PDA

View Full Version : I met Tom Papp at World Finals

TJS
11-22-2005, 05:05 AM
My buddy (who lives in AZ now, he was from CT) and I were walking in the pits on Friday around 5pm after the action. We saw Tom Papp's crew working on the engine. I had pics of my buddies Cheyene on my digital camera and somehow got Mr. Papp's attention. He told us some history about my buddies boat and appox. when it was made. He is very professional and down to earth. He said for us to call him anytime if we have more set up questions on the boat. We were also drooling over the yellow Gen III Kevlar Stealth he had there. That hull was sweet. Anyway I am back in cold and rainy Connecticut. Had a good time out west. Pics and vids of the Cheyene at Parker to follow.

BigBlockOldsJet
11-22-2005, 05:58 AM
I met Santa Claus at Wal Mart last night, he was very professional when he asked me what I wanted for Christmas.

revndave
11-22-2005, 06:13 AM
Tom is a great person and knows jets.

mj680
11-22-2005, 06:14 AM
I met Santa Claus at Wal Mart last night, he was very professional when he asked me what I wanted for Christmas.
I met ELVIS at Lake Ming last week and He was also very professional and ask me what I wanted him to sing.He sang Hound Dog and Heartbreak Hotel before He went water sking. :cool:

superdave013
11-22-2005, 06:16 AM
Tom is a great person and knows jets.
but also pretty damn good at everything else too. I go over to his shop and see it all. Jet's, v drive and some big bad I/O's.
He is a very nice guy. Glad to hear you got to meet him.

Big Proppa
11-22-2005, 07:05 AM
I can't count the times tommy has got me in and out on last minutes notice.
Wouldn't put it past him to work until 10 or 11 to get boats done for the races or for holiday trips to the river.
Great Dude.

blender over
11-22-2005, 03:11 PM
I met ELVIS at Lake Ming last week and He was also very professional and ask me what I wanted him to sing.He sang Hound Dog and Heartbreak Hotel before He went water sking. :cool:
holy shit that is funny, dont care who u are :)

Hustler
11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
I can't count the times tommy has got me in and out on last minutes notice.
Wouldn't put it past him to work until 10 or 11 to get boats done for the races or for holiday trips to the river.
Great Dude.
Tom loves procrastinating customers like you. Nothing like waiting till the night before huh Bill? LOL :D

Bense468
11-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I have never met him, but heard a lot of great things about him.

superdave013
11-22-2005, 04:43 PM
NO SH*T Big Proppa, every time I stop in he has one of your boats sittin there. When you gonna decide which one you REALLY want?
SD013, when am I gonna get to meet YOU? Tom tells me ever time I come around Dave hides inna back room! I must have bad breath or sumptin.
Rio :cry:
It's not the breath. But just reading your sig line is scary! lol
Next time you are in Placentia swing on by.
461 Industrial Way
Placentia, CA
714 223 9322

revndave
11-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Forgot about he knows hydros also.The blown gas deal at his shop is bad ass.