PDA

View Full Version : Bought Carrera 202 XR need Prop Help??

orbitone
12-19-2001, 11:15 PM
Hi All I just bought a Carrera 21 ft 202XR Open Bow with a 350 Magnum Motor it has 109 Hours and came with a High Five Ski Prop on a GPS it does 55 mph I wnat a nice 3 blade or 4 blad prop for all around ski and Top End!! fun... I had a Carrera 205 Elite before with same motor and it had a 21pitch Venange I think # blad prop what is a good prop for me to buy maybe used and get it maybe tuned up from Hill Propellers... I can get a 23 Pitch Mirage like new and maybe have "Hill" work it to maybe a 21pitch please help me out here with my new Boat..
Mike so cal...

rivercrazy
12-20-2001, 08:51 AM
Both boats have the same bottom, just a different deck. I bet your other prop used on the Elite would work great. The only real difference is you have more weight forward and might need a prop that gives you more bow lifting ability, especially when you have passengers in the bow.

waterbum
12-20-2001, 11:57 AM
I can tell you , you can't go wrong with Bronson Hill. I've used them on a couple occasions and am well pleased with end results and price.It's allmost a shame to put their handywork under water where it can't be seen.Been tempted to take mine off when not in use and sit it on the kitchen table as a centerpiece.Cruiser queen won't let me. Bum

James'SS-24
12-20-2001, 06:11 PM
I agree! Bronson Hill is the best http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Call Joel and get his recomendation for a prop. If you buy the prop from them (they have the best prices I have found) they will give you a break on the cost of blueprinting.