PDA

View Full Version : Inland Auto & Boats, Anyone Bought A Boat There?

HocusPocus
11-24-2005, 11:53 AM
all my older toys are almost all gone.. just got one more boat to sell. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97838) the wife and i will be going down the hill to the inland auto & boats place in San Berdoo on friday. i have been there a couple times just looking around but this time i found a few boats on their website (http://www.inlandautoandboat.com/), and we are considering buying one of them.
just curious if anyone has any contacts there or if anyone has dealt with them before.
thanks for any info.

Kachina26
11-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Do a search, somebody did buy something there. I don't believe they had a great experiance, but don't quote me on that. Lock your doors in that neighborhood too :crossx:

dicudmore
11-24-2005, 12:13 PM
tcook33 bought his Nordic there, before selling it to get his Howard cat...
I don't remember what he said of his dealings with them, other than they got ticketed on lake perris during the demo-ride :220v: :crossx:

HocusPocus
11-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Do a search, somebody did buy something there. I don't believe they had a great experiance, but don't quote me on that. Lock your doors in that neighborhood too :crossx:
i did a search.. didn't find too much, just a little good and a little bad. on the times i was there looking around, they always greeted me and ask me if i needed any questions answered, the usual sales greeting i call it. guess i will see what happens on friday. :)

cola
11-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Most of the used boats are from out of state. They buff these boats and they shine, but they open up the gel too far and they fade fast. They are a Nordic dealer. The guy from up north with the blue Stocker picked it up from them. I will look up his name & you can PM him. HP350SC
Mike

HocusPocus
11-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Most of the used boats are from out of state. They buff these boats and they shine, but they open up the gel too far and they fade fast. They are a Nordic dealer. The guy from up north with the blue Stocker picked it up from them. I will look up his name & you can PM him. HP350SC
Mike
hmmm.. thanks for that info.. something to watch out for. appreciate it.

craiginlaverne
11-27-2005, 07:06 PM
they used to buy boat trailers from us. they seem like they were pretty cool. some of the boats that we re-trailered were in ok condition. their used trucks and SUV's were WAY over priced. good luck

Raisin Wake
11-27-2005, 08:01 PM
I've been there. They've got a lot of boats in stock, but, most of them aren't Hot Boat's style. The environment is like going to a used car lot. That's all I know...

HP350SC
11-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I would buy from them again. I will tell you some things they tried to bump me on. They wanted $350 for the Westland cover that Wal-Mart sells for $140. They also booked out my boat as having an am-fm cd. Well it did, but total value was maybe $8 LOL. Seems like there was one other bogus item to inflate the book value, but can't remember. My gel is in decent shape, but yeah it was buffed :D

HocusPocus
11-27-2005, 09:02 PM
much appreciated info. :)
i went down on friday.. was greeted by some young guy who told me where to find the prices on the boats. they had a good size crew there working hard buffing a few boats. :skull: the boat i was looking at was about 5k over nada and the guy wouldn't budge on the price, so i guess he didn't really want to sell it that bad.
here is what got me.. when i mentioned that he was asking 5k over nada.. he said they don't go by that book.. then when i mentioned a possible trade in.. the first thing he did was pull out the nada book. :crossx: :crossx:
the wife gave me until april to find us a boat.. so i will just keep shopping.

HP350SC
11-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Wonder why they wouldn't budge on price? I knocked 'em down a couple g's, they kept their cover haha. They knew I drove a long way, had a pile of cash with me and his eyes lit up ;)
Oh yeah the prop was too small and dinged, but they had full value for a stainless prop. :rolleyes:
Good luck in your search for a new boat. Prices are good right now!

76ANTHONY
11-27-2005, 09:14 PM
i went down on friday.. was greeted by some young guy who told me where to find the prices on the boats. they had a good size crew there working hard buffing a few boats. :skull: the boat i was looking at was about 5k over nada and the guy wouldn't budge on the price, so i guess he didn't really want to sell it that bad.
here is what got me.. when i mentioned that he was asking 5k over nada.. he said they don't go by that book.. then when i mentioned a possible trade in.. the first thing he did was pull out the nada book. :crossx: :crossx:
ok thats kinda confusing, we dont go by nada but i'll use it on your trade in. hmmmm, when i look im buying something off a person not a dealer, screw all that crap... :mad: :idea:

Outnumbered
11-27-2005, 09:30 PM
What are you looking for?

MBlaster
11-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Why get your ass handed to you by some sneaky dealer when you can probably find a nicer boat for less money private party.
Hell there are some great boats for sale right here on the boards.

Outnumbered
11-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Why get your ass handed to you by some sneaky dealer when you can probably find a nicer boat for less money private party.
Hell there are some great boats for sale right here on the boards.
What he said ;) . And Ca$h talks :D
And don't forget no TAX on a used AZ boat ;)

a catered life
11-28-2005, 02:51 AM
not sure but is that the place on foothill? is it just inside the san ber. limits? i f so that place blows rude ass people and treated me like chafed body parts as soon as we walked on the lot..... :yuk:

Flashover
11-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Uh ... Just buy a Dana. You won't regret it.... :crossx: :crossx:

HocusPocus
11-28-2005, 08:24 AM
What are you looking for?
something around 25' open bow, or small deck boat. we are on the lake around 10 weeks a year and always have lots of kids and family with us. we are out tubing and skiing most of the day, so its needs to be able to plane at fairly low speeds and not to hard on fuel. i had 3 boats up until a few weeks ago.. sold a 24' pontoon and a 21' open bow, just have a 23' daycruiser left.
ok thats kinda confusing, we dont go by nada but i'll use it on your trade in. hmmmm, when i look im buying something off a person not a dealer, screw all that crap... :mad: :idea:
thats what i have always done.. never even went to a dealer before on something used.. truck or boat.. but they had something there the wife liked so we went looking. they were nice people.. and not pushy so its not like i had a bad experience.. i just didn't feel comfortable with the deal is all.

Outnumbered
11-28-2005, 09:00 AM
something around 25' open bow, or small deck boat. we are on the lake around 10 weeks a year and always have lots of kids and family with us. we are out tubing and skiing most of the day, so its needs to be able to plane at fairly low speeds and not to hard on fuel. i had 3 boats up until a few weeks ago.. sold a 24' pontoon and a 21' open bow, just have a 23' daycruiser left.
thats what i have always done.. never even went to a dealer before on something used.. truck or boat.. but they had something there the wife liked so we went looking. they were nice people.. and not pushy so its not like i had a bad experience.. i just didn't feel comfortable with the deal is all.
I'll make you a killer deal on the Ultra, PM me if you are interested.

dicudmore
11-28-2005, 09:22 AM
I'll make you a killer deal on the Ultra, PM me if you are interested.
I can vouch for this...killer boat :cool:

Outnumbered
11-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks

Todd969
11-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Dan........... The plug guy!
You haven't even sold my boat yet and your already working others. :cry:

dicudmore
11-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Dan........... The plug guy!
You haven't even sold my boat yet and your already working others. :cry:
just trying to help :cool:
A 28' won't fit in your garage anyway you know...
if you're not doing anything call me. its slow today