PDA

View Full Version : Whipple Quad Rotor EFI Kit For Sale

TPI
11-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Guys,
Also posted in "Blower Motors"
I talked about selling this set up in the early Summer but I never got around to it. Still in great condition and on the motor. Here is what is for sale:
2 Polished Whipple 2300AX blowers, complete with throttle bodies, linkage, 8 injectors, adapter plate, standard cupronickel intercooler, NEW NEVER USED INTAKE MANIFOLD(tall or short deck, your choice), 6 top pullies, 1 bottom pulley with three v belt positions, complete idler assembly and belt. Some of you guys know how I keep my stuff, Its very nice. This is a bargain..................Merry Christmas...........$8900. This kit works perfect, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. I am going to offer it up to the guys on the forums for a couple days before I go through the headache of putting it on offshore only. These make over 1000 hp so easily its ridiculous, and they are fun to mess around with. Feel free to call me or send an e-mail:
TPI (805)480-2693 Gary@TPBOATS.com
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383W2Z4373m.JPG

SDLifesaver
11-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Gary, will that fit on a 496HO??? Why are you taking your boat apart? Just put that motor in your new Sportdeck and you will have the ultimate family fish and ski ride. :) :) :) Nick

TPI
11-25-2005, 06:59 PM
I cant possibly make any changes to the boat............its perfect. But I want to monkey around with the motor a bit. I might even drop a TPI ??? EFI in the boat and try a few different cams for research purposes. Under a flat "sleeper" hatch of course. :) This is a great buy for all of these polished parts, someone will buy it and have to change their shorts the first time they gas it up. :rollside:
Also: I have a 496 HO Whipple kit that will fit? Got it right here. Just ask Rob with the 25 Bullet/496 HO Whipple how he likes his. All of these Whipple kits work great, you just have to take your time and do a nice thorough install.

11-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Couldn't be happier with a Whippled 496 HO. 50+ hours and no problems, turn-key and idles smooth. Also, Gary was always prompt to anwer all of my anal-retentive questions! (Thanks again Gary!)
------Rob

born2burn
11-25-2005, 09:11 PM
GT- Sent you an email too the porvided link as I saw your post on the other thread.

SDLifesaver
11-26-2005, 06:19 AM
With a whipple will I need external steering or can I get away with the stock steering? How much for the kit and install?

TPI
11-26-2005, 06:49 AM
Todd,
I replied to your e-mail, Thanks, the Quad truly is a great kit and its very smooth.
Nick,
You would need external steering, YOUR SPORTDECK WOULD HAUL A$$. Probably in the upper 80's I would imagine, with a ton of bottom end and mid range. The 496 kit I have is used with about 22 hrs on it. It looks and works perfectly. NO PROBLEMS. I have not come up with a price yet, besides, you would have to get the fireman deal= ADD 17% to retail! :) LMAO
Seriously, You and your wife should probably enjoy your stock boat for a season or two, and then give me a call.

SDLifesaver
11-26-2005, 10:38 AM
I am sure that is what we'll do anyway but I am sure in a year or so I am going to want more speed and if those kits are proven and not damaging to the motor I am sure we will head that direction. I can't wait to see a Sportdeck with stock power to see the real numbers.

dicudmore
11-26-2005, 10:52 AM
hey Gary what about a Whipple for my 525??
I've heard they are kinda hard to come by?

TPI
11-26-2005, 11:25 AM
I had two perfect used blue 525 kits for about a week each and they sold right away. I am probably going to get my hands on another one soon. I always post my "for sale" items on my web site, check the site often, parts seem to go almost as fast I get them. Every used Whipple kit I get my hands on, doesnt seem to last more than a week once it's listed for sale. Scoring a used one is a pretty good hit, just pay a few bucks and have it checked out by someone before you install it, and confirm that EVERYTHING is there before you start. I have all of the "checking" completed before I sell them.

dicudmore
11-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I had two perfect used blue 525 kits for about a week each and they sold right away. I am probably going to get my hands on another one soon. I always post my "for sale" items on my web site, check the site often, parts seem to go almost as fast I get them. Every used Whipple kit I get my hands on, doesnt seem to last more than a week once it's listed for sale. Scoring a used one is a pretty good hit, just pay a few bucks and have it checked out by someone before you install it, and confirm that EVERYTHING is there before you start. I have all of the "checking" completed before I sell them.
grab some of our attentions if you come across another one :cool:
I think you will be the hired installer (if you're open to it) since we're almost neighbors :wink:

TPI
11-26-2005, 04:27 PM
No problem,
The Quad is on OSO now, we will see how it goes.
Thanks

INSman
11-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey Gary, how often if ever do you have to rebuild those things ??

INSman
11-26-2005, 09:15 PM
grab some of our attentions if you come across another one :cool:
I think you will be the hired installer (if you're open to it) since we're almost neighbors :wink:
Dan
There is a 525 Whipple over on OSO, have WEST buy it for you and load it onto your deal and have Gary go through it and install it for you !!! :cool:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-7546.html

TPI
11-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey Gary, how often if ever do you have to rebuild those things ??
Being a screw blower, they can last a long time(rotors dont touch). The only thing that seems to ever go bad are the seals. These blowers can last hundereds of hours, if you change the oil every 50 hrs or less. I change mine every 20 because I have OCD! :)

nodigg
11-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Sent ya' a pm.

TPI
11-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Sent ya' a pm.
Got it, Thanks.

born2burn
11-27-2005, 04:46 PM
GT-
Please send me a price breakdown of the other parts needed.
Thanks
Todd tmelton@charter.net

TPI
11-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Todd,
I will work on that. I will send it from gary@TPBOATS.com

born2burn
11-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Todd,
I will work on that. I will send it from gary@TPBOATS.com
Thanks Gary. I will watch for it.

TPI
11-27-2005, 05:44 PM
It's already there. Let me know if you have any questions.

born2burn
11-27-2005, 06:07 PM
It's already there. Let me know if you have any questions.
Gary- If this was directed towards me.......I do have one email from you, however, it does not list any prices for the "other" prices needed.
Thanks.

TPI
11-27-2005, 06:20 PM
I sent it to tmelton@charter.net
I will try to PM you the same e-mail and parts list.
Thanks
Gary

bigkatboat
11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Gary, 'Happy Merry' and great new year! Love to you all, Bullet, Rocky, Kathleen, and bigkat

TPI
11-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks BK,
Its been a long time. We owe you a meal at Shugrues or Barley Brothers. Hopefully another year wont go by without getting together. Happy Holidays.

beyondhelpin
12-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Wish I had a boat that was worthy of that setup!

TPI
12-05-2005, 05:51 AM
It would make a great Christmas centerpiece? No boat necessary. Actually it's kind of funny, there was a lot of response about it initially, and a few guys sounded like they were practically going to the bank on it, but the hype has died down a bit. Still have it for sale. My motto is..............if it's not selling: it must be too cheap, causing people to ask why...........Raise the price. :)
Revised Price: $8900

born2burn
12-05-2005, 08:10 AM
It would make a great Christmas centerpiece? No boat necessary. Actually it's kind of funny, there was a lot of response about it initially, and a few guys sounded like they were practically going to the bank on it, but the hype has died down a bit. Still have it for sale. My motto is..............if it's not selling: it must be too cheap, causing people to ask why...........Raise the price. :)
Revised Price: $8900
Gary- I was interested in it until I found out its the 2.3 instead of the 3.3.

nodigg
12-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Kinda lost interest after hearing back from Dustin Whipple. My 2.3's cannot be rebuilt and the one under warranty...I am probably sh*t out of luck on. So part of the funding has gone out of my plans...Still interested but now there is the dinero thing in the way. Definately a good buy!

gmocnik
12-05-2005, 09:07 AM
gt...gary
so now you are ready to sell!!! i was almost begging you last year...thankfully last year when i had my issues, whipple came thru with some replacement compressors. they cost about as much as you are asking for the whole system!!!
for anyone even remotely considering supercharging to the 1000 hp range, this system is awesome and the efi makes it a turn key...the 2.3 litre compressors flow more than enough to make some serious horsepower..in fact (this is my opinion and based on conversation with people who know a lot more than me), the 3.3 compressors should only be used on big cubic inch motors (bigger than 540) that really require the extra airflow. if used on smaller motors, the quad 3.3 can run pretty rich at low rpm and "pool" some fuel in the manifold if the motor isn't "pulling" enough into the cylinders. all i know is that on my 540, the 2.3 work really well...what do i know???
quad rotor efi "under the hood"....great sleeper setup..they never see it coming...
can't believe that this isn't gone yet...
gary m

born2burn
12-05-2005, 09:45 AM
gt...gary
so now you are ready to sell!!! i was almost begging you last year...thankfully last year when i had my issues, whipple came thru with some replacement compressors. they cost about as much as you are asking for the whole system!!!
for anyone even remotely considering supercharging to the 1000 hp range, this system is awesome and the efi makes it a turn key...the 2.3 litre compressors flow more than enough to make some serious horsepower..in fact (this is my opinion and based on conversation with people who know a lot more than me), the 3.3 compressors should only be used on big cubic inch motors (bigger than 540) that really require the extra airflow. if used on smaller motors, the quad 3.3 can run pretty rich at low rpm and "pool" some fuel in the manifold if the motor isn't "pulling" enough into the cylinders. all i know is that on my 540, the 2.3 work really well...what do i know???
quad rotor efi "under the hood"....great sleeper setup..they never see it coming...
can't believe that this isn't gone yet...
gary m
Thats why I was bummed when I found out that it was the 2.3 system..........I have a 600 cid.

TPI
12-05-2005, 11:23 AM
It will work fine on a 600 inch motor. Unless 1200 HP is not enough for you :rollside: Its a good buy, someone will buy it. Thanks guys

ChumpChange
12-06-2005, 05:26 PM
I currently have a Marine Power 502 Carbureted engine. Will this work? If so, I would like it.

TPI
12-06-2005, 06:49 PM
I currently have a Marine Power 502 Carbureted engine. Will this work? If so, I would like it.
It would work on a 502, but you would really have to spend some money to do it(Heads, cam, lifters, valve train, and possibly more). These really work well on anything over 540 ci.