PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Laptop Question

Do F150's Float?
11-21-2005, 02:06 PM
So i have a toshiba laptop, bought it about 6 months ago (open box deal, but it was in perfect condition). I always keep it in a case, and mostly it just sits in my room (i only use it like once or twice a week). I came home the other weekend, opened it up and the screen is cracked. I have no idea what happened...like i said, it's been sitting in my room, and no one goes in there. Any ideas on if it would be warranteed, or what it would cost to replace? it's still useable, but it's just lame. I think it's a 17" screen - the shiny one... :cry:

Froggystyle
11-21-2005, 02:17 PM
So i have a toshiba laptop, bought it about 6 months ago (open box deal, but it was in perfect condition). I always keep it in a case, and mostly it just sits in my room (i only use it like once or twice a week). I came home the other weekend, opened it up and the screen is cracked. I have no idea what happened...like i said, it's been sitting in my room, and no one goes in there. Any ideas on if it would be warranteed, or what it would cost to replace? it's still useable, but it's just lame. I think it's a 17" screen - the shiny one... :cry:
Should be covered. I know a bunch of people with Toshiba satellites and they all have done very well with them...

Do F150's Float?
11-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Should be covered. I know a bunch of people with Toshiba satellites and they all have done very well with them...
Do i need to deal directly with toshiba? or the store i bought it from (best buy)?

Newcastle
11-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I think I bought the same Toshiba Laptop from Best Buy. Haven't had any problems with it yet so can't tell you what to expect...

BajaMike
11-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Do i need to deal directly with toshiba? or the store i bought it from (best buy)?
I would take it back to Best Buy.....hope they warrantee it, the screens cost about $900 to replace. :220v:
:rollside: good luck!