PDA

View Full Version : I need a little revenge

Desert Rat
11-20-2005, 06:47 PM
I need to get a little even and I hope you guys can help.
I bought a Radio/6 cd played for my Lincoln LS from this Dick head on E-bay and paid with pay pal. The Radio arrived with a slightly crushed box from UPS and did not work. Now IÂ’m pretty new to this ebay/pay-pal crap and dealt directly with UPS and the seller. He seemed on the up and up and a claim was filed with UPS. This POS knows how to work the system. The claim was settled by UPS (to him) which took over two months. He has not refunded my $211 + s/h and UPS is of no help. He will not return any correspondence. As I understand the E-bay/Pay-Pal dispute system I had only 30 days to file a complaint so I am pretty much SOL.Pay Pal took the money out of my bank account (buyer beware! pay pal likes to change your default payment to this as they did mine) HereÂ’s what anybody who has a few cell minutes or would like to flood this POS's mailbox can do. He sells under the banner on ebay of talk-about-shipping, his email address is Discount_Depot@hotmail.com and here is the best, his cell number is 347 661-2065. He is in New York at the address 1748-56 st Brooklyn NY 11204 his name is Jack. If you have the time do me a favor and flood this POS!!!! $200 will far from break me, It's just I CAN'T stand friggen thiefs of ANY type!!!!!!!!
Thanks for any help
Desert Rat

JetBoatRich
11-20-2005, 06:57 PM
That sucks Paul, we will make a call :rolleyes:
File a report in EBAY as well.

Garrddogg
11-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Went To Voicemail

phebus
11-20-2005, 06:58 PM
It's a little to early to call now (it's only 10:00pm back there). I will wait a few hours, and give him a call. :D

Boatcop
11-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Pay Pal and Ebay have a procedure to handle stuff like this. Use them before you go slamming the seller yourself.
Did you get the shipping insurance? UPS has an automatic coverage limit of $100.00. Anything more requires that insurance be purchased. (Only a couple of bucks)
File a claim with PayPal and let them fight it out. This happens more often than you might think, and they are pretty good about dealing with rip-off sellers.

Desert Rat
11-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys! If I can't get the $$ back I hope I can disrupt this aholes business

Forkin' Crazy
11-20-2005, 07:05 PM
You know... I was thinking of going in business to deal with poeple like this and other POS's.
I have unlimited access to cow manure. How much is it worth to you for me to send him a fresh steaming cow pie? :crossx:
:cool:

Garrddogg
11-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Pay Pal and Ebay have a procedure to handle stuff like this. Use them before you go slamming the seller yourself.
Did you get the shipping insurance? UPS has an automatic coverage limit of $100.00. Anything more requires that insurance be purchased. (Only a couple of bucks)
File a claim with PayPal and let them fight it out. This happens more often than you might think, and they are pretty good about dealing with rip-off sellers.
NO THEY ARE NOT!! 30 DAYS AND YOURE FUKCED!

Squirtin Thunder
11-20-2005, 07:36 PM
I just talked to him. Desert Rat give him a call !!!

Desert Rat
11-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Claims must be filed no later than 45 days from the date of payment. Only one claim may be filed per PayPal transaction. PayPal will seek to resolve the claim within 30 days of the date the claim is filed, though such time frame may be extended at PayPalÂ’s discretion to accommodate the investigation.
This is the problem. This guy strung me out past the 45 day limit by not taking quick action on the insurance claim with UPS. He knew what he was doing all along. He would contact me via email and played the game well. He had a 98% standing with ebay and sold alot. Recently he has dropped off the radar, will not return any calls/emails and seems to have pretty much boned his last 10 or so buyers on ebay with the same type of arrangement, he even posted a radio just like the one I bought and returned so I left a question to the fact was it the same POS that he tried to sell me and he promptly removed the auction. Ebay has been of no help! Sooooo here I am

JetBoatRich
11-20-2005, 07:39 PM
was he happy to hear from you :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
11-20-2005, 07:41 PM
was he happy to hear from you :cool:
Actually very polite, concidering it is 10:40 back in NY.

Desert Rat
11-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Just did and he gave me the same line of crap he has been giving me since August! This was however the first time he has answered his phone in weeks!!! He wants me to call him back tomarrow by 12:00 his time, seems UPS has a "question or two" same line of crap!!! I will however give him this courtesy AGAIN and let you all know how it turns out tomorrow evening
I hate to kick a guy while he's down, but you should have immediately filed a PayPal claim when the unit arrived damaged. UPS's responsibility is to the shipper, his responsibility was to you.
What were you thinking buying from that guy? His feedback is a trainwreck.
I bought this is June of this year, it was pretty good back then. Not kicking me at all, just another life lesson in needing to be more aware. That info sometimes is found out the hard way. I did mention that at the time I was not very familiar with the workings of ebay and paypal, I have learned alot in the last few months. Oh and buy the way UPS SUCKS too!!

JetBoatRich
11-20-2005, 07:56 PM
If it is this guy
EBAY User (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=discount2depot)
Looks like he took himself off of EBAY

Desert Rat
11-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Nope this is the guy (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=talk-about-shipping&iid=)

Squirtin Thunder
11-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Member Profile: talk-about-shipping (723)
Feedback Score: 723
Positive Feedback: 97.9%
Members who left a positive: 739
Members who left a negative: 16
All positive feedback received: 833
Recent Ratings:
Past
Month Past
6 Months Past
12 Months
positive 30 388 794
neutral 2 10 14
negative 5 12 17
Learn about what these numbers mean.
Bid Retractions (Past 6 months): 4

uvindex
11-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Nope this is the guy (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=talk-about-shipping&iid=)Yikes, the replies from this guy to his feedback are something else:
"LIER REFUNDED HIM RIGHT AWAY PROMISE ME HE WILL LEAVE POSTIVE FURAD LIER"
"LIER FRUAD TRIED TO WORK W/SELLER HE REFUSED BACK OFFF"
"Agreed then Lied and relist it Dont trust him Lier"
Based on his spelling, are you sure he isn't from Kingman? :D
Good luck! :)

mike37
11-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I took some time to look over this guys feedback
and at first it looks good
but if you go and look back at all the feedback he has way more negative than it appears
most of the negatives have been retracted so in fact he has had way more problems than his ratings lead you to believe
he even has bad comments on his positive feedback its obvious he is blackmailing for positive on bad sails
how can ebay let this guy stay a seller

mike37
11-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Yikes, the replies from this guy to his feedback are something else:
"LIER REFUNDED HIM RIGHT AWAY PROMISE ME HE WILL LEAVE POSTIVE FURAD LIER"
"LIER FRUAD TRIED TO WORK W/SELLER HE REFUSED BACK OFFF"
"Agreed then Lied and relist it Dont trust him Lier"
Based on his spelling, are you sure he isn't from Kingman? :D
Good luck! :)
and the guys he is calling lier's look at the feedback most all of them the only negative they have is from him he is definitely a crook

mike37
11-20-2005, 08:26 PM
this should tell ya something about this guy and there are a lot of positives that have hints to his bad side
great radio, helpful with transaction until it got to the door, w/use again

a catered life
11-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Fu@k this hey DR lets fly up ther and kick his freakig teeth out :yuk: screw paypal screw ups and screw ebay :yuk:

YeLLowBoaT
11-20-2005, 08:42 PM
just wondering where is he located?

mike37
11-20-2005, 08:45 PM
just wondering where is he located?
New York

Desert Rat
11-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Like I said I have learned alot between now and then. People like this POS need to be off of ebay. EBay took my complaint but will not do much IMO. They said the $$ was between me and Pal-Pal/seller. I naively waited to long, my fault and let me tell you I pitty the next guy that sends me faulty merchandise because I will go directly to the claim dispute. One thing everybody needs to look at is their pay pal account. Pay Pal has changed most defaults to your bank account vice your credit card, you have to select your CC each and every transaction unlike the past when my CC was my default. If it was on my CC I would have stopped paymet on the spot. I have learned I could have done the same thing with PayPal but would have had to file a complaint. Again live and learn.

YeLLowBoaT
11-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I would take him to court, ebay is suppose to be a binding contract. True its not alot of cash, I work for every penny I make. If what you say is true and you have documented every thing go talk to a lawyer it won't cost you a dime and let them deal with the SOB, make it cost him 10k. I have had ppl refuse payment for work. The repeated phone calls, the lean, and my lawyer writing letters didn't do sH*t. Funny how I was paid the next morning after he was surved....

Desert Rat
11-20-2005, 09:23 PM
In theory it sounds good but he is in New York and I in California. I don't even want to think what an Attorney would want for that! They don't work for free and the hassle would be more then $200 in worth! As of right now the guy has nothing for sale on ebay at least under the selle ID he used with me. I will keep an eye on that too.

C-2
11-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Another big Cali problem with Ebay - can't sue in Small Claims outside the state of Cali. You can sue him in NY - but obviously the costs are prohibitive.
I had a friend in AZ buy a ProCharger from a guy in Bev Hills. Same deal - the parts showed up damaged due to UPS - but it was insured and UPS paid the $2,800 claim to the shipper. So the shipper got the initial purchase price, and the $2,800 claim. We filed a small claims (in Cali) and I served the guy. He was dumfounded and paid my friend in two or three installments.
At least you have a person to deal with, as opposed to chasing shadows. I went thru a transaction over the summer that appeared to have originated in Texas; but I paid a different person via Paypal in Wisconsin; all the while tracking the original Texas guy's email addy to the Ukaraine. He burned another person for a new Bravo drive ($5K+), and whoever it was, I think he got spooked when he learned I nabbed his correct Ip address in Wisconsin. 60 days later and out of the blue, the guy who bought the Bravo drive and myself both received refunds without any explanation or details.
That Paypal default is tricky if you're not familiar with it. Sent me into a cash crunch once!

upsman105
11-20-2005, 09:36 PM
I bought this is June of this year, it was pretty good back then. Not kicking me at all, just another life lesson in needing to be more aware. That info sometimes is found out the hard way. I did mention that at the time I was not very familiar with the workings of ebay and paypal, I have learned alot in the last few months. Oh and buy the way UPS SUCKS too!!
Why does UPS suck, we had no obligation to you...we had one to the shipper and according to you we fulfilled that. The pkg was delivered, if we caused the damage, then we paid the claim. It wouldn't make sense to pay the claim to you, if we did that then everybody would file a claim. I understand your frustration, but point the finger where it belongs.

Rexone
11-20-2005, 10:08 PM
boatpartsman (rexone's ebay name) will not deal with neg feedback ebayers either buyers or sellers. If they have over a couple and depending on what the comments are... no deal. I never buy from them and cancel their bids if they buy from me. I write it right into my listings I will cancel them if they bid on my stuff. Not worth the bs. Consequently I have dealt with only a couple difficult situations getting paid or product in 427 transactions (knock on wood) :)
I feel for you though on the strict time policies both ebay and paypal impose. I got caught up in a similar scenario on one deal. Right after that's when I changed by feedback policy as far as with whom I would consider doing ebay biz with.

YeLLowBoaT
11-20-2005, 10:35 PM
In theory it sounds good but he is in New York and I in California. I don't even want to think what an Attorney would want for that! They don't work for free and the hassle would be more then $200 in worth! As of right now the guy has nothing for sale on ebay at least under the selle ID he used with me. I will keep an eye on that too.
You just need to find the right attorney. The new york thing would make it more diffacult. I know alot of attorneys that will work on a contengacy( yeah I know I spelled it wrong... sue me)bases. On another note I would bet there is some type of federal statue that covers this, but I'm not a lawyer.

BigBlockBaja
11-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Hmmmm...makes me think.... We goto NYC sometimes to party... maybe we could stop by this guys place and pay him a visit.....

voodoomedman
11-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Why does UPS suck, we had no obligation to you...we had one to the shipper and according to you we fulfilled that. The pkg was delivered, if we caused the damage, then we paid the claim. It wouldn't make sense to pay the claim to you, if we did that then everybody would file a claim. I understand your frustration, but point the finger where it belongs.
Well said Scott!!!!
Yes we are not perfect but with a few exceptions I can almost guarantee you that if you ship 1000 packages each with UPS, FedEx and DHL more will show up on time and undamaged with UPS secondly FedEx and third DHL. It is a proven. We did pay on the claim and made right by our customer. Although he may not be a good person ethically our company is and your guy is who we have the responsibility to. Now just to be a nice guy and help you out... If you PM me the tracking # I can tell you what's up with the claim and stuff so you can tell this guy if he's lying or not.

NorCal Gameshow
11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
why would the seller care if the package was delivered in one piece or ten pieces, he received his money already. in most dealings it's the buyer who pays the shipping. so, it makes perfect sense to pay the claim to the buyer.

voodoomedman
11-21-2005, 09:14 AM
why would the seller care if the package was delivered in one piece or ten pieces, he received his money already. in most dealings it's the buyer who pays the shipping. so, it makes perfect sense to pay the claim to the buyer.
In most cases you will have honest merchants and they will good on the payment to the buyer. It is in these few instances where this seller is a goofball and so UPS gets drug into it. The seller has an account with us. He is our customer on this particular shipment. When the claim was paid it is a credit to his weekly bill. If we didn't pay the claim to the shipper then just any old person could claim that they had something to do with the shipment and that they wanted to get paid for the damage. It is the same with any other shipping company. The shipper gets paid and not the consignee.

Some Kind Of Monster
11-21-2005, 09:48 AM
I left him a message. Good luck!

superdave013
11-21-2005, 11:18 AM
The buyer does not pay the shipping. All the buyer is doing is for the most part paying the seller back for the shipping.
I sell on e bay and ship UPS everyday and trust me. I get the bill, not the buyer.
Now I have had my run in's with UPS. But all and all other then the price they are pretty damn good. I am moving away from UPS and going with USPS 3 day more and more. << and that is only due to price. UPS has much better service.

Desert Rat
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
UPS SUCKS on this case because THEY damaged a package that had more fragile and this end up stickers on it then a meth head has zits! Now I understand I may have been a little over the top on the UPS sucks but I feel since UPS picks up the package AND has the right to inspect I don't see how the buyer could be any more dishonest then the shipper and I feel this case is a pretty good case of a sleeze that got payed twice!
Buy the way I called the A'Hole again today and he says the claim is still open 4 months later and doesn't know what is wrong?! He was in meetings all day and had no time to research it. Can you believe this illiterate fu(k that can't even spell or for that matter isn't smart enough to use spell checker was in meetings all day??? I say flame this bastard.. I feel the $$ is a complete loss and just wish to inflict pain :crossx:
In most cases you will have honest merchants and they will good on the payment to the buyer. It is in these few instances where this seller is a goofball and so UPS gets drug into it. The seller has an account with us. He is our customer on this particular shipment. When the claim was paid it is a credit to his weekly bill. If we didn't pay the claim to the shipper then just any old person could claim that they had something to do with the shipment and that they wanted to get paid for the damage. It is the same with any other shipping company. The shipper gets paid and not the consignee.
Well again I learn alittle more. Thanks but damn it as my 13 yo would say its not fair :cry:

Desert Rat
11-21-2005, 06:10 PM
VooDooMedMan check your PM

voodoomedman
11-21-2005, 10:29 PM
UPS SUCKS on this case because THEY damaged a package that had more fragile and this end up stickers on it then a meth head has zits! Now I understand I may have been a little over the top on the UPS sucks but I feel since UPS picks up the package AND has the right to inspect I don't see how the buyer could be any more dishonest then the shipper and I feel this case is a pretty good case of a sleeze that got payed twice!
Fragile stickers and stuff don't protect packages. If you ship a a crystal champagne flute with us in nothing but a paper bag but put all kinds of fragile stickers on it can you blame us if it's broke. That's all I really need to say about that. Proper packaging is a whole other ballgame. Albeit it must have been our fault because we did pay the claim but stuff does happen. As I said again nobody delivers more packages or a higher percentage of packages on time and undamaged than we do. Moving on to us having the right to inspect any package. Yes we do but we don't exercise that for no reason. First of all hourly people do not have that right unless that is there specific job function. Secondly being a management person I can tell you that I can't just do it because I feel like it one day. If there is a reason because I suspect illegal contents or something of danger to our employees then I will. Besides that you need to understand that we ship over 13 million packages per day. Now we are going into peak season where we will do upwards of 21 million a day. Can't open all those just for the heck of it. If somebody defrauds you with a bad cashiers check do you blame the bank or the crook. Well you will blame the crook but say how much the bank sucks for not paying you the money even though it was the crooks fault but the fact of the matter is that it was the crook that screwed you. Anywho check your PM's.

NorCal Gameshow
11-21-2005, 10:58 PM
The buyer pays "shipping", he does not pay the shipper. The buyer has no contract with the package delivery company. The seller entered into that contract. It's an easy point of contract law, not open for debate.
Don't confuse the law with perfect sense :wink:

KLEPTOW
11-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Does this mean that the next time I buy something on ebay I should send the seller my own shipping label so i'm the claiment in-case of Damage?

voodoomedman
11-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Does this mean that the next time I buy something on ebay I should send the seller my own shipping label so i'm the claiment in-case of Damage?
If that's the way you choose to do it then go ahead. You being the shipper and paying us directly for the service, our responsibility will be to you. And we have many solutions for those labels. You can print and mail one, we can print and mail it for you, you can email one. We have it all. :)

JetBoatRich
11-22-2005, 04:29 AM
Good idea :cool: as long as the actual shipper goes along, this is one way to protect you :rolleyes:

Boatcop
11-22-2005, 05:01 AM
Good idea :cool: as long as the actual shipper goes along, this is one way to protect you :rolleyes:
Very few would go along with this. Most sellers bump the shipping and "handling" way up to pad their profit.
I bought a Dell nylon laptop case for .99 cents, but paid $13.00 shipping. Rip off on the Ship fees, but still a bargain overall.

KLEPTOW
11-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Very few would go along with this. Most sellers bump the shipping and "handling" way up to pad their profit.
I bought a Dell nylon laptop case for .99 cents, but paid $13.00 shipping. Rip off on the Ship fees, but still a bargain overall.
Well I do try to learn from others mistakes. They will use my label or cancel my order that simple.

H2OT TIMES
11-22-2005, 02:59 PM
I say flame this bastard.. I feel the $$ is a complete loss and just wish to inflict pain :crossx:
Send me your email address and I email you some info on how to get revenge. If you're serious about it.

upsman105
11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Maybe I didn't look carefully, but do you still have the radio?? If you do and have not been contacted by U.P.S. the claim has probably not been paid. We usually will look at the pkg and packaging before we pay a claim, expecially over $100.

voodoomedman
11-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Maybe I didn't look carefully, but do you still have the radio?? If you do and have not been contacted by U.P.S. the claim has probably not been paid. We usually will look at the pkg and packaging before we pay a claim, expecially over $100.
I took care of that info for him Scott!!!

KLEPTOW
11-23-2005, 12:15 AM
You should contact the seller with your questions BEFORE you bid, not after you win. You're obligated to the seller under the terms set forth in the auction. I ask after, but if they say no, I still follow through, as is my obligation. Ebay only allows three non-paying bidder strikes before you're suspended indefinately.
If the shipping seems very exhorbitant and I still want the item, I will ask before I bid on the auction.
As I said before I do try to learn from others. DR sorry that you had to go through this but if it's any consolation this has helped one person ‘’me’’ not have it happen to them.
I do make every effort to communicate with sellers when dealing on Ebay.
If the sellers posting does not specifically state that I have to use his account to ship
Then my obligation is to pay shipping not line some greedy bastards pocket, and look forward to disputing this with Ebay.

Desert Rat
11-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I say flame this bastard.. I feel the $$ is a complete loss and just wish to inflict pain :crossx:
Send me your email address and I email you some info on how to get revenge. If you're serious about it.
Check your PM's

Desert Rat
11-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I have been told by a VERY reliable sorce that this azzhole was mailed a check from UPS on 10/12/2005. I called him on it and his reply was he did not receive it... VOODOOMAN any help. I called bullshit on it to him on the phone and he blew me off...
Flame this guy for me please. Fill his mailbox and voice mail with BS. I call him at least once a day now to call him a thief!! Makes me feel better anyway