PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Phoenix?

LeE ss13
11-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Any information on the World Finals? Circles or Drags?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Any information on the World Finals? Circles or Drags?
I heard 3 superstocks went over today. Skip Tuttle, Our own Guru and Nordlings Lavey. Skip and Tony are ok but Nordlings driver is serious but expected to recover. K final had Ty, Tony and Davey Boy together at the first turn with Davey boy coming out 1st Tony 2nd Ty 3rd and thats how they finished. TFH new record of 252 but don't ask me who.
Thats all I got.
--Jerry

Some Kind Of Monster
11-19-2005, 08:30 PM
The action today was great! The 253 mph run was incredible. Watch for my pictures in an hour or so!

dmontzsta
11-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the update.

Outnumbered
11-20-2005, 12:34 AM
The action today was great! The 253 mph run was incredible. Watch for my pictures in an hour or so!http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/images/watch.gif

Mrs.Racer277
11-20-2005, 07:10 AM
I hear there were a couple of world records set yesterday. Great day of racing. Not sure on the details the guys in the pit were to busy wrenching.
Urban Menace TAH ran 217 and 219 yesterday last I heard qualified in 2nd place. Crongrats to John and his crew.

Jordy
11-20-2005, 07:28 AM
I hear...
Don't you mean you watched??? You are here aren't you??? :crossx: :notam: :cool:

Mrs.Racer277
11-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Don't you mean you watched??? You are here aren't you??? :crossx: :notam: :cool:
F I was waiting for you to figure that one out. I was sick and did not go. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I am so sad so don't start with the flake crap.

DansBlown73Nordic
11-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Races were GREAT!!!!!

Jordy
11-20-2005, 07:43 AM
F I was waiting for you to figure that one out. I was sick and did not go. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I am so sad so don't start with the flake crap.
I knew you weren't showing up weeks ago. You're all kinds of predictable. ;)
I did hang out with Sean for a while last night while they were getting the boat ready for today, flake. :D :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
11-20-2005, 07:46 AM
I knew you weren't showing up weeks ago. You're all kinds of predictable. ;)
I did hang out with Sean for a while last night while they were getting the boat ready for today, flake. :D :D :D
Wrong I was going up until Thrusday night. :cry: Ask Sean!!! :argue:
It really is killing me not being there.
They are doing great for not running the boat in months. And how cool is it that Speed Vision put a camera in the boat. :) :)
BTW any word on how Rat Attack or TBrown did???

hydro066
11-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Top Fuel Pairings:
Speed Sport Special
Wiskey River
Problem Child
Loose Cannon
Nitro Chicken
Public Nuisence
Toxic Rocket
Plumb Crazy
Five didn't make the cut...which I think was a 5.19
Berryman Bullet
Madness
Hot Licks
Liquid Quicker
Performance Plus

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-20-2005, 10:00 AM
K's 1st heat sunday...
1st Guru
2nd Ty
3rd Davey boy
Jim Bandelin flipped the K-8 in the turn he's ok.

CircleJerk
11-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Mr. Nordlings' driver was released this morning from the Hospital and wondering what happened... So I told him he had his bell rung! The L-boat was running with the SS pack with considerable less HP I am told. I heard he started 5th and had moved into 3rd by lap 2 when the lights went out. He stated it was a thrill to run beside the Faulkner boat for a while and be so accepted by the SS family. If they were only running around the island, like in the golden past, things might have been different. One pin turns are not for L-boats. He should be quite welcome in the pits today. Yes, this is a Nostalgia driver from Spokane named Mike who dominated the fast class this year with the 'Outlaws' in George Nordlings SS76, a rare cut down 1976 trunk style L-boat. The boat 'One More Time' #SS76, I am told, will be retired. :cry: Glad I wasnt there.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Mr. Nordlings' driver was released this morning from the Hospital and wondering what happened... So I told him he had his bell rung! The L-boat was running with the SS pack with considerable less HP I am told. I heard he started 5th and had moved into 3rd by lap 2 when the lights went out. He stated it was a thrill to run beside the Faulkner boat for a while and be so accepted by the SS family. If they were only running around the island, like in the golden past, things might have been different. One pin turns are not for L-boats. He should be quite welcome in the pits today. Yes, this is a Nostalgia driver from Spokane named Mike who dominated the fast class this year with the 'Outlaws' in George Nordlings SS76, a rare cut down 1976 trunk style L-boat. The boat 'One More Time' #SS76, I am told, will be retired. :cry: Glad I wasnt there.
My brother said he was haulin ass in the straights. He said the boat rolled up on its left side. :confused:

RaysonKid
11-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Top Fuel Pairings:
Speed Sport Special
Wiskey River
Problem Child
Loose Cannon
Nitro Chicken
Public Nuisence
Toxic Rocket
Plumb Crazy
Five didn't make the cut...which I think was a 5.19
Berryman Bullet
Madness
Hot Licks
Liquid Quicker
Performance Plus
Wow, Go figure.
A while back TFH was almost dead.
Now they have so many they didnt make the field big enough to run them all.
Go figure????
That should frustrate a few owners.

Sangster
11-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Tony Scarlata takes TAF... Way to go GURU.....

GofastRacer
11-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Congrats Tony!.. :cool: :cool:

Sangster
11-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Also heard he got WET runnin' the Circle Boat..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Davey Boy and Ty went side by side for several laps in the K final with Dave emerging victorious. Tony finished way back.
Top Fuel was won by the rookie kid from back east, I think he went like 254 :eek:
Mr. Abbott, keep up please. :boxed:

voodooCanoe
11-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Good job Tony. Congraats on the TAF win and good to hear you are ok after the dip in the pool. Wish I could have been there to see the action!

Hallett
11-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Just got home and all i can say is what a great weelend of racing
lots of action. the K- boats where running very hard . morgans
boat looked very fast and so was k-69. tony must be tired
after racing three classes he did very well . congrats tony. :)
we missed you jerry.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-21-2005, 06:05 AM
davey won the k finals(2nd in ss), ty won the ss final, and tony won taf! mike darner flipped his boat yeasterday. He said that the ass of the boat was slidding out in the turn and when he let off the throttle thats when it spit him out.
All I know is that tony is a very busy man switching between 3 different boats. I met tony for the first time this weekend and tony is a great guy;) That man has some talent;)

Sangerboy
11-21-2005, 08:23 AM
a rare cut down 1976 trunk style L-boat. .
It's an even rarer boat now since that boat was probably totaled with most of the right side missing.

Hud
11-21-2005, 09:21 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119Image052_copy.jpg

scottys
11-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Wow, Go figure.
A while back TFH was almost dead.
Now they have so many they didnt make the field big enough to run them all.
Go figure????
That should frustrate a few owners.
Plumb Crazy had a little trouble at the rope :cry:

Sangerboy
11-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I never did hear what happened, did he get swamped when the fueler before him left?

CircleJerk
11-21-2005, 11:36 PM
It's an even rarer boat now since that boat was probably totaled with most of the right side missing.
What exactly is this post supposed to mean? Or are you just making fun of me or my post? Ya, the boat is probably non repairable and that's a shame dont you agree? George is a great guy and I hope you give him credit for being there with a thirty year old boat....where was yours?

scottys
11-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I never did hear what happened, did he get swamped when the fueler before him left?
I'm hoping.............Or the transom plug technician is looking for new employment.

fltflyn
11-22-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm hoping.............Or the transom plug technician is looking for new employment.
the words through the pits was a leak at one of the shaft logs

Sangerboy
11-22-2005, 09:01 AM
What exactly is this post supposed to mean? Or are you just making fun of me or my post? Ya, the boat is probably non repairable and that's a shame dont you agree? George is a great guy and I hope you give him credit for being there with a thirty year old boat....where was yours?
Boyd, it wasn't meant as anything other than a statement of fact, I'm sorry if I offended you. I think if you look at my somewhat sporadic posts over the years you will never find a mean spirited post from me. Simply stated if that was a rare boat then they are even rarer now because that one is likely totaled, and yes that is a shame. I was very glad that the driver was not seriously injured because it was a pretty hard crash. I don't race the Sanger Circle Runner pictured in my sig line below because(along with some other reasons) it wasn't competitive when new and would be less so now. I like it's lines though so I just made it pretty. I do run my Canyon at NJBA meets and enyoy it a lot. In my mind any flatbottom that is totaled is a big loss because there are all ready too few of them.

RaysonKid
11-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Its great to see that there are that many TFH's at a race.
Maybe they (the IHBA) can make the fields bigger in the future.
Did all the drag classes only have an 8 boat field?

scottys
11-22-2005, 10:04 AM
There were 25 boats in pro eliminator,the guy in the pits next to me said there were some 30 in ME class.Go figure

PE 316
11-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Its great to see that there are that many TFH's at a race...Maybe they (the IHBA) can make the fields bigger in the future.
RaysonKid,
The main reason (at this point) the IHBA hasn't (and probably won't anytime soon) made the TFH more than an 8-boat field is, if they expand the field to one more (or higher) than 8-boats then they would have to go to 4 rounds of eliminations. They can BARELY complete 3 rounds of competition currently in one day. Additionally, most of today's crop of TFH's could not afford to run 4 rounds of eliminations on a consistant basis...

RaysonKid
11-22-2005, 05:59 PM
RaysonKid,
The main reason (at this point) the IHBA hasn't (and probably won't anytime soon) made the TFH more than an 8-boat field is, if they expand the field to one more (or higher) than 8-boats then they would have to go to 4 rounds of eliminations. They can BARELY complete 3 rounds of competition currently in one day. Additionally, most of today's crop of TFH's could not afford to run 4 rounds of eliminations on a consistant basis...
Thanks PE316
That makes sence.
Its just good to hear that there was that many TFH at Phoenix

LUVNLIFE
11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Twenty six or twenty seven in ProMod also. Nice big boat count this weekend.

CircleJerk
11-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Boyd, it wasn't meant as anything other than a statement of fact, I'm sorry if I offended you. I think if you look at my somewhat sporadic posts over the years you will never find a mean spirited post from me. Simply stated if that was a rare boat then they are even rarer now because that one is likely totaled, and yes that is a shame. I was very glad that the driver was not seriously injured because it was a pretty hard crash. I don't race the Sanger Circle Runner pictured in my sig line below because(along with some other reasons) it wasn't competitive when new and would be less so now. I like it's lines though so I just made it pretty. I do run my Canyon at NJBA meets and enyoy it a lot. In my mind any flatbottom that is totaled is a big loss because there are all ready too few of them.
No offense taken, thanks for the explanation. Talked to the driver today and for his first appearance at the 'big show' he was amazed and couldnt believe all those who wished him well. His other surprise was how many SS drivers came by to welcome him to a future race. His worse nagging pain is the left shoulder. I suggested this could be due to his last effort to hold himself down into the boat and or for the leverage needed to push harder on the down pedal. All of which I think I did during my similar flip. This sure strains the heck out of the ole shoulder muscle. George is entertaining the idea to fix the boat.