right on the money.

HocusPocus
11-19-2005, 09:03 AM
i had one fixed.. never had a problem afterwards.. replaced the windshield a year after due to pitting.
as long as the repair spot isn't dirctly in front of the drivers view area.. the repair distorts things some when your look directly thru it.