PDA

View Full Version : What's a DCB Mach 22 hull worth?

stoneman
12-20-2002, 06:32 AM
Looking at a 99 mach 22.The hull/interior are in
good condition,trailer is crap with a blown up
merc 300 pro max.If i was to purchase this rig i
would have to break my neck and donate some body
parts to get the money so i need to basically
steal the boat.Would some of you DCB guy's give
me some good number's on it.Thanks Stoney!

Boatmaster
12-20-2002, 07:01 AM
This is the one on the galvinized trailer in CT right? Kill looking boat, but when I checked in to it for a freind of mine I found out the motor has a hole in the block. This means it will need a new powerhead and can not be rebuilt. Trailer is an Exstreme so I would'nt say it was junk, unless I missed something? I would think anything under 20k is a steal. Hope this helps.

HavasuDreamin'
12-20-2002, 08:12 AM
Boatmaster:
Trailer is an Exstreme so I would'nt say it was junk, unless I missed something? I thought this was the only one the guys at DCB saw with a cheap looking galvanized trailer under it? :confused:
IMHO........your looking at a new 300X + some hookup ........say $20K + a trailer say $5K. If the boat is in excellent condition aside from the motor and trailer, I would say $20K to $25K tops is about right. That way you can be in the deal for about $45K to $50K which isn't bad considering a new one is north of $75K.

mbrown2
12-20-2002, 10:38 AM
Stoneman,
You are in Florida, so you will probably want to keep the trailer galvanized if you are going run in any salt or just due to the humidity...yeah, its galvanized, but its a good trailer, and you could always paint it for cheaper than new.
If you are trying to make it all new, then look at HDreaming's response...If you are looking at getting it on the water and running it without spending a load...Just get a rebuild/new powerhead...I am sure you can get one in the 9-12K area. After that you will pay approximately 1K for shipping from CT to Fl, and if he still selling it for 25-27 you will be into the boat for approximately 35-37K which is not too bad. I have a bunch of pics of that boat if you would like them sent. He took great care of it even know he used it alot.

stoneman
12-22-2002, 05:24 AM
Boatmaster,Hdreamin,Mbrown2!
Thanks for your input.Yes we are talking about
the same boat.As for the trailer,i guess i could
live with the galvanized one for a little while.
I figure i could be in the boat and running for
a little over 30k which i think would be pretty
good,or the 21 skater i found with twin 2.5 carb
moters for a little under thirty.What are your
thoughts on that? Thanks Stoneman"stoney"!

wattrdog
01-03-2003, 06:53 PM
whats up, dont think dcb is worth anything over 15,000 check cougar web site can buy new 27 w/int and tanks for 25,000 and 21,000 w/o int and from hot boat write ups cougar must be pretty nice boat ? dcb not all it is blown up to be just another eliminator copy why not buy an original.

mbrown2
01-03-2003, 07:14 PM
wattrdog:
whats up, dont think dcb is worth anything over 15,000 check cougar web site can buy new 27 w/int and tanks for 25,000 and 21,000 w/o int and from hot boat write ups cougar must be pretty nice boat ? dcb not all it is blown up to be just another eliminator copy why not buy an original. I bought both so I would not have to worry...Cougar may be OK, but they are not close to SoCal, and I would hate to have bought one last year, and now they just dropped the price on my new boat...kind of like buying a house, and they drop the second phase..won't keep many customers that way....maybe they will be having business issues next (I hope not, but you don't drop prices unless supply suffers).. As for DCB's...the Boats speak for themselves. :D :D :D
Newbies..
http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/newbies.jpg
[ January 03, 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

TOBTEK
01-03-2003, 07:27 PM
mbrown2:
wattrdog:
whats up, dont think dcb is worth anything over 15,000 check cougar web site can buy new 27 w/int and tanks for 25,000 and 21,000 w/o int and from hot boat write ups cougar must be pretty nice boat ? dcb not all it is blown up to be just another eliminator copy why not buy an original. I bought both so I would not have to worry...Cougar may be OK, but they are not close to SoCal, and I would hate to have bought one last year, and they just dropped the price on my new boat...maybe they are going out of business next. As for DCB's...the Boats speak for themselves.
Newbies..
http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/newbies.jpg yeah.......what he said! cougar's are NICE, but there NOT DCB's! I looked very hard at a new MTR22, there finish work isnt the same, they use a home make trailer, not extreme, there hardware,swimsteps, ect arent EVEN close....the old saying goes "you get what you paid for"! Not dissing COUGAR, they are nice but there not as nice as a DCB....but thats only my .02 cents.
And shipping it back to Canada would really suck if you had a problem with it!
[ January 03, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: TOBTEK ]