PDA

View Full Version : Olds Article in ***boat

Taylorman
05-14-2006, 08:28 PM
What a great article. Very good information. I thought i knew it all about Olds motors but Timinator taught me alot that i did not know about Olds. Lots of tips and tricks. Great reading.

maxwedge
05-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey that's great... of course I'm still waiting for the May issue. :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-15-2006, 02:48 AM
What a great article. Very good information. I thought i knew it all about Olds motors but Timinator taught me alot that i did not know about Olds. Lots of tips and tricks. Great reading.
Are you trying to make it onto Ronco's x-mas card list Taylorman? Ya suck-up. :D
Cool. Way to go Tim. :)

Taylorman
05-15-2006, 07:09 AM
Are you trying to make it onto Ronco's x-mas card list Taylorman? Ya suck-up. :D
Cool. Way to go Tim. :)
Ya got me.

TIMINATOR
05-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys!!! I try to cover as much as I can. Wait for the pump article, I'm working on that now. If anyone has suggestions of what they want to see, here is a good place to post them. TIMINATOR

maxwedge
05-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys!!! I try to cover as much as I can. Wait for the pump article, I'm working on that now. If anyone has suggestions of what they want to see, here is a good place to post them. TIMINATOR
Here's the article I want to see..."Super Sidewinder Pump".... "Read along as we rebuild Maxwedges 12JC into the ultimate Berkeley, using all donated parts from only the best manufacturers"... :D
Whadaya think? Is this a great idea or what? :D

Taylorman
05-15-2006, 09:00 AM
I want to see you make my boat go from 70 to 80 with pumpwork. Now that would be a great article.

GUGS102
05-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Here's the article I want to see..."Super Sidewinder Pump".... "Read along as we rebuild Maxwedges 12JC into the ultimate Berkeley, using all donated parts from only the best manufacturers"... :D
Me too, how about a hallett with a 489 roller motor and a trick pump, by memorial day?? (floating, driving, moving by memorial day)(and not on the trailer)

Devilman
05-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Nice! :D

El Prosecutor
05-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Any way/where to read it online?

DelawareDave
05-15-2006, 11:26 AM
I would be interested as well to read the article. I have an extra Olds 455 that I plan on rebuilding as a spare.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Good job timm, I havent read the article but I have heard that its kick ass;)
Is there any way that you can put some info on bowl work in there? I was taught a certain way to do it but I would like to see how others do it..

Rondane
05-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Good job timm, I havent read the article but I have heard that its kick ass;)
Is there any way that you can put some info on bowl work in there? I was taught a certain way to do it but I would like to see how others do it..
guess it takes a while for you guys to come around.....wonder if he'll start getting mentioned in the "certain circles". If you can make packing start on fire you of all people better wait on the bowl work fireman 396. :D.
ditto on the great article.
rondane

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-15-2006, 07:18 PM
guess it takes a while for you guys to come around.....wonder if he'll start getting mentioned in the "certain circles". If you can make packing start on fire you of all people better wait on the bowl work fireman 396. .
rondane
Your still the jackass that you were :rolleyes: Can you ever post without negativity??? No wonder why these peeps dont like you here, you can never post without any negativity :yuk: Go ahead and post pics of your ride so we all can see it. We want to see what you can bring to the table since you know so damn much :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So I over tightened the packings a little. My bad I forgot that you never amke mistakes MR PERFECT ROGAIN :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Atleast I can admit when I do something wrong unlike yourself :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-15-2006, 07:19 PM
guess it takes a while for you guys to come around.... rondane
Who are you referring to???? You say you guys and then quote my post!!!! Your so pathetic :yuk:

Marty Gras
05-15-2006, 07:23 PM
"Sun, Fun, Play, Stay" That's Bakersfield! Great for car and boat racin'. "Timinator", good luck! It won't be long before you find out why all of us others who wrote 'tech articals' for the rag, bailed out. Hope your hard work gets you some business, like 'Mr Wilkes'.

DEL51
05-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Good Job timm, I bet a lot of olds guys may hold off on switching power due to your input. You answered alot of the questions on why they didn't survive on some jets.

TIMINATOR
05-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback, all of you! The pump article will have a LOT of pics and tricks. It will share many "secrets" of the pros, and debunk some myths. It will explain in detail about the theory of loading the pump with good water. In the intake pressure thread of a few weeks ago, I quit trying to explain it because of a few naysayers that believe in keeping the status quo. I will have many pics and data. It will also detail why what works on a dragboat may have no relation to a lake boat. We gonna get posts on this one! Probably will run as long as the Olds article too. All in all a lot of good usable info for those with an open mind.
The winner of the 496/killer pump combo is GUGS102! Expect delivery in the next few days! TIMINATOR

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback, all of you! The pump article will have a LOT of pics and tricks. It will share many "secrets" of the pros, and debunk some myths. It will explain in detail about the theory of loading the pump with good water. In the intake pressure thread of a few weeks ago, I quit trying to explain it because of a few naysayers that believe in keeping the status quo. I will have many pics and data. It will also detail why what works on a dragboat may have no relation to a lake boat. We gonna get posts on this one! Probably will run as long as the Olds article too. All in all a lot of good usable info for those with an open mind.
The winner of the 496/killer pump combo is GUGS102! Expect delivery in the next few days! TIMINATOR
THis is what we have been waiting for. Glad that someone has finally stepped up to the plate and allowed the do-it-yourselfers to a path of info;) Big thumbs up bro!!!!!!!

460 jus getn it
05-16-2006, 08:40 AM
guess it takes a while for you guys to come around.....wonder if he'll start getting mentioned in the "certain circles". If you can make packing start on fire you of all people better wait on the bowl work fireman 396. :D.
rondane
Man, why is it that you come in here and talk mad shit. Still to this day we havent seen your boat. If you have so much know how, back up the shit you talk with proof. Do you just sit there and wait for somone to post something about ***boat mag, come on out from behind your pink little keyboard and man up.

Aluminum Squirt
05-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Timinator, excellent Olds article. I'm not even an Olds guy but it is nice to know about. On your pump article can you maybe include some white water stuff. I know its a very small audience but there are some crazy pumps out there on white water boats. A picture or two of the steel nozzle's we run would be cool, as well as some discussion on the intake pressures we can obtain with only a spoon. I totally understand if it doesn't make your article, there are only a few of us on the boards, but all the fiberglass guys seem to like our hardware and be interrested in the aluminum boats. I'm pretty far from being a knowledgable aluminum boat guy but if you need any resources, I can guide you in the right direction-Aluminum Squirt

SmokinLowriderSS
05-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Of course Ronco never has trouble 396, the only person he allows to wrench on his ride is Don, who is of course the most perfect pump man the world has ever known (I think I got that right). He won't even allow himself to touch a tool (except a man-tool). Don was good enough to show Ron how to work the key switch tho (and the gas cap). That way Don could quit going to the lake/river with him and actually get work done.
If Ron lived close enough, the only motor guru he'd allow to wrench would be Tim of course, there are nothing but lessers and hacks compared to Timm. Don just has to sub for now I guess. Lucky you Timm. :p
I've been wondering when Ronco would re-appear. :220v: I expected him to be poster #2 on this thread (if not lead). Musta been hanging out at DPS more lately. it is spring anyhow.

txboatnut
05-16-2006, 02:13 PM
any chance of getting the article?

cave
05-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Tim if this keeps up I may have to re-subscribe.

Wild Bill
05-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Just an FYI for Olds guys that may not know. RobbMc Performance Products makes 110gph and 220gph mechanical fuel pumps as well as mini starters and other products for Olds and other "less popular" engines. Good guys to deal with, great customer service. I have no connection other than being a customer.
http://www.robbmcperformance.com/

Taylorman
05-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Thats the pump i have on mine. Works great. Its the only hi volume pump available for the olds.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Just an FYI for Olds guys that may not know. RobbMc Performance Products makes 110gph and 220gph mechanical fuel pumps as well as mini starters and other products for Olds and other "less popular" engines. Good guys to deal with, great customer service. I have no connection other than being a customer.
http://www.robbmcperformance.com/
Oh just wait Wild Bill. A couple more props like that for someone and you'll be listed as either an employee, a cheerleader, or just a suckazz. :crossx: It's not usually personal, it's just the crowd. :argue:
Welcome WB, and thx for the info. :)

Taylorman
05-30-2006, 10:01 AM
So there i was last night with my Hot Boat magazine as my guide. I drilled and tapped the back of my heads for external drain lines last night. The article had the measurements to exactly where to drill the hole and it was dead on.

Nicked prop
05-30-2006, 04:01 PM
I was hoping for more detailed info -- rod and main clearances for the crank, valve guide clearances, etc. Maybe next time.

Taylorman
05-31-2006, 07:00 AM
Tim. The article said you ream the oil return holes 3/32. Does this mean you drill them out 3/32 larger to 15/32? I was looking at that last night and i wanted to make sure before i did it, 15/32 seems pretty big. Did not want to drill into water or oil passages.