PDA

View Full Version : Two Way Radios

dmontzsta
11-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Can anyone recommend some?
What I want to do is let someone on the beach have one, and someone in the boat have one. That way we can communicate if needed. I am thinking it will need to reach maybe 4-6 miles minimum?
Thanks.

JetBoatRich
11-20-2005, 07:32 PM
I bought some of the 12 mile radios at Best Buy a couple months ago :rolleyes: theyt work good in the 1 miles range :mad: around the neighborhood.
I doubt they will get the 12 miles they claim, I was hoping in the open areas of the Desert they work and will test them next weekend :rolleyes:
I believe I paid around $70 for the Motorola's

dmontzsta
11-20-2005, 07:38 PM
I bought some of the 12 mile radios at Best Buy a couple months ago :rolleyes: theyt work good in the 1 miles range :mad: around the neighborhood.
I doubt they will get the 12 miles they claim, I was hoping in the open areas of the Desert they work and will test them next weekend :rolleyes:
I believe I paid around $70 for the Motorola's
Hey Rich, sorry to hear that. That was one of my worries. You know how they like to overestimate. Just looking for someone to confirm a set that works for a few miles. Thanks for letting me know about those.

djunkie
11-20-2005, 07:39 PM
I've got these and they work pretty good.
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=64069&hvarDept=400&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=2&hvarSubCode=2&hvarTarget=browse

Squirtin Thunder
11-20-2005, 07:43 PM
I saw some at Sams Club the other day they even have an ear piece again 12 mile rage. I have Uniden 6 mile radios and they work great on the river.

sea2lake
11-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I bought 2 of the Uniden atlantis radios. they are marine radios and have a 1 watt and a 5 watt switch. they also work with the radio in the boat. good for when she is backing the boat into the water, i can communicate with her, back ..back...back...stop...park... meet me at the dock and stop by the marina and grab a 12 pack.......

Magic34
11-20-2005, 09:11 PM
I've got these and they work pretty good.
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=64069&hvarDept=400&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=2&hvarSubCode=2&hvarTarget=browse
I think I am going to try the Midland as well.
Look for the power because that is what helps the range. 5 watts is the most right now on these 2 ways. This is what I am going to try.
The Motorolas are 2-3 watts max.