PDA

View Full Version : My windshield cracked over the winter.....

TIGGER
05-14-2006, 10:25 PM
I started working on my 73 Marlin this weekend and noticed today that my windshield is now cracked :mad: The boat has been covered all winter. The only thing that has been on it, that I know of, have been the damn cats. The neighbor kids could have climbed on it but I am not sure. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement windshield? Am I going to have to make one?

Old Guy
05-15-2006, 03:36 AM
It would be a lot cheaper to use a solvent to fuse the crack back together. I don't think you need perfect optical properties here.
old

old rigger
05-15-2006, 05:02 AM
L&L marine. I just spoke to them about one about 3 weeks ago for a thaiti tarino, same boat basically. 585 bucks with out the frame work, just the plexi. That was the windshield for the 16 foot version, the 18' is more, it's wider.
I have no idea what it would cost to ship that thing.
L&L... 1 800 969 7278.

hack job
05-15-2006, 05:26 AM
check out these guys they ahve been around a while and know most of the boats.
http://finneys.com/marine.htm

old rigger
05-15-2006, 06:19 AM
check out these guys they ahve been around a while and know most of the boats.
http://finneys.com/marine.htm
I talked to them too. They've always been one of the guys I've bought from in the past, they're one of the best. Them and Wayne/Earl, but they buy the windshields for this boat from another supplier (guess who) and they charge another 100 bucks more.

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
05-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Do a hot boat forum search using windshield. The guys told me about Midday Plastic Products, Inc. Midday has the best pricing I've found so-far.(for my 72 sidewinder). 425-883-4600. I talked to linda, tell her Bill from Sea Ray of Boston mentioned her company to you. If you get any lower prices than here, let me know PLEASE...Bill.

hack job
05-15-2006, 09:05 AM
I talked to them too. They've always been one of the guys I've bought from in the past, they're one of the best. Them and Wayne/Earl, but they buy the windshields for this boat from another supplier (guess who) and they charge another 100 bucks more.
i see so i guess that they dont bother with making that paticular one. intresting. :idea:

maxwedge
05-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Do a hot boat forum search using windshield. The guys told me about Midday Plastic Products, Inc. Midday has the best pricing I've found so-far.(for my 72 sidewinder). 425-883-4600. I talked to linda, tell her Bill from Sea Ray of Boston mentioned her company to you. If you get any lower prices than here, let me know PLEASE...Bill.
I bumped the thread for ya...
I'm probably going to order mine in the next few days, Maybe they will give us a volume discount. :p

waxer
05-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I have 2 friends that have used L&L & both were happy. I used Wayne Earl because L&L did not have yellow plexiglass in stock. Wayne Earl did an outstanding job though...

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
05-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Volume Discounts Are Always Good!...bill.