Comp Cams custom grind mechanical roller camshaft .680/.687 260/268 @.050
Comp Endure X roller lifters
Manton pushrods
Comp Roller rockers
AFR aluminum stud girdles
Superchiller polished innercooler
GM Performance Parts aluminum valve covers powdercoated blue
Aluminum puke tank oil return system included
8.8:1 static compression-was built as a blower motor. Just sold the blower and carbs and have the long block and innercooler left.
Nothing but the best parts here. Motor just broken-in and has only 6 passes at the track on it. DynoÂ’d at 1,000 hp @ 6,400 rpm / 899 ft/lbs torque @ 4,600 rpm on pump gas with the blower.
$9,000 takes it.
pm me for more info.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/45IMG_4856.JPG

dmontzsta
11-22-2005, 11:39 AM
The truth comes out 580ci :D

Hustler
11-22-2005, 03:07 PM
The truth comes out 580ci :D
I never knew it was a secret.
Cant wait to see what you got cookin Mike.

Beautiful Noise
11-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Its going to look funny seeing Mikes Boat with a Whacker Bolted on the back at next years CBBB :)

superdave013
11-22-2005, 03:16 PM
I never knew it was a secret.
Cant wait to see what you got cookin Mike.
It should have been. 565" is the max for blown gas jet. lol

cyclone
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
its only a secret if you ask me and i dont tell. duh! :)

cyclone
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
oh and the limit is 572 now wiz kid.

superdave013
11-22-2005, 04:40 PM
oh and the limit is 572 now wiz kid.
then they need to update the rule book. I did look it up before I made my post.

BUSBY
11-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Well actually Mike ... it's only made the ballot ... which most members will receive tonight or tomorrow ... so don't get too excited yet.
Dave, you are correct as of right now ... but who knows after December???

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Damn mike, are you following squirtin thunder???

superdave013
11-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Well actually Mike ... it's only made the ballot ... which most members will receive tonight or tomorrow ... so don't get too excited yet.
Dave, you are correct as of right now ... but who knows after December???
Why on earth would you want to do that? Back when I was racing it was only 557" and BGJ's were going faster then this speed limit that you now have.

cyclone
11-23-2005, 02:35 PM
572 is a pretty common combo these days dave. you can build it with off the shelf 4.500 pistons and a 4.500 crank.
why not increase the size limit so that more guys can run? Adding 7 cid the displacement isn't going to have a major affect on boat speed anyways.

Jetboatguru
11-26-2005, 06:36 PM
So, Am I to understand that Cyclone's motor is a 580 incher and he ran it in Blown gas Jet?
Am I also to understand that Busby, a NJBA board member who performs P and G tests and enforces legal motor rules, built this motor for Cyclone?
Am I the only one that sees a problem here? Is it OK since he is a board member and gets a little leeway? What do you have to say Brian I am all ears!!

Squirtin Thunder
11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Damn mike, are you following squirtin thunder???
No he is just trying to sell something.

Bobbo541
11-26-2005, 06:52 PM
I was thinking the samething that Tony said.

Johnwithjm
11-26-2005, 07:28 PM
If you not cheating your not trying :rollside:

slowasscp
11-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Its not cheating if you dont get cought. :crossx:

cyclone
11-27-2005, 12:59 AM
So, Am I to understand that Cyclone's motor is a 580 incher and he ran it in Blown gas Jet?
Am I also to understand that Busby, a NJBA board member who performs P and G tests and enforces legal motor rules, built this motor for Cyclone?
Am I the only one that sees a problem here? Is it OK since he is a board member and gets a little leeway? What do you have to say Brian I am all ears!!
Guru- I'm not a board member. Yes i've volunteered to help out but I'm not a board member.
Yes the motor is what i say it is. In fact, before it lost a lifter in September, forcing me to rebuild it again, it was what i said it was then-a 572, which is 7 cid over the limit. It was never built to conform to racing rules. Its always been over the limit. I've put it on my registration form and its been announced at the track every time i made a pass. I've never hid how big the displacement was.
I've ran my boat at the track simply to tune it. My engine has not made my boat competitive in BGJ and I never intended it to be. I stopped running river racer and stepped into a bracket and a pro class to simply get more seat time at the track in my boat. The only class my boat even remotely fits into is bgj so that's what ive been registering for. No one has ever protested my running the class because frankly, my boat has been 1/2 second or more off the pace. The other competitors in BGJ know exactly how big my motor is. I'm sure that if someone had a problem with it, they would have said something at the races. If i had ever won even one round and someone protested my boat i would have gladly conceded the win because yes- my motor is illegal. But like i said since my boat is not nearly as quick as the others in bgj its not been an issue.
The reason i'm selling the motor is because I told Brian Busby that i would build another one in order to be legal in whatever classes I run next season. He did not show me any favoritism and I knew that he would be first in line to disqualify me if another competitor had a problem running against me. To be honest, the extra 7 cid gives my boat no advantage against the other motors racing in my class.

Jetboatguru
11-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Mike, this is not a slam on you in any way. Please don't take it that way. The reason that I posted what I did is because we have been protested a multitude of times and as flattering as it is, it gets old. I have no problem with YOU doing what you are doing but it is a huge double standard and conflict of interest for a board member or member of NJBA tech to have participated in the building process of the motor and then allowing it to run. Would that be the same for other racers?

Cs19
11-27-2005, 08:38 AM
I pit with alot of guys who run in the 8.60-9.0 range who are all running 500 plus inch motors. If they are over 500 inch, they enter UBFJ rather than the more competitive class PGJ.
I personally have no problem with what Mike is doing as long as he has plans to be legal, and it sounds like he has full intentions of that.
Isnt an 8.80 with a good light competitive in BGJ @ ming if you dont pair up with Fuentes?

wsuwrhr
11-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Mr. S,
I have been on both sides of this, being an offical, and being part of a race team.
Tearing shit down at the track, while proving to everyone that you are legal, sucks nonetheless. When it happens time and time again, to me, is just harassment. I agree.
To that I say, whoever is protesting needs to get home as fast as they can, and get to work on their shit to be more competitive, and not worry so much about what everyone else is doing.
Cyclone,
I say that if you never hid it, that EVERYONE ELSE in the class knew what was going on, and you NEVER eliminated a single boat in competition, then "It's all good."
my worthless coupla pennies.
Sorry to completely hijack your motor post in the other thread regarding alcohol. The subject just interests me.
Brian
I've put it on my registration form and its been announced at the track every time i made a pass. I've never hid how big the displacement was.
My engine has not made my boat competitive in BGJ and I never intended it to be.
No one has ever protested my running the class because frankly, my boat has been 1/2 second or more off the pace. The other competitors in BGJ know exactly how big my motor is. I'm sure that if someone had a problem with it, they would have said something at the races.
If i had ever won even one round and someone protested my boat i would have gladly conceded the win because yes- my motor is illegal.
He did not show me any favoritism and I knew that he would be first in line to disqualify me if another competitor had a problem running against me.

cyclone
11-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Mike, this is not a slam on you in any way. Please don't take it that way. The reason that I posted what I did is because we have been protested a multitude of times and as flattering as it is, it gets old. I have no problem with YOU doing what you are doing but it is a huge double standard and conflict of interest for a board member or member of NJBA tech to have participated in the building process of the motor and then allowing it to run. Would that be the same for other racers?
No i know you are not slamming me. I understand you being angry at being protested and having to tear down your engine. You race in a highly competitve atmospere whereas I am just coming out with my boat to have a good time. But like i said before, everyone runnin BGJ knew all about my engine. Willis Johns, Tom Cress, Ron Fuentes, Brad Parrack etc. It wasn't a secret, it was right there on the forms, in the trackside announcements, and I even talked about it in conversation. Brian wasn't showing me favoritism. I didn't go there to win a race but rather tune my boat. Next season if i race it will be with a legal engine.

BUSBY
11-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Mike knows that he would have been disqualified if he were winning ... EVERYONE who ran BGJ knew about his large engine and NEVER protested, even before I was Race Director or a Board Member. Mike was running a 572 prior to this year.
During the build ... I did tell Mike that he needed to make the suggection for the 2006 season for a displacement increase ... but he said he would start with a new motor to be legal ... that is the truth.
As a secondary issue ... no favoritisim has been shown to Mike ... I'm only trying to get as many boats out on the water as possible, just like I did with letting you pilot three boats last race. I looked at a way to make it happen with you and then had to have an hour long arguement after registration with Don Jones & others to make it happen because I told you I would.
So coming out here in a public forum to say I am showing favoritisim is BS ... IMO. I am looking for a way for racers to come out and run what they have, yourself included Tony. I have gone to bat for you without you even knowing it w/o even knowing you ... so I guess they say I'm bending the rules for you I should agree? No I shouldn't ... I try to be fair and speak to everyone involved (In Mike's case, going to the others in his class and asking his competitor's if it was okay if he ran against them ... which BTW, I did do ... ) to see if it's okay.
Next time, try to find out all of the facts prior to coming out here in an open forum and making accusations that I'm "bending" the rules, for anyone.
And for the record, I assisted Mike in his build ... in my garage, with my tools. Mike wanted to make sure that he didn't fock up anything. No money changed hands, he didn't pay me to build his motor. It was just two friends working on an engine trying to get him back on the water, not a Race Director/Board Member trying to help someone cheat. Period.
Mike I hope someone comes along and buys this thing now ... and build a 440" like Ron's ... then there will be no arguement.

Jetboatguru
11-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Brian,
I am not saying Cyclone is cheating. Let's make that point clear. I think it is great that more boats are out running. My issue is that we have been disqualified from the class for something as petty as not having a second seat in the boat. Or, having a third circuit in our carburetors got us DQ'd. Where do you draw the line? If we were not competitive in Ski Flat would it be ok for us to be illegal? If there is a points race and Cylone lines up against one of the boats in the points chase it is a free round for that guy and the other guy involved in the chase is not gonna be happy about it. My point is the rules need to be consistant. Brian, you never bent any rules for me at the last race. I drove 2 boats and that is clearly within the rules as there was only one boat in competition. Don't take this as an attack on you Brian. It is a fact that NJBA "bent" the rules to allow a bigger motor to run! So my facts are straight.

BUSBY
11-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Don't take this as an attack on you Brian.
This second quote is where I took it as you making it personal and asked that you make sure that your facts were correct.
First off, I assisted Mike in his build. I didn't order, machine or even recommend any of his engine parts. He showed up with everything & I assisted him by insuring that it was built properly ... which it was. As far as cubic inch, the other racers who were racing (including the ones who were in the points race) all agreed that he could run.
Secondly, I do not P&G motors ... our Tech Team does under the supervision of Joe Shelfo, Sr. the Tech Director. If a protest has been made, and he fails P&G ... then yes, the rule would have been enforced by me, Mike knew of this.
Third incorrect point, Mike isn't a Board Member. He has been nominated for the 2006 season, but the members need to vote him in if he is to be one.
It is a fact that NJBA "bent" the rules to allow a bigger motor to run! So my facts are straight.
If you would like to claim that all of your facts were straight, cool ... but the point I really think you were trying to make was that you had been discriminated upon before and why wasn't Mike. The difference was that someone in your class made a protest where in Mike's case ... he had permission form the other racers in his class.
Brian, you never bent any rules for me at the last race. I drove 2 boats and that is clearly within the rules as there was only one boat in competition.
Didn't we have you down for 3 boats? One bracket, one class and an exhibition? That is the area that is grey in the rulebook that I went to bat for you on at your request. Now, if you didn't run all three ... well then I wasted my time arguing about it at the last registration for you.

uglycstmr
11-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Didn't we have you down for 3 boats? One bracket, one class and an exhibition? That is the area that is grey in the rulebook that I went to bat for you on at your request. Now, if you didn't run all three ... well then I wasted my time arguing about it at the last registration for you.[/QUOTE]
Brian,
That was at the September Race.
Renee

cyclone
11-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Can we get back to the part where someone buys my motor so that i can legally go racing again? thanks. :)

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Brian,
That was at the September Race.
Renee
Thanks Renee ... I knew that we had to deal with that for him ... no biggie, but it was a heated arguement though ... you know how Don gets ...

uglycstmr
11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Thanks Renee ... I knew that we had to deal with that for him ... no biggie, but it was a heated arguement though ... you know how Don gets ...
Oh how I do...... :cry:

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 03:41 PM
That was the not so fun part of the job ... but you handle him well ... :D I figure whenever he has an issue ... I'll send him your way!
lol

cyclone
11-28-2005, 04:11 PM
ok so the blower and carbs are sold. down to a long block now.

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 04:13 PM
:D
Alright! Progress!
:D

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 04:13 PM
sorry about the mini-hijack of the thread!

Lost Wages
11-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm only trying to get as many boats out on the water as possible,
So coming out here in a public forum to say I am showing favoritisim is BS ... IMO. I am looking for a way for racers to come out and run what they have, yourself included Tony. I have gone to bat for you without you even knowing it w/o even knowing you ... so I guess they say I'm bending the rules for you I should agree? No I shouldn't ... I try to be fair and speak to everyone involved (In Mike's case, going to the others in his class and asking his competitor's if it was okay if he ran against them ... which BTW, I did do ... ) to see if it's okay.
As Mr Busby stated a few months ago..........
"So, if you think asking for a motorhome fee is being "greedy" ... why don't you do us the favor and stay home, that is not the type of sportsmanship we are looking for in our organization."
Yet another reason why are friend Mr. Busby should stick to racing, not directing. To much CONTROVERSY!!

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Yet another reason why are friend Mr. Busby should stick to racing, not directing. To much CONTROVERSY!!
Thank you for your input Mr. Pickney.

victorfb
11-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Can we get back to the part where someone buys my motor so that i can legally go racing again? thanks. :)
Mike, theres no need to sell that motor to go racing legal. we just swap motors, simple. :)

uglycstmr
11-29-2005, 08:18 AM
You go right on ahead, Don is a sweetie. I'll deal with him anytime. Well some of the time :)
That was the not so fun part of the job ... but you handle him well ... :D I figure whenever he has an issue ... I'll send him your way!
lol