PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering ?

BigDoug
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Do most of you fuel up with supreme or the regular unleaded ? (boat or car)
The reason i ask is let's say Chevron supreme -vs- am/pm supreme, is there a difference in quality ? -vs- cost differance ?
or basicly does it pay to pay the higher amount for the supposedly better gas ?...........................sorry for any confusion, i think i confused myself :cool:

dicudmore
11-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Do most of you fuel up with supreme or the regular unleaded ? (boat or car)
The reason i ask is let's say Chevron supreme -vs- am/pm supreme, is there a difference in quality ? -vs- cost differance ?
or basicly does it pay to pay the higher amount for the supposedly better gas ?...........................sorry for any confusion, i think i confused myself :cool:
it seems as though all gas in Havi and so-cal sucks anyways...
In the case of your trucks, check your owners manual. If the book says recommended octane 87 then you will gain nothing going higher. Causes some products to actually run worse...something about volatility

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2005, 09:51 PM
I explained this once to you. Most all the gas comes from the same place and then they add there adative.
Do you remember me saying the 460 with the D2 heads ran best on mid grade ??? That engine was 9.3-1, super cost me 2 or 3 mph. The AM/PM is the cheepest right ??? Run it, the comp will adjust everything for you.

BigDoug
11-22-2005, 09:55 PM
What's up Dan ?.. just having a friendly conversation with the neighbor and he said "why do you put cheap gas in your truck from am/pm" i said "cause it's inexpensive" he said "yep!! but it's crap, you need to put chevron, mobil, shell and the like in your tank" so it got me to thinking if it was just better to pay the extra $$ for a quality fuel and if it benefits me -vs- cost effective cheaper crap.
Does it really make a differance ???.... :)

Sleek-Jet
11-22-2005, 10:04 PM
What ever additives Shell puts in their gas always gives me an extra mpg on average... but it usually costs a good .10 more a gallon at the local station compared to the Phillips I usually buy, so it doesn't make sense to spring for it.
I know most gas comes from the same refineries, but almost all the brands have different handling requirements.
Back home in Colorado, all the gas is refined by Giant... doesn't matter who's name is on the pump, it all comes from the same place.