PDA

View Full Version : Damn I Still Need Advice

Gunny
11-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Folks I am a new poster to this site, matter of fact this will be my second post. You guys are a damn bad influence on me. I have spent a few days reading different threads and the one about your guys run yesterday in the Delta inspired me to some degree. While I am an old guy born before most of you whipper snappers where even thought about, I still enjoy a good time from time to time, well all of the time. This run sounded like so much fun that yesterday i loaded the wife and the puppy in the truck and drove down to LA to buy a Jet boat that I had spent a week talkking with the owner about. What got me hot for this Jet was all of you guys planning that damn fun run you had. Joanne and I are up and on the road at 0300 Sat. about the time you sleepy heads where thinking about getting up. We arrive at the boat and man o man was I disappointed. Boat was a piece of $h-=t, nothing like this damn fool had explanned to me. it wouldn't run upholstery was in ruins, and there was no tiltle for the trailer. Eight hours we had been on the road, man I felt like a damn fool. So we are on our way back heading back down the grapevine stop at Gorman to refuel the Ram with Diesel. Jo goes in for some cokes and jerky and comes out with cokes, jerky and a LA boat trader. Guys I gotta tell you that boat trader had about a zillion Jets in it for sale, some cool ones, some junk, some overpriced for this old Broke Down Retired Marine, and a few that just fit the bill. We ended up spending all day yesterday and most of two nights driving and ended up heading home with a new for me 19 Foot Hawaiian, 454 Big Block Jet boat, I'm as happy as a Pig in Mud.
Someday folks I won't have to bore you to death with a story like that one and will be able to give advice instead of asking for it all of the time, but today i need some of that advice. This Boat came with a pretty bad shape cover. I would like to buy or have made a cover that actually fits the big boy. I live in Sunnyvale but I am on the Delta almost everyday, the pleasures of being retired and having a loving wife that wants me outta of the way. So I am for sure open to any location in the Bay Area. Any help folks??
Thanks Gunny

Flying Tiger
11-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Semper Fi and lites out at 10.
Plenty of readers in central Calif buzz this site,, I'm sure someone has a tip or two that can help you out.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812usmcclr1.gif

78Anthonyjet
11-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Gunny, overtons online, west marine, BoatMaster II in dublin, you should be able to find a cover to fit your needs. Those are the only places I can think of right now.
Keep an eye open for are next run, always room for another boat.
Norm

Ntwotrance
11-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Semper fi and welcome

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the boards. We're glad to have another squirter here. Hope you enjoy your boat. Post pics when you get around to it.
Angie

Gunny
11-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Here's a couple of pic's of the New Old boat. I was afraid to remove that damn cover as it "IS" going to fall apart. My Jet Boat guard dog was sure pissed having to spend the Whole Night on Duty. But alais the life of a Marines dawg.
Gunny

78Anthonyjet
11-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Dam Gunny, no one will mess with you rig now, you got one ferocious looking gaurd dog there. I thought you Jug Heads were Bull dog people.
Look foward to seeing you on the water.
Norm
P.S. GO ARMY-----BEAT NAVY :crossx:

Gunny
11-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Norm,
Gotta tell you dude i don't much care if Army beats Navy :skull: , Damn canoe club and all of them there Harbour Ducks deserve a little humility . And by the way i am fully aware that the United States Marine Corps is a department of the Navy----------------- It's The Mens Departmet --------------
Gunny

78Anthonyjet
11-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Thats funny Gunny. like I said, hope to see you on the water & shoot the poop over a tall, frosty beverage.

deltarat
11-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Gunny
Welcome aboard, I look forward to meeting you on on of our lunch runs soon.

C-2
11-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Enjoyed your well-written story. Welcome to the boards and congrats on the new boat. :)

DAVEO
11-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Welcome Gunny, Your down my way Im in redwood City. You can go local to olimpic boats or cope and mcpheters. If you would like to have a custom cover done Call Boatmasters II in dublin anyone there can help you out.

a catered life
11-28-2005, 02:58 AM
welcome gunny and congrats on the new floating device :) now if you use that word "whipper snapper" again you will be banded for life :p

DCBob
11-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Norm,
Gotta tell you dude i don't much care if Army beats Navy :skull: , Damn canoe club and all of them there Harbour Ducks deserve a little humility . And by the way i am fully aware that the United States Marine Corps is a department of the Navy----------------- It's The Mens Departmet --------------
Gunny
Hey, welcome to the boards Gunny :D Us Navy guys got nothing against you jarheads...............except you used to wake us up in the morning w/all that PT & chit outside the barracks while we were trying to sleep :cry: Look forward to meeting you on the next Delta Run :D

Robbie Racer
11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey Gunny, welcome to the boards. I live down the road from you in Gilroy and had a local boat cover maker in San Jose make my covers for my jet boats when I owned them. I can't remember the name of the company but you might want to call Glen over at Pleasure Boat Specialities since it was him that referred me to them. Glen's number is 408-432-0217. Good luck and hope to meet you on the water one of these days.
Keith

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
11-28-2005, 10:29 AM
DCBOB YOU BROUGHT UP SUBJECT. SOOOOOOOO WHEN IS NEXT DELTA RUN? I NEED TIME FRAME TO GET MOTORS FRESHEND UP.WELCOME ABOARD GUNNY. :crossx: COME ON BY THE REDNECK FOR COCKTAILS ANYTIME YOU SEE US ON DELTA. I HAVE BLACK FORMULA WITH SKULL & CROSSBONES

Lofty
11-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Gunny, I just had a pair of covers made for my Fountain. The guy is mobile and does a great job and is VERY reasonable. I have his 411 at home so I'll post it up for ya' later.

Moe_Havi
11-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Hey Gunny;
Welcome to the boards. On the cover issue...usually the cover is fine. From the pic, yours looks pretty good. Take it and have the seams resewn. Shouldn't run more than a c-note.
Moe

fleetimus
11-28-2005, 05:22 PM
There is another board or two you can check out.
Between these boards you will keep very busy on the water!!
http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/[/HTML] (http://)
http://p210.ezboard.com/bclassic***boats (http://)

Squirtin Thunder
11-28-2005, 05:38 PM
I will say the old folks club, Banderloger, up in northern CA is a very nice group. They also have tons of outing. New Years at CFW is always fun. Fleet is a great guy also.
If you need any help with anything just ask.
Jim