PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Powerball

goneboatin
11-27-2005, 10:53 AM
I was looking at getting one of these Mothers Powerball things at Target. Have any of you guys used one of these. If you use it on aluminum, is it cleanable so it doesn't leave black marks if you use it on something non aluminum? Last of all, does it last, or should I say, does it stay together and not unravel or fall apart leaving a metal shaft exposed to damage surfaces?

rvrpig
11-27-2005, 12:25 PM
works great....better than rubbin all day...just make sure you have a fully charged cordless drill ready. use mine on all four or my wheels and does the job in half the time.....
get 3-4 containers of mothers polish and put it into a disposable ziplock dish
then you can apply the polish with the drill and the ball....it simple and works great.

BigDogIvan
11-27-2005, 02:51 PM
I have been looking at Mothers ball and Flitz trying to decide what works the best or do they work the same for the money. I have a few small areas that need to be polished or just cleaned up including wheels and lenses on the front of my Astro van. Anyone used the Flitz ball compaired to the Mothers?

Havasu Hangin'
11-27-2005, 03:31 PM
...on the front of my Astro van.
The "Big Dog" has a minivan? :supp:

Cs19
11-27-2005, 03:36 PM
I have one and dont like it, it sits on the shelf. Ive found that you just have to do it by hand if you want it to look good.

GNKid
11-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Looked great on TV, but doesn't work worth a damn. :cry:

Kindsvater Flat
11-27-2005, 06:32 PM
It sucks.

goneboatin
11-27-2005, 07:49 PM
It sucks.
Is the Flitzball any better?

Daytona100
11-27-2005, 09:38 PM
The Flitz powerball works bitchen, always had a hard time getting the shine on the deck by hand. Put some wax down and polished it by the powerball and it looks better than it ever did. The best product iv found so far for a like new finish. :)

SummitKarl
11-27-2005, 10:28 PM
so far so good with mine, for touch up use.
for a real polish, I use a 6" disk (sheepskin covered) I buy at ACE for $3ea
and they beat the powerball hands down

BigDogIvan
11-28-2005, 09:27 AM
The "Big Dog" has a minivan? :supp:
Astro is NOT a "MiniVan". Mini Vans are front wheel drive. Astro's and Sufaries are rear wheel drive or with an option of all wheel. :p :D
Ever seen a a v8 in a Venture van? :idea:

riverbound
11-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Astro is NOT a "MiniVan". Mini Vans are front wheel drive. Astro's and Sufaries are rear wheel drive or with an option of all wheel. :p :D
Ever seen a a v8 in a Venture van? :idea:
Actually it is a "MiniVan". It is not a full size. The term is defined by the size of the van not what wheels are being driven. Dont be ashamed of your gorcery getter.

BigDogIvan
11-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Actually it is a "MiniVan". It is not a full size. The term is defined by the size of the van not what wheels are being driven. Dont be ashamed of your gorcery getter.
Technically it's a "Mid Van". Venture is a mini. Towing is max 5500lbs w/the optional 3.73 gears(that I have). The Venture (or any other make with front wheel drive) tow load max of 2000lbs. :D

Havasu Hangin'
11-29-2005, 04:51 AM
Technically it's a "Mid Van". Venture is a mini. Towing is max 5500lbs w/the optional 3.73 gears(that I have). The Venture (or any other make with front wheel drive) tow load max of 2000lbs. :D
For a guy named "Big Dog", you know waaaay too much about minivans... :supp: