PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Apache Lake AZ

AZKC
05-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Heres a link to our trip last week :skull:
Apache Lake (http://www.havasudoug.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=14;t=6100;ref=65-1040251577)

soupersonic
05-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks for sharing.Excellent pics.Are you going again this year? Please let me know if you do.

AZKC
05-14-2006, 08:12 PM
During the week is the best, but the party does roll on the weekends :crossx: Prolly heading back next month we'll let ya know :)

LUVNLIFE
05-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Hi Kevin.......it's the MRS :) .
Those are great pictures!!! We we're gonna make the trip with ya, but when Becky was telling me about the road to get there :2purples: I cancelled the plans :D . Looks waaaaay relaxing and noone out there, those are the best days :rollside: .
You appear to be 'OK' after Firebird :sqeyes: , I'll be 'more careful' next time ;) .

Jordy
05-16-2006, 05:42 AM
We we're gonna make the trip with ya, but when Becky was telling me about the road to get there :2purples: I cancelled the plans :D .
There are other ways, such as the 87 (Beeline Highway like you're going to Payson) to the 88 and down along Roosevelt Lake and then over the bridge and downstream that aren't all that bad. Sure there are a few miles of road that might rattle your nerves a little bit, but you'll be alright. ;)

AZKC
05-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi Kevin.......it's the MRS :) .
Those are great pictures!!! We we're gonna make the trip with ya, but when Becky was telling me about the road to get there :2purples: I cancelled the plans :D . Looks waaaaay relaxing and noone out there, those are the best days :rollside: .
You appear to be 'OK' after Firebird :sqeyes: , I'll be 'more careful' next time ;) .
Don't be a wus Jen, You and Becky can walk down Fish Creek. :rollside:
As far as the "incident", the ice packs worked wonders on the drive home :boxed:

LUVNLIFE
05-16-2006, 02:44 PM
There are other ways, such as the 87 (Beeline Highway like you're going to Payson) to the 88 and down along Roosevelt Lake and then over the bridge and downstream that aren't all that bad. Sure there are a few miles of road that might rattle your nerves a little bit, but you'll be alright. ;)
The MRS....Hi Jordy! Thanks for the alternate route, it's the 'over the edge' stretch that would kill me :rollside: .
Don't be a wus Jen, You and Becky can walk down Fish Creek.
As long as we have the ice chest :) .
As far as the "incident", the ice packs worked wonders on the drive home
LOL....or frozen peas :messedup: .

Chico&Zeus
05-16-2006, 03:45 PM
It's seriously four miles from the bridge to Upper Burnt Corral where the first launch ramps are, not that bad...if you are heading to the Marina/Hotel, dont...launch at burnt corral and take the lake, otherwise it's a long rough ride!

Hallett19
05-17-2006, 11:46 AM
AZKC, how is that thing running finally ?? It looks good after the long and arduous buildup and remodel !!

AZKC
05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Running pretty solid, having some carb issues with bad fuel. But a big improvement over the last couple of Summers. :)

AzMandella
05-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Jordy's right.You can also take the 60 to Florence Junction to Globe to Roosevelt and down to Apache.I've been going to Apache for almost 40 yrs and have never had any problems.The road from Roosevelt can get a little rough if you are going right after a good rain but they grade it a few times a week and it's usually pretty good.Just a little washboardy here and there.You just can't drive like an idiot.Usually you can travel 10 to 25 miles hr.I've seen people take 30 ft + size boats and travel trailers down it no problem.

Brian
05-18-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't mind towing the Magic down from the Roosevelt side. I just go slow and try to not be in a hurry. Takes me about 25 minutes on the dirt but it's much easier on the trailer and helps keep the boat cleaner. We like to shore camp there but unfortunately some inconsiderate folks have been really tearing up the trees for fire wood last couple of years and killing off some of the nice shade. Also some of those same folks aren't real clean and leave the camp sights a real mess. Still a beautiful place though.

2Driver
05-20-2006, 04:13 PM
That's how we go. Still a lot of washboard dirt road. But good for picking trailer parts on the side of the road :D
BTW: Keep Apache out of the public forums would ya? Jeez let's keep the $hitty place to ourselves before it gets all fud-up like Havasu. :rollside:

Brian
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
I think we're headed up this weekend...

AZKC
06-01-2006, 03:57 PM
The Mrs may have to work or we were going to give it a go, may have to wait till Daddy Day :) Have fun :) bring back all those horror stories :crossx: to scare the people away :skull:

Brian
06-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Yep, terrible place. Just awful. We'll miss you. Ok maybe not... ;)
We'll toast in your honor! :D