PDA

View Full Version : More good news...My boat ins has been cancelled. :(

Phat Matt
11-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Seems like they do not want to insure a boat that goes over 60mph. They just sent me a refund check and will be cancelling me as of 12/17. :( I told them I wasn't going to lie about the speed. Sea-Doo's go over 60???
Anyone want to sell me some insurance?
The boat is registered in OR if that makes any difference.

slink
11-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Who you with? Try progressive

NorCalCat
11-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Seems like they do not want to insure a boat that goes over 60mph. They just sent me a refund check and will be cancelling me as of 12/17. :( I told them I wasn't going to lie about the speed. Sea-Doo's go over 60???
Who were you with? There are several ins. companies that will write you.
Try, Progressive, Farmers, Sea Safe, or even whoever has your autos.

Phat Matt
11-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Who you with? Try progressive
It's American Family Insurance for the moment. I have State Farm on my other boat but they won't touch the new one because it is 850HP (twin 496 HO's). The boat is a tank though and would be a slug without power.

Phat Matt
11-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Who were you with? There are several ins. companies that will write you.
Try, Progressive, Farmers, Sea Safe, or even whoever has your autos.
I will try them.
Thanks.

LHC30Victory
11-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Try progressive through London Bridge Ins in LHC. They may help....

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-22-2005, 09:32 AM
same thing happened to us. Insurance was one of the major deciding factors in buying the Stoker. We talked to State Farm, the guy said no problem and it was affordable. We buy the Stoker and a few weeks later we get the cancellation notice and a refund check. We ended up having to pay +$1500 for the insurance. :yuk:
I don't have the carrier info with me at work but I can pm it to ya tomorrow.
Pretty much you are gonna have to pay alot now. Unless you are willing to lie and risk a claim be denied, you're gonna have to pay!

UnionJack
11-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Welcome to our life matt

NOTALENT
11-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Who do all the baller's with there Cigs, Skaters, spectres etc get insured through???
Sorry to hear that matt.

Flashover
11-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Hey matt if you wan't you can give my guy a call. He is not in Cali but he does all of the boat insurance for my familys boat dealership, he is real good and im sure he can make things work for you. He is with Allstate. If you wan't his number and info send me a PM.. :crossx: :crossx:

Magic34
11-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Welcome to our life matt
Yup, welcome to the club. Normally, we have a big ceremony, but it looks like you just bypassed that.
Might as well ask everyone what they are using for lube these days. You'll need it.
I'm not going to even recommend anyone because I hate them all at this point.

Phat Matt
11-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Yup, welcome to the club. Normally, we have a big ceremony, but it looks like you just bypassed that.
Might as well ask everyone what they are using for lube these days. You'll need it.
UJ was kind enough to let me use some of his drive lube last time we went out. :2purples:

Phat Matt
11-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Hey matt if you wan't you can give my guy a call. He is not in Cali but he does all of the boat insurance for my familys boat dealership, he is real good and im sure he can make things work for you. He is with Allstate. If you wan't his number and info send me a PM.. :crossx: :crossx:
Send it.

UnionJack
11-22-2005, 09:44 AM
I have my paddle at work

Phat Matt
11-22-2005, 09:47 AM
The thing that sucks is I called around looking for insurance while the boat was being built. I secured this probably about 6 months ago. I recieved my policy before I took delivery of the boat and paid for it in full. Now they change their mind. What I don't understand is the same company insures my friends 28' cat that goes over 60. Mine was even listed as a DECK. The hull wasn't the issue nor was the HP, just the speed being over 60mph. :(

mbrown2
11-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Hmmmm, wonder if this will cut into E-Ticket sales....when folks have to pay Cat insurance prices for a deckboat that does 80-90....Sorry to hear your pain, but check with Tobtek, he is getting his Party Cat (yeah right) insured reasonably with 600horses on the back...
Check with Devin Wozencraft....Farmers Agent - 714-263-2626

Flashover
11-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Send it.
Done, check your PM's

Phat Matt
11-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Done, check your PM's
Got it. Thanks!

Daytona100
11-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Hmmmm, wonder if this will cut into E-Ticket sales....when folks have to pay Cat insurance prices for a deckboat that does 80-90....Sorry to hear your pain, but check with Tobtek, he is getting his Party Cat (yeah right) insured reasonably with 600horses on the back...
Went thru the same thing when I got my cat. Soon as they heard blower I got cancelled. Devin was the only guy who could get it insured. I got cancelled 3 times before the boat even hit the water. Welcome to Cats and Tunnels :cry:

Outnumbered
11-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Allstate won't touch it. Allstate did the same thing to me that Matt just went thru. Everyone said sure, cool, no problem....then the cancellation notice in the mail and a few weeks later a refund check. Farmers would not touch it either, nor would AAA. I'm with Progressive now with guaranteed replacement. Read your policy. Agents tell you what you want to hear. It must say guaranteed replacement value or agreed value. If not, you have an ACV policy and that is bad.

riverroyal
11-22-2005, 10:22 AM
It's American Family Insurance for the moment. I have State Farm on my other boat but they won't touch the new one because it is 850HP (twin 496 HO's). The boat is a tank though and would be a slug without power.
a month,they cancelled us as well..we are now with progressive,so far so good

riverroyal
11-22-2005, 10:23 AM
let me know when,I will bring the beer

Cole Trickle
11-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Progressive is good for a 496HO or less.
I don't know if they will be Kosher with the Duals?

bunny 166
11-22-2005, 10:30 AM
We have Progressive, but we are at the limit with 490 HP...Not sure with twins, though...Hope everything works out Matt... :)

Outnumbered
11-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Progressive is good for a 496HO or less.
I don't know if they will be Kosher with the Duals?
One way to find out:
Call Dwain at Alternative Insurance (Progressive). He is a boater and is very knowledgeable about big horsepower and speed boats. From what I remember with talking to him, its big power in small boats that is tough to write.
951-280-9999

bunny 166
11-22-2005, 10:35 AM
One way to find out:
Call Dwain at Alternative Insurance (Progressive). He is a boater and is very knowledgeable about big horsepower and speed boats. From what I remember with talking to him, its big power in small boats that is tough to write.
951-280-9999
Ditto this...He is very easy to work with!! :)

Ziggy
11-22-2005, 10:52 AM
The boat is a tank though and would be a slug without power.
Geez Matt, just take out maybe 50% off the sound system and one motor might do :D :D
Hope you get good insurance to keep you covered well otherwise I'm taking the approach of leaving lots of room between me and all the big cats on the water. ;):p :)

KLEPTOW
11-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Sounds like these builders need to get together and start there own Insurance pool.

superdave013
11-22-2005, 11:12 AM
One way to find out:
951-280-9999
small boats, I got lucky.
AAA has my house, car and both trucks. So I called them and they sent a guy out to take some photos and get my info.
Some questions he asked:
How much power? I donno, put me in the big boy bracket on the power.
How fast? I donno, I don't want to take it out until it is insured.
So this is the GT Marine model right? No, it is a 20' Schiada Super Sport
What to you want the replacement value to be? 2K on the trailer and 25K on the boat (way low but I didn't want to push my luck)
Ok, everything looks ok now I have to take some photos: Hey that just sounds great.
So this guy takes all kinds of photos. Some of the bottom (two blade racing prop and all), some inside (open stirnger rigged v drive) and a shit load of the exposed twin turbo big block chevy with all the goodies including some over the transom dry pipes.
I got a bill for 305 bucks and going on the 4th year so far.
Now here is my question:: I did not lie and they have lots of photos of what they insured. So I should be cool if something happens right?

Outnumbered
11-22-2005, 11:20 AM
AAA has my house, car and both trucks. So I called them and they sent a guy out to take some photos and get my info.
Some questions he asked:
What to you want the replacement value to be? 2K on the trailer and 25K on the boat (way low but I didn't want to push my luck)
Ok, everything looks ok now I have to take some photos: Hey that just sounds great.
So this guy takes all kinds of photos. Some of the bottom (two blade racing prop and all), some inside (open stirnger rigged v drive) and a shit load of the exposed twin turbo big block chevy with all the goodies including some over the transom dry pipes.
Now here is my question:: I did not lie and they have lots of photos of what they insured. So I should be cool if something happens right?
You are grandfathered in from 4 years ago. I was paying under $300 with Allstate too but then I got a new boat and they said no way. You will be fine until you get a new boat. Things have changed in the past 4 years.

INSman
11-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Progressive will write twin 496's, but they won't write anything above 75MPH if memory serves me correct. The handle the policy for my Shockwave.
If they won't do it, you might have to do a Homeowners/Boat combo with a company that will write both of them and give you a multi-policy discount.
Damn, INSURANCE sucks !!! :cool:

Kilrtoy
11-22-2005, 12:07 PM
HELLO MARKEL and good bye wallet...
Sorry to hear this matt

Outnumbered
11-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Why can't you just prop it down to 19-pitch and bounce off the rev limiters at 70mph :crossx:

IN2-IN2MX
11-22-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm useless on this topic but just wanted to say sorry you're having such a hard week. Yuck.

Outnumbered
11-22-2005, 12:11 PM
HELLO MARKEL and good bye wallet...
Sorry to hear this matt
Is that who you have or do the wackas get you under the radar?

Kilrtoy
11-22-2005, 12:14 PM
MARKEL is the only game in town and its not cheap

DeepVee
11-22-2005, 12:24 PM
American National is another alternative.
ANPAC (http://www.anpac.com)
Like Progressive they have a limit of 70-75 MPH but for me they were $100/year less and had a better reputation then Progressive. I just called them up gave them the HP and weight and let them tell me how fast the boat would go. Their speed numbers were conservative and worked in my favor. :) T496HO's should not be a problem to insure.

Froggystyle
11-22-2005, 12:45 PM
All of a sudden our stock package is making sense, huh????
Now everyone knows why it will deliver with 600 at the shafts. In stock configuration, the Revolution is listed as a "runabout" because of the hull design, jet drive and construction materials.
I feel terrible for you Matt. I have a huge fear of this happenning to us.

Havasu Hangin'
11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Who do all the baller's with there Cigs, Skaters, spectres etc get insured through?
Bob at Worldwide Marine (writes through Markel).
Markel wrote me policy when nobody else would touch a boat with 1,500HP.

Havasu Hangin'
11-22-2005, 12:49 PM
...the Revolution is listed as a "runabout" because of the hull design, jet drive and construction materials.
It's not a PWC? :idea:

Kilrtoy
11-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Bob at Worldwide Marine (writes through Markel).
Markel wrote me policy when nobody else would touch a boat with 1,500HP.
Were you trying to insure a friends boat or what :)

Jordy
11-22-2005, 01:21 PM
It doesn't hurt to only have 600hp in a 30' boat with twin engines. ;)

Havasu Hangin'
11-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Were you trying to insure a friends boat or what :)
No...I have no friends.
:cry:

Kilrtoy
11-22-2005, 01:52 PM
No...I have no friends.
:cry:
I'll be your friend.......

INSman
11-22-2005, 01:54 PM
American National is another alternative.
ANPAC (http://www.anpac.com)
Like Progressive they have a limit of 70-75 MPH but for me they were $100/year less and had a better reputation then Progressive. I just called them up gave them the HP and weight and let them tell me how fast the boat would go. Their speed numbers were conservative and worked in my favor. :) T496HO's should not be a problem to insure.
Matt
Check with the company mentioned above. I looked them up and they seem to be a large company with a solid AM Best rating.

burtandnancy
11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Superdave013, with that kind of deal, send in your check for the next 4 years and if it goes up a bit in the meantime, just tell them to bill you. Thats the all time best deal I've ever heard of...

superdave013
11-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Superdave013, with that kind of deal, send in your check for the next 4 years and if it goes up a bit in the meantime, just tell them to bill you. Thats the all time best deal I've ever heard of...
It's up to around 350 this year I'm thinkin.
I know it's a deal and during my EXTENDED restore project I've paid it even though I'm not using the boat. I just don't want anyone to come out and look at it again.

LHC30Victory
11-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Matt, look on the bright side, you and Jen are ALWAYS welcome on our boat :argue: :rollside: :rollside:

INSman
11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Some questions he asked:
You should be good ONLY up to $2k on the trailer and $25k on the boat. If you cannot replace the trailer, motor, boat etc. for that, I would highly suggest that you ask them to quote you a "STATED VALUE" option for a dollar figure that it would take you to replace it at today's dollars.
Okay, NO more free insurance advice for today !! :cool:

HM
11-22-2005, 04:03 PM
The hull wasn't the issue nor was the HP, just the speed being over 60mph. :(
Put 15 inch pitch props or 40 inch props on it and it won't go over 60 MPH.

Throttle
11-22-2005, 04:16 PM
this brings the next question matt???
did you really have coverage the other day when you got a ticket?
here's your sign.... j/k!

Phat Matt
11-22-2005, 05:12 PM
this brings the next question matt???
did you really have coverage the other day when you got a ticket?
here's your sign.... j/k!
Yes sir! I just couldn't prove it at that moment, just the last two years. I have it within reach now. :)
If I would have had time and wasn't worried about getting my sister and her baby to the airport I would have looked until I found it or found a wireless network and downloaded it for him. :)

soupersonic
11-22-2005, 05:28 PM
I went round and round with progressive, apparently they changed some guidelines right before i needed a new policy, they wouldnt insure my v hull with HP500's but the 496's were no prob.