PDA

View Full Version : Bragging Rites: Tell the tale of something nice you did at Christmas.

Flying Tiger
11-26-2005, 07:33 AM
I was at Chuys and a pretty girl came up to me and asked if I was the guy that gave her a doll at Christmas some years ago when she was little.
I had forgot the whole episode:
Some decades ago, Cabbage patch dolls were all the rage.
Every little girl wanted one. The twins, and dolls sucking on binkies were the most treasured, and even super rare.
Forget getting one,, it wasn't going to happen.
They were a whopping $48 bux which was really murderously expensive at the time let alone hard to find. Nothing compaired to todays standards, but still a lot of bones for a toy (Video games at the time were $5 BTW).
I was waiting for the Thousand Oaks K Mart to open to buy a new Delco Battery. Along with me was my step daughter from an earlier marriage.
When the doors of the K mart opened, there was this huge display of cabbage patch dolls,, limit 5 per customer, and just me and Jennifer.
I had the 6 year old step daughter buy 5 and I bought 5.
I let the step daughter pick the doll she wanted to keep for herself,, and iI gave the rest away while delivering food to local needy families for the ELKs lodge.
If the needy family had a young girl living in the house, I went out to my truck,, and came back with the doll for her.
It was easily the most BFD I ever did in my life, and selfishly, I did it for myself.
My kids have everything, but these poor children getting a long shot possibility toy,,, I'll never top that feeling I got from the little girls shocked reaction.
The girl that approached me at Chuy's? She told me she has taken super care of her doll when she played with it, and it still is in it's box with birth certificate.
OK you hard ons,, We've all done something nice at Christmas,, let's hear it,,, what cool thing did you do?:

hoolign
11-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Every year we get a production bonus close to Christmas. I hand it to either the food bank or Salvation army. Some of the bonus's are anywhere from 2- 5k. I dont work extra for it, and a few grand isnt gonna change my life, so one time a year it makes me feel good knowing some families X mas will be a a bit better. Done this for about 5 years.

76ANTHONY
11-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Every year we get a production bonus close to Christmas. I hand it to either the food bank or Salvation army. Some of the bonus's are anywhere from 2- 5k. I dont work extra for it, and a few grand isnt gonna change my life, so one time a year it makes me feel good knowing some families X mas will be a a bit better. Done this for about 5 years.
dam this changes who i thought you where :D good man....
huh, i just pick someone out of a crowd and get them a gift, never anything like you two..

hoolign
11-26-2005, 08:26 AM
dam this changes who i thought you where :D good man....
huh, i just pick someone out of a crowd and get them a gift, never anything like you two..
This year ..after I drop the check off, I will tell the next 5 people I see to fukk off..
Better?? :D

76ANTHONY
11-26-2005, 08:29 AM
This year ..after I drop the check off, I will tell the next 5 people I see to fukk off..
Better?? :D
WHEEEEEW, thought you where going soft, i almost let the word out....much better :D

little rowe boat
11-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Every year my wife and I buy gifts for Rosy's kids and Creata house. Rosy's kids are children that have lost a parent or parents and families have no way of purchasing or are able to afford Christmas gifts. Creata house are battered women and their children that have seeked asylum at creata house from their abusive spouses.

RP1
11-26-2005, 09:32 AM
I have helped out at the homeless shelters and collected toys for the "toys for tots" the past twenty years, which is always very rewarding.

hoolign
11-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Kudo's to all of ya!