PDA

View Full Version : some good reading!

pleasantcat
11-26-2005, 08:58 AM
wow this is getting good.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1536430&posted=1#post1536430

Jbb
11-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Something sounds wrong with that whole deal.....
I have met Randy from LCM ....And his place and staff appear to be top notch....
What person in their right mind goes to buy a Hi Perf. Boat and looks at it at night...and refuses to take it on a sea trial?
Buying used truly is buyer beware.....If you dont know what to look for ...hire someone who does
LCM agreed to fix the boat ......customer refused and wants money.....
I can say this,I have been to court a few times(as a witness)...over deals such as this,involving paint and custom cars.....In each case I have witnessed,as soon as the judge found out the previous owner said," I will fix it"...plaintiffs case was over...
I hope they get it resolved....LCM did not get as big as they are by ripping people off..

pleasantcat
11-26-2005, 02:11 PM
customer even asked to just have parts paid for and he'ld cover labor? that sounds like he's taking it in the shorts dont you think. would you trust them to do a top notch job?

Jbb
11-26-2005, 02:35 PM
They have built some very expensive boats...Problem with a customer like that is....sometimes ...you spring for parts.....which in the laws eyes ...is usually an adnmission of fault for a problem...and then the customer asks for something new ...every week...
Like I said ...I would love to hear all sides to a story ...before saying who took it in the shorts..

ECeptor
11-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Nasty "he said, she said" situation...no winners on this one. I'm sure the 1900 miles one way has a lot to do with this not being resolved. Not simple or cheap to tow a 31'er that far in hope the dealer will do you right. With that said, who in the hell buys a boat like that with some checking on it?
So...what checks should a guy make before they buy a boat? Here's what I did:
1) test run at the lake ~30mins
2) pulled dipstick while engine was hot to look at oil
3) checked outdrive oil (quick glance)
what I'll do next time
4) compression check
5) pump oil out of bottom of oil pan after the run (looking at oil quality)
what else?