PDA

View Full Version : Experience with audiovox audio.

dmontzsta
11-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Thinking of buying a replacement disc changer for my Expedition. I need .mp3, there is an audiovox unit that plugs into the OE stereo. I dont want to change stereos since they all look aftermarket and I dont want to deal with the faceplate. Just wondering if audiovox is good or bad.
Thanks.

BigBlockBaja
11-25-2005, 11:02 PM
cheap shit.....

Red Horse
11-26-2005, 06:03 AM
I had one while back. Sounded good, when it worked. I would use Audiovox on an open boat where replacing the head unit every year wont kill you price wise.

76ANTHONY
11-26-2005, 07:04 AM
i dated the warehouse managers secretary in 1990, does that mean i know anything about it? :D i also worked there as a temp, they're stereo stuff sucks, i worked in the claims dept and i was very busy.look into a good stereo shop, they can make it look stock if they are good..

dmontzsta
11-26-2005, 08:28 AM
ok, I just talked to the guy and he said it is not made by audiovox, it is made by PERIPHERAL? anyone heard of this? lol

a catered life
11-26-2005, 08:29 AM
cheap shit.....
DITTO :yuk:

a catered life
11-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I've heard of it.
yea i heard of it too i heard it was crap :yuk:

OhmLoad
11-26-2005, 10:02 PM
The changer you are talking about does not work very good, I have installed several with nothing but problems. I would use a brand name changer and and interface to ford. You can get the interface from www.soundgate.com and then purchase a sony or kenwood changer that plays mp3's. They have adaptors for sony alpine and kenwood, but the alpine changer that hooks to that adaptor does not play mp3s. Ihave used quite a few sony 10 disc cdx757's with the ford radios with no problems, this also allows you to avoid buying an off brand changer. OHM

beyondhelpin
11-27-2005, 09:53 PM
i dated the warehouse managers secretary in 1990, does that mean i know anything about it? :D i also worked there as a temp, they're stereo stuff sucks, i worked in the claims dept and i was very busy.look into a good stereo shop, they can make it look stock if they are good..
They make the adapters which allow you to hook up aftermarket stereo and still keep Onstar in a 2003 or later Chevy trucks

Kachina26
11-28-2005, 05:55 AM
PM Roz and get something nice, you will be much happier.

Flashover
11-28-2005, 06:37 AM
The changer you are talking about does not work very good, I have installed several with nothing but problems. I would use a brand name changer and and interface to ford. You can get the interface from www.soundgate.com and then purchase a sony or kenwood changer that plays mp3's. They have adaptors for sony alpine and kenwood, but the alpine changer that hooks to that adaptor does not play mp3s. Ihave used quite a few sony 10 disc cdx757's with the ford radios with no problems, this also allows you to avoid buying an off brand changer. OHM
this is the correct answer right here... :crossx: :crossx:

Huckleberry
11-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Adudiovox is junk! I have made the mistake of buying 3-4 Audiovox products over my lifetime. Each time I vow to NEVER buy another one of their products. They only last a short while and die. Their tech support and customer service is also crapola. Spend your hard-earned $$$ on something else.