PDA

View Full Version : Sandbagging Rule ... NJBA Members

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Well ... for all of the NJBA members out there who have PM'd, e-mailed or called me about the Sandbagging rule on the ballot ... I will tell you what my answer has been here in public ...
I will not tell you which way to vote ... only request that you vote in what you believe would be the way you would like to have it.
To allow Sandbagging or not. You have to choose.
My choice is no secret ... I choose to vote to allow sandbagging.
Just vote ... one way or the other!

FuelInMyVeins82
11-28-2005, 03:32 PM
If sand bagging is allowed can nitrus be run in the brackets or is that a seperate issue?

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 03:37 PM
If the members vote to allow sandbagging, then yes ... nitrous will be allowed into the brackets ... any rule that had been created to regulate sandbagging will no longer be needed.

mj680
11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
If the members vote to allow sandbagging, then yes ... nitrous will be allowed into the brackets ... any rule that had been created to regulate sandbagging will no longer be needed.
JIM BROCK READ THIS !!! YOU CAN RUN THE 8.00 BRACKET NOW. :)

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 04:02 PM
JIM BROCK READ THIS !!! YOU CAN RUN THE 8.00 BRACKET NOW. :)
Now why do you have to go and ruffle his feathers?
Pot Stirrer! :D

Willis
11-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone,
:argue:
Without the sandbagging, you as a racer will be challenged,
By that I mean we should get more people to run.
If the rule change doesnot bring more boats, that will let us know where we are.
Your comments are welcome
Willis

jamessampica
11-28-2005, 04:28 PM
mj680 check your pm's
JIM S

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Without the sandbagging, you as a racer will be challenged,
By that I mean we should get more people to run.
If the rule change doesnot bring more boats, that will let us know where we are.
With the rule gone ... I don't think it will change a thing ... we still have 1/2 second brackets, and to sandbag in a 1/2 second bracket is hard ... we will only allow the other org racers to participate. Their boats are already set up with timers, delay boxes, etc ... to run the 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 or 10.0 brackets ... as it stands, one could protest them and have them disqualified. Why not make them legal and invite them?

Fiat48
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I always thought one of the neatest rules they had was the sand bag rule. Always thought it made for better racers and tuners. Oh well, just my opinion. The masses shall deside.
Delay boxes and electronics? Sad day indeed.

Squirtin Thunder
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
With the rule gone ... I don't think it will change a thing ... we still have 1/2 second brackets, and to sandbag in a 1/2 second bracket is hard ... we will only allow the other org racers to participate. Their boats are already set up with timers, delay boxes, etc ... to run the 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 or 10.0 brackets ... as it stands, one could protest them and have them disqualified. Why not make them legal and invite them?
What is the max amount of Sandbags per boat ???
Home Depot has a real good price on them or you can pick them up at the Fire Dept. for free !!!

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 04:57 PM
What is the max amount of Sandbags per boat ???
Home Depot has a real good price on them or you can pick them up at the Fire Dept.
:D :D :D
I think if the rule goes through ... as many as you want!

mj680
11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
mj680 check your pm's
JIM S
Jim, I will call you. Ron :)

djdtpr
11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Brian when will we recieve our balot in the mail?
What will the difference be with the sand bagging rule or not you still have to run your # no matter what.So why not let everyone play and possibly make a little money for once huh.

Squirtin Thunder
11-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Is there a certain grain of sand need for the sandbaggin rule ???
Are all the sand bags going to be weighed at tech ???
And does the high points champ have to run one extra all season ???

jamessampica
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
mj680 i'll be waiting.
Thank you

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-28-2005, 07:39 PM
How about teabaggin :) :D :D :D

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 07:49 PM
certian people don't want that brought up again :D

mirrorimage
11-28-2005, 11:03 PM
bubsy , have the votes been talleyed yet ? ... i was also woundering if there was a speed .limit in RR or time ?.... randumb thoughts of a complete wennie ...

BUSBY
11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Jim Guthrie & Roger Roadstrom are in charge of tallying the votes ... they will present the results at the Janurary Board meeting ... this will give all members over a month to return their ballots.
For those of you who are PM'ing me a request for a ballot, they have been sent out, if you are a current 2005 member ... you should be receiving it. If you haven't by Friday (12/02/05) ... please PM me your current address and I will forward it over to Jim Guthrie to make sure it is sent out with the proper address.
Brian

BUSBY
11-29-2005, 10:53 AM
bubsy , have the votes been talleyed yet ? ... i was also woundering if there was a speed .limit in RR or time ?.... randumb thoughts of a complete wennie ...
the speed has not been addressed in River Racer for this past season, however, the regular rules about speed do apply.
We are revisiting the River Racer class and will be making some changes for the 2006 season, keep an eye on our web site ( www.njbaracing.net ) for changes. We are trying to keep it "new racer friendly" ... for the river/lake guys to be introduced to Drag Boat Racing.

bp
12-01-2005, 06:28 AM
I always thought one of the neatest rules they had was the sand bag rule. Always thought it made for better racers and tuners. Oh well, just my opinion. The masses shall deside.
Delay boxes and electronics? Sad day indeed.
i agree with you, which is why i've had a hard time with this over the years. however, the way the rule has been enforced over the past several years dictated a change. plus, there were other reasons such as rule alignment with every other organization in the country, cdba, sdba, and yes, ihba. it's not right to have rules that blindside visiting racers. at firebird, i had two people tell me "get rid of it, i'm there!".
i agree that disallowing sandbagging forced people to learn how to tune their boat for all conditions - it forced me. for that reason, i felt it was good. but logically, that's a process i should have gone through anyway whether i was forced to or not.
the only time it was enforced this year, it almost caused a fight that should never have happened, and two people missed races for something that should not have even been an issue when both thought about it later. at that point, for me there are too many downsides to the rule to hang on to it.
over the past 3-4 years, people have quit over the subjective enforcement.
one thing is certain - races will be decided on the track. brock will be fine, and so will everyone else.

BUSBY
12-01-2005, 10:06 AM
brock will be fine, and so will everyone else.
OUCH! ...
so you're figuring that this year it'll go through?

bp
12-01-2005, 04:37 PM
i'm figuring there will be more votes to eliminate it than there were last year. we'll have to see if there are more votes to keep it, won't we? :cool:
yes, mr. brock will be fine.

mirrorimage
12-05-2005, 10:41 PM
thanx bubsy ... that was very helpful by the way .... t bg ...ha ha

moneysucker
12-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Brian, When does the 2006 schedule come out? I am hoping to actually make it this season.

Squirtin Thunder
12-06-2005, 07:29 PM
How many of you folks actually know where the term Sand Baggin came from ???
I will give you a hint; Think about playing pool for money.

moneysucker
12-06-2005, 10:14 PM
How many of you folks actually know where the term Sand Baggin came from ???
I will give you a hint; Think about playing pool for money.
I thought that was hustling. I thought that sand bagging came from horse racing.

Squirtin Thunder
12-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I thought that was hustling. I thought that sand bagging came from horse racing.
Damn Cy I was off a bit.

BUSBY
12-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Well ... get those No2 bottles out ... It's official ... 2006 season NJBA racers CAN sandbag ... and this means nitrous is allowed in the brackets
votes were counted this evening and the members voted to allow sandbagging
so there you have it ... direct from the board meeting ...

helter skelter
12-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Well ... get those No2 bottles out ... It's official ... 2006 season NJBA racers CAN sandbag ... and this means nitrous is allowed in the brackets
votes were counted this evening and the members voted to allow sandbagging
so there you have it ... direct from the board meeting ...
Well hot diggity damn... good deal.
How did the rest of the results turn out?

BUSBY
12-07-2005, 07:25 AM
everything passed with a yes, 572's in all of the blown classes, protest and tear down fees increased & sandbaggin' will be allowed.
Myself as President, Ron Fuentes as VP, Jim Guthrie as Secretary, Joe LaKamp as Treasurer. Returning board members: Wills Johns, Rolf Sammonds, Tom Rainville, Mike Fry, Mark Roznos, Roger Roadstrom Jr. ... New Board Members: Mike Finnegan (cyclone), Steve Sharp, Tom Bandy & Dan Kelley.
2006 should be a good year ...

moneysucker
12-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Oh Geez, Just when I was going to come out and play and Brian and Ron are in charge. Congrats to all.

Jim Brock
12-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Well if we can run nitrous, the prop guys really won, now they can run a unblown fuel flatbottom, and unblown fuel hydro, which were outlawed, i better get to the fire station to get my sandbags before the rush starts

BUSBY
12-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Well if we can run nitrous, the prop guys really won, now they can run a unblown fuel flatbottom, and unblown fuel hydro, which were outlawed, i better get to the fire station to get my sandbags before the rush starts
no need to make up new classes ... we never spoke of "fuel" (ch3no2) ... only nitrous No2 ...
Sorry Jim ... I know you don't like what the members wanted ... and just to remind you ... a jet guy proposed the rule change ...

mj680
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM
NJBA should bring those two classes back.More boats with nitro or nitrous. :cool:

whiskey & water
12-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Hey busby i see your selling your hydro. I was looking forward to pairing up with you at the NJBA next year.

Cs19
12-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Change is good.

BUSBY
12-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Hey busby i see your selling your hydro. I was looking forward to pairing up with you at the NJBA next year.
You might still ... but I might be in a capsule ... :D

Taylorman
12-07-2005, 09:43 AM
You might still ... but I might be in a capsule ... :D
So Busby, your stepping up the engine? What are you moving up to?

bp
12-07-2005, 11:29 AM
no way jim. flats already had plates, and hydros had rudders to use as brakes. it's all good.
rather than worry about it, just try to race njba style and it'll all work out just fine.. that's what i do.. :cool:

BUSBY
12-07-2005, 11:33 AM
So Busby, your stepping up the engine? What are you moving up to?
Right now there are a lot of things in the mix ... running Top Alcohol Hydro in an open boat wasn't competitive ( I was capped by MPH ... it sucked) ... but who knows what I'll be bringing up there next year ... keep tuned in ... it should be interesting! :D

Squirtin Thunder
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
everything passed with a yes, 572's in all of the blown classes, protest and tear down fees increased & sandbaggin' will be allowed.
Myself as President, Ron Fuentes as VP, Jim Guthrie as Secretary, Joe LaKamp as Treasurer. Returning board members: Wills Johns, Rolf Sammonds, Tom Rainville, Mike Fry, Mark Roznos, Roger Roadstrom Jr. ... New Board Members: Mike Finnegan (cyclone), Steve Sharp, Tom Bandy & Dan Kelley.
2006 should be a good year ...
Wow what a crew !!!
I was looking at the web page and couldn't help notice that the Sept. race had a ton of racers. Is this due to the promotion that it gets on this board and others ??? Or is it due to the fact that Lifeline is renting safety equiptment ??? Or is it both as one ???
If it is a promo and lifeline deal then maybe there should be another member added to the board, to head up this end of the spectrum ???

77charger
12-07-2005, 05:18 PM
looks like i can make my 9.00 flat faster with NOS.maybe i can cut off like1 second since its only a carbed motor :rollside: :rollside:
Now i can come out and play!

bp
12-07-2005, 07:51 PM
looks like i can make my 9.00 flat faster with NOS.maybe i can cut off like1 second since its only a carbed motor :rollside: :rollside:
Now i can come out and play!
it's all good robert. go ahead and give it your best shot :cool:

Willis
12-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to say if you plan on running both NJBA and IHBA, make sure your cubic inches are correct.
:argue:
Tell us what you want an if possible, we will try to work the program :idea:
Willis

Cs19
12-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Tell us what you want an if possible, we will try to work the program :idea: Willis
We want to race at Elsinore.
We want beer stands for spectators.
We also want our November event to stay on the schedule.
Lets put the new board members to work already. :)

TRG
12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Chris must have taken his "FEEL GOOD" med's!
Pretty quick bro!

77charger
12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
it's all good robert. go ahead and give it your best shot :cool:
bob you dnt know what we are returning with it aint the same ol boat to speak! boat name "Flat Out Crazy":D
A whole new set up.an aluminum block for starters a dynoed motor,all aspirated,And ready to lay some good numbers.
See you at tech!and will be glad to be back on the rope

Squirtin Thunder
12-07-2005, 08:52 PM
We want to race at Elsinore.
We also want our November event to stay on the schedule.
Lets put the new board members to work already. :)
I will second that !!!

77charger
12-07-2005, 08:53 PM
W :)
How about for the racers after driving is done Chris you know my pit will be fully stocked and i do owe you some beers. :boxed:

superdave013
12-07-2005, 08:54 PM
why would they want to do that when the ski flats already have ya covered? ;) lol
see you sunday Jim.

Cs19
12-07-2005, 08:57 PM
looks like i can make my 9.00 flat faster with NOS.
Ya just give it a bigger shot than it already had. :) :)
What bracket are you expecting to run with the new boat Robert?

77charger
12-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Ya just give it a bigger shot than it already had. :) :)
What bracket are you expecting to run with the new boat Robert?
we plan on slowing it down to run 8.0
I can pretty much talk about it now if i choose.except hp and ci it is pgf eligible though THATS IT!! :yuk:
Like the name?

cyclone
12-07-2005, 09:04 PM
c'mon robert stop sandbagging. tell 'em you are going after bob's crown as king of all time 10 second boats! :)

77charger
12-07-2005, 09:11 PM
c'mon robert stop sandbagging. tell 'em you are going after bob's crown as king of all time 10 second boats! :)
Bob is the 10 second king if i was in the class i'd be worried really he has his boat dialed no worries from him about breaking out
And like i stated before many times a boat like bobs can welcome sandbagging and my money is on bob.Much harder to sandbag vs a boat that is dialed to run full throttle
But mikey if you step it up a notch we might be lined up!Have randy appply more wax to the bottom not just the top :)

cyclone
12-07-2005, 09:18 PM
maybe we will

Cs19
12-07-2005, 09:27 PM
What about you Cyclone? Are you going to race a full season?
What bracket are you hoping to be competitive in?

Dogballs
12-07-2005, 09:59 PM
:cool:

BUSBY
12-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I think he should go for the 6.5-6.99 bracket! :D
Mr. Mike "the new board member/cyclone" Finnegan
congrats Mike!

bp
12-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Bob is the 10 second king if i was in the class i'd be worried really he has his boat dialed no worries from him about breaking out
And like i stated before many times a boat like bobs can welcome sandbagging and my money is on bob.Much harder to sandbag vs a boat that is dialed to run full throttle
i appreciate the comments robert. with or without the rule, anyone can be beaten and all it takes is work.
personally, i'd be more worried about running against that crew in the 9s. :cool: that's a tough class right there. and the 8's looks pretty tough too.
could somebody tell me which one is the "easy pickins"?

Squirtin Thunder
12-08-2005, 02:06 PM
i appreciate the comments robert. with or without the rule, anyone can be beaten and all it takes is work.
personally, i'd be more worried about running against that crew in the 9s. :cool: that's a tough class right there. and the 8's looks pretty tough too.
could somebody tell me which one is the "easy pickins"?
River Racer it is a win every round !!!

mj680
12-08-2005, 03:02 PM
JIM...The last thing you need is SAND BAGS. :cool:

BUSBY
12-08-2005, 04:52 PM
JIM...The last thing you need is SAND BAGS. :cool:
OUCH ...
c'mon Ron that's twice ... you might wanna take it easy there ...

77charger
12-08-2005, 06:03 PM
brian if i hear this right we will be allowed to sign up for a specific bracket instead of being forced in to one.
Example before if you ran a 9.39 you are in the 9.0 bracket no matter what.If you ran 9.40 you can run the 9.50 if you went to the trailer.Now this year we are going for 8.0 and want to run that class.I know we will be going faster and are going to slow it down i dont want to run the 7.50 class specifically 8.0.basically i want to declare to run 8.0 without being forced to run class i dont want to cause at that point i might as well run pgf.
reason we are concentrating on on p/e for ihba

bp
12-08-2005, 06:18 PM
brian if i hear this right we will be allowed to sign up for a specific bracket instead of being forced in to one.
Example before if you ran a 9.39 you are in the 9.0 bracket no matter what.If you ran 9.40 you can run the 9.50 if you went to the trailer.Now this year we are going for 8.0 and want to run that class.I know we will be going faster and are going to slow it down i dont want to run the 7.50 class specifically 8.0.basically i want to declare to run 8.0 without being forced to run class i dont want to cause at that point i might as well run pgf.
reason we are concentrating on on p/e for ihba
i saw NO proposals to change the qualification rules, so if it were me, i would MAKE SURE i didn't run any quicker than 7.90 during bracket qualfying, or else you'd get bumped to the 7.50 class. i believe those rules are still the same; QUICKEST PASS, not BEST, is your qualifying pass, AND more than .10 below a number get's you to the next half second class.
that's the way i'm approaching it anyway...

77charger
12-08-2005, 06:53 PM
i saw NO proposals to change the qualification rules, so if it were me, i would MAKE SURE i didn't run any quicker than 7.90 during bracket qualfying, or else you'd get bumped to the 7.50 class. i believe those rules are still the same; QUICKEST PASS, not BEST, is your qualifying pass, AND more than .10 below a number get's you to the next half second class.
that's the way i'm approaching it anyway...
Bob i got the word from brian you are right on that but new boat = freebie pass.So i can go from there.
it has to do with the half second classes.My whole thing is to keep it safe dont want to push the limits and concentrate on 1 class If i had to push limits then i could go alot faster than i really want too.But rather be safe

cyclone
12-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Unless the lotto fairy comes to my house and drops a winning ticket in my easter basket i'll probably just make a few races. Any more than that and I'd have to quit going to the river or at least quit buying a drum of fuel and two 30 packs of bud on the way to the river. As for a bracket? hell if i know. I just like coming out and seeing how quick i can make her run. if that puts me near the .00 or .500 mark then i'll try to be competitive. Otherwise its just me against the clock out there. What about you? Now that you can squeeze more ponies how much are you looking to cut off the ET? 1/2 second, full second? :cool:

sofa king smooth
12-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Sandbag or no sandbag I'm ready to go racing. Can't wait for the season opener.
Ready to throw cs19 in the drink.

cyclone
12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
right in the dirty water. lol :crossx:

Cs19
12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Sandbag or no sandbag I'm ready to go racing. Can't wait for the season opener.
Ready to throw cs19 in the drink.
Dude, I'm so ready to go swim in the parasite infested ming water..After coming up short in the finals like 5 times last season, I was starting to wonder if I'd ever get to go swimming, but after running Phoenix my confidence is back up and Im feeling alot better about next season, this rule change makes things a little better too.

Cs19
12-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Unless the lotto fairy comes to my house and drops a winning ticket in my easter basket i'll probably just make a few races. Any more than that and I'd have to quit going to the river or at least quit buying a drum of fuel and two 30 packs of bud on the way to the river. As for a bracket? hell if i know. I just like coming out and seeing how quick i can make her run. if that puts me near the .00 or .500 mark then i'll try to be competitive. Otherwise its just me against the clock out there. What about you? Now that you can squeeze more ponies how much are you looking to cut off the ET? 1/2 second, full second? :cool:
I hear ya Mike, just build whatever you can, go to the track and see where you end up.
I'd like to think I could get into the 8.5 bracket on the squeeze without too much trouble, but I'm more interested in running 9.0 right now. Racing with Lakamp,Roznos,Penberthy and a few others is a total blast. I also plan on running UBFJ so I can dial in my NOS stuff so when I run Phoenix Ive got a better handle on that.Actually, the real reason Im running UBFJ is so I can saw Sofa king off just so he knows who will be king sh*t at Needles next summer. :) j/k.
http://***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar12918_1.gif

cyclone
12-08-2005, 09:34 PM
needle huh? maybe i'll have to come on down once just long enough to take on the king. :crossx:

Cs19
12-08-2005, 09:46 PM
By all means, please do but you'll havta get around Rippingnolegs and Mrs. Sofa king smooth first.
j/k.
Lets hit Cassidy's Bar and Grill Sat night Cyclone..

BUSBY
12-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Can I get in on the races at the river next year???
I might have a a ride that could be a contender ...
bring out a lake/river boat ...
shoot, I haven't been to the river in about 4 years ... maybe it's time I came back out???
:D :D :D
I dunno ... maybe I should stay in the garage ...
Sounds like fun though ...

Cs19
12-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Busby, you need to get back out there, especially if your not going to race next season.Youll go crazy staying home all summer.
Since its an NJBA thread..I have a few questions about next season..
What will it take to get beer stands back at the track? All of those spectators looked thirstly last race.
What is the next step to make Elsinore happen?
Has anyone contacted IHBA to try to make the 2 schedules different? It would be nice to have a seperate schedule along with having our November race.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
thanks.

TRG
12-09-2005, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=cs19]Busby, you need to get back out there, especially if your not going to race next season.Youll go crazy staying home all summer.
Since its an NJBA thread..I have a few questions about next season..
What will it take to get beer stands back at the track? All of those spectators looked thirstly last race.
What is the next step to make Elsinore happen?
Has anyone contacted IHBA to try to make the 2 schedules different? It would be nice to have a seperate schedule along with having our November race.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Im behind this post 100%!

BUSBY
12-09-2005, 08:41 AM
The beer thing is an insurance deal ... someone who has a liquor license needs to step in and apply for the permit and insurance ... permit is cheap ... insurance isn't
Someone had posted in the past that you could go down to the County Parks & Rec and get a permit for the weekend for up to 5 people for like $25 ... as an individual ... I investigated this to find out that it's untrue (per KCP&R) ...
Elsinore would be a huge task ... a lot of people here have stepped up and said they would like to help ... but I think that a meeting needs to be held to speak about it. There are a ton of things to do ... and it would need to be arranged. I'm game ... but it would take about 20 others to plan it.
NJBA sets it's schedule in October of the previous year ... I have already sent the dates to Bob Prigmore ... I believe he was getting them over to Charlie and IHBA. I am supposed to be speaking to Charlie within the next week ... so I will make sure I will give the dates to him as well.

mj680
12-09-2005, 12:56 PM
BUSBY...If there are no boats in Modified Jet this year,can it be changed to Pro Limited Jet,to be more inline with SDBA and IHBA ? Ron
Since BP has the 2006 schedule,can you share it with us also ?

BUSBY
12-09-2005, 01:16 PM
BUSBY...If there are no boats in Modified Jet this year,can it be changed to Pro Limited Jet,to be more inline with SDBA and IHBA ?
We would have to see what was entailed and it would have to be brought up to the board and voted on by the members ... (you know that) ...
requested dates for the 2006 season to Kern County.
The dates are as follows:
March 18 & 19
April 22 & 23
May 20 & 21
June 18 & 19
September 16 & 17
October 16 & 17
November 11 & 12
We have to request the dates and then KCP&R approves them

Squirtin Thunder
12-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Brian, Give me a call I might have some usefull info for you.

Moneypitt
12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
It was a KCP&R ranger that told our group about the drinking permit. There are also signs as you go into Ming regarding these permits. If the "event" has not requested an alcohol permit, then it is possible that no one can aquire one during that event. I was relating what I was told at Ming by the ranger, and am sorry if the info was inaccurate. I will look into it in March.........Ray

mj680
12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Brian...Sept 15,16,17,2006 is the date for the Thunder boat/IHBA race in San Diego. :cry:
Don't know what the Chowchilla date is.Somebody should talk to the Lions Club.We don't need races stacked on top of each other.I don't see any other conflicts. Ron :cool:

cyclone
12-09-2005, 02:03 PM
BUSBY...If there are no boats in Modified Jet this year,can it be changed to Pro Limited Jet,to be more inline with SDBA and IHBA ? Ron
Brule said he'd be back in '06 so there would be at least one other mod jet in the field....

BUSBY
12-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Brian...Sept 15,16,17,2006 is the date for the Thunder boat/IHBA race in San Diego. :cry:
Don't know what the Chowchilla date is.Somebody should talk to the Lions Club.We don't need races stacked on top of each other.I don't see any other conflicts. Ron :cool:
Well ... NJBA is restricted on the days we can use Lake Ming ... we have to deal with the sailboat club and SCSC ... they have requested dates as well ...
I know Charlie has our dates as of now ... so maybe he won't stack them since his schedule hasn't been 100% nailed down.
Not much we can do about the Sept. race ... that's the only weekend available in Sept. @ Ming

moneysucker
12-09-2005, 05:50 PM
When We get something, Preferably both IHBA and NJBA schedules, Please post, I need to schedule for them as soon as possible. Thanks
Cy

bp
12-09-2005, 06:18 PM
NJBA sets it's schedule in October of the previous year ... I have already sent the dates to Bob Prigmore ... I believe he was getting them over to Charlie and IHBA. I am supposed to be speaking to Charlie within the next week ... so I will make sure I will give the dates to him as well.
well, you didn't ask me to send them to ihba, but i could if you would like?
i'm not quite sure what the perception might be. the thunderboat regatta is san diego's deal, and the promotion on those dates has already begun. http://www.thunderboats.net/
i don't believe ihba has anything to do with date selection. same with redbluff; ali starts working on next years race, with the established date, right after the conclusion of the previous race as the promotor. i -think- the promotor does the deal and sets the date, not the other way around. same thing for the worlds, and same would most likely occur with chow.
i was told by a board member that when the date change requests were made to kc for this year, the response was very positive. like ron, i would very much hate to see these races on the same dates; that's not good for anyone, whether they're a racer or race fan. hopefully, things can be aligned so they are seperate.
steve built that engine as a pro limited, so it wouldn't be all that difficult for him to go back to it if that were the class, and i'm sure he'd support that class.

BUSBY
12-09-2005, 07:28 PM
well, you didn't ask me to send them to ihba, but i could if you would like?
i'm not quite sure what the perception might be. the thunderboat regatta is san diego's deal, and the promotion on those dates has already begun. http://www.thunderboats.net/
i don't believe ihba has anything to do with date selection. same with redbluff; ali starts working on next years race, with the established date, right after the conclusion of the previous race as the promotor. i -think- the promotor does the deal and sets the date, not the other way around. same thing for the worlds, and same would most likely occur with chow.
i was told by a board member that when the date change requests were made to kc for this year, the response was very positive. like ron, i would very much hate to see these races on the same dates; that's not good for anyone, whether they're a racer or race fan. hopefully, things can be aligned so they are seperate.
steve built that engine as a pro limited, so it wouldn't be all that difficult for him to go back to it if that were the class, and i'm sure he'd support that class.
I thought you were going to forward them, no biggie ... but I faxed them over to their fax today ... I agree that not all of the dates are flexible ... but most of ours are set like his and don't conflict. I'm sure he could influence Chowchilla and Dexter though.

Cs19
12-09-2005, 07:28 PM
That sucks, I was planning on racing Diego.

BUSBY
12-09-2005, 07:30 PM
That sucks, I was planning on racing Diego.
It's a limited deal from what I was told ... to the top 8 points leaders per class ... right Bob?
Maybe if not everyone shows up ... then you get in?
Then again, maybe I'm wrong?

77charger
12-09-2005, 08:53 PM
I know there will be races i will miss.the first 2 we will be for sure after that ???? can pretty much rule out may,june,sept,nov,
We will be racing alot and 3 weeks in a row aint in my schd!
busby i might get to stop by this weekend at rons and have some beers looks like i might have time probably have to ride on my bicycle :crossx:

mj680
12-09-2005, 09:11 PM
With Air Flow N/C ported heads and a jesel belt drive its not a real Pro Limited motor. That rule on the heads is hard to inforce without a protest.
And the belt drive rule and bowtie block rule is outdated. :yuk:

bp
12-09-2005, 09:35 PM
With Air Flow N/C ported heads and a jesel belt drive its not a real Pro Limited motor. That rule on the heads is hard to inforce without a protest.
And the belt drive rule and bowtie block rule is outdated. :yuk:
i thought i remembered that the only diff was the belt drive, which would have to be changed. i just remembered him saying it was a pl except for the belt. i dunno if those specific afrs would pass or not... there's no list of heads in the book, so who knows whats legal and whats not... i guess it's whatever somebody wants to complain about at the time...

mj680
12-09-2005, 10:22 PM
i thought i remembered that the only diff was the belt drive, which would have to be changed. i just remembered him saying it was a pl except for the belt. i dunno if those specific afrs would pass or not... there's no list of heads in the book, so who knows whats legal and whats not... i guess it's whatever somebody wants to complain about at the time...
BP...It's not the manufacture,it's the N/C porting.They have to be as cast per the rulebook.It is to hard to inforce this rule without making all pro limited guys remove their manifold. It is becoming a real issue in IHBA.I say allow ported heads in pro limited classes so the problem goes away.Also get rid of the No bowtie blocks rule.Its outdated because we have gen 5 and gen 6 blocks that can be bored to 4.6.Also you can run any Ford or Mopar blocks,
because they don't have a BOWTIE logo. Also gear drives cost as much as a belt drive and they are ok. These rules make no sence and are over 20 years old.There is alot of Pro Limited Motors being built for next year and alot of questions are being asked and discusion on how to get around the rules.
Just my 2 cents :220v:

steelcomp
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
I hear ya Mike, just build whatever you can, go to the track and see where you end up.
That's exactly the approach I'm taking. It'll be what it'll be. :cool:
What do you guys think? Any guess as to what my Bahner might run? CS...you know my deal. :idea:

cyclone
12-09-2005, 11:15 PM
What do you guys think? Any guess as to what my Bahner might run? CS...you know my deal. :idea:
9.50 once its dialed.

bp
12-10-2005, 07:54 AM
BP...It's not the manufacture,it's the N/C porting.They have to be as cast per the rulebook.It is to hard to inforce this rule without making all pro limited guys remove their manifold. It is becoming a real issue in IHBA.I say allow ported heads in pro limited classes so the problem goes away.Also get rid of the No bowtie blocks rule.Its outdated because we have gen 5 and gen 6 blocks that can be bored to 4.6.Also you can run any Ford or Mopar blocks,
because they don't have a BOWTIE logo. Also gear drives cost as much as a belt drive and they are ok. These rules make no sence and are over 20 years old.There is alot of Pro Limited Motors being built for next year and alot of questions are being asked and discusion on how to get around the rules.
Just my 2 cents :220v:
i agree ron, stuff that is easily obtained now and cost friendly wasn't available when the rule was written. for example, what's the big deal about a cnc head? you can get a reasonable cost sportsman head, except it was made on a cnc, which the last i looked, wasn't legal. and like you say, belts are as available and cost equivalent as gears.
i do think though, that if they were to actually authorize porting, cost control is over. i agree it's a pain, but there has to be some -attempt- to control it, and the owner has to know that if he is caught cheating, everything he worked to accomplish is out the window. there's no other way to keep it a low cost class.
while i do think any over the counter sportsman head should be allowed, cnc or not, belts, aftermarket replacement blocks that don't really provide a performance advantage, would that mean a performance disadvantage for the guy that built an engine against the current rules, and is that fair?
i thought over a year ago when that big inch class was being discussed (and i said so at the time) that it should have been a "super" pl class, 501-580 or bigger inch, with the same basic conceptual rules. that would have been a fun class to build an engine for. but noooooooo, had to have another comp/progas/wide open deal so anything goes, which didn't make any sense at all.
and i also agree that if there's no mod, we should convert to what shows up, and if that's pl, we should run a pl class.

steelcomp
12-10-2005, 09:03 AM
i agree ron, stuff that is easily obtained now and cost friendly wasn't available when the rule was written. for example, what's the big deal about a cnc head? you can get a reasonable cost sportsman head, except it was made on a cnc, which the last i looked, wasn't legal. and like you say, belts are as available and cost equivalent as gears.
i do think though, that if they were to actually authorize porting, cost control is over. i agree it's a pain, but there has to be some -attempt- to control it, and the owner has to know that if he is caught cheating, everything he worked to accomplish is out the window. there's no other way to keep it a low cost class.
while i do think any over the counter sportsman head should be allowed, cnc or not, belts, aftermarket replacement blocks that don't really provide a performance advantage, would that mean a performance disadvantage for the guy that built an engine against the current rules, and is that fair?
i thought over a year ago when that big inch class was being discussed (and i said so at the time) that it should have been a "super" pl class, 501-580 or bigger inch, with the same basic conceptual rules. that would have been a fun class to build an engine for. but noooooooo, had to have another comp/progas/wide open deal so anything goes, which didn't make any sense at all.
and i also agree that if there's no mod, we should convert to what shows up, and if that's pl, we should run a pl class.
A big inch, super PL class would be a neat deal. What kept that from flying??
Bob, (and Ron), don't you think that in the name of keeping the cost down, cnc ported heads, even though off the shelf, would give the guys with more $$ an unfair advantage? There's still a pretty big step between un-ported heads, and upper end cnc stuff, and a HUGE performance difference. Also, who could tell the difference between a custom cnc port from an off the shelf port? Now days with enough $, you can digitize just about any port and have it duplicated.
Belt drives are still $700, but I agree, no HUGE advantage, power wise, but there is some. I consider that a big dollar item, when for < $100 you can get the best chain made.
An aftermarket block can be another power improvement. More rigid, more material, bores stay rounder, etc., can be 30hp improvement over production block, plus, like Ron said, bigger bore capability, (although available on the Gen 5&6 stuff). While not much, you start adding the differences up between the "old rule" stuff, and the new "readily available" parts, and I think you've got a definate power advantage that comes with $, even on a limited basis. That might tend to piss off someone with a motor a couple years old that, while previously, at least competitive, can't afford to step up, and is clearly out-classed.
just my .02

steelcomp
12-10-2005, 09:12 AM
9.50 once its dialed.I'd be happy with that. :D

cyclone
12-10-2005, 09:19 AM
I'd be happy with that. :D
eliminate those couple of hops at the start and that's 2 tenths right there.

steelcomp
12-10-2005, 09:37 AM
eliminate those couple of hops at the start and that's 2 tenths right there.Yeah, I hear ya. I've been taking lots of notes, and asking lots of questions this last couple of years. If I can get this thing to launch, I think it'll be a good runner. Speaking of which...time to get out to the garage! :D
thanks Mike

jweeks123
12-10-2005, 10:09 AM
requested dates for the 2006 season to Kern County.
The dates are as follows:
March 18 & 19
April 22 & 23
May 20 & 21
June 18 & 19
September 16 & 17
October 16 & 17
November 11 & 12
every year banks, insurance agents, businesses, etc give away for free things called calanders. does anyone actually look at them.
october 16 & 17 is in the middle of the week :frown:
jw

Cs19
12-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Im not one to throw around numbers unless I know the numbers can be backed up, so Im not gonna guess on this one..Im usually the first one to ask someone else to post their guesstimated time tough. :) It makes for a good laugh on occasion.
Steel,you have all very nice stuff, its gonna run just fine.

BUSBY
12-10-2005, 10:43 AM
every year banks, insurance agents, businesses, etc give away for free things called calanders. does anyone actually look at them.
jw
ok ... ok ... sorry ...
Type-o
Oct 21& 22

steelcomp
12-10-2005, 10:45 AM
jwNot exactly in the middle of the week, but it is a Mon. and Tues. :squiggle:

steelcomp
12-10-2005, 10:49 AM
ok ... ok ... sorry ...
Type-o
Oct 21& 22Geeeeezzzz, Mr. Director, lets get it together, K???? :rolleyes: LOL :D

mj680
12-10-2005, 11:00 AM
A big inch, super PL class would be a neat deal. What kept that from flying??
Bob, (and Ron), don't you think that in the name of keeping the cost down, cnc ported heads, even though off the shelf, would give the guys with more $$ an unfair advantage? There's still a pretty big step between un-ported heads, and upper end cnc stuff, and a HUGE performance difference. Also, who could tell the difference between a custom cnc port from an off the shelf port? Now days with enough $, you can digitize just about any port and have it duplicated.
Belt drives are still $700, but I agree, no HUGE advantage, power wise, but there is some. I consider that a big dollar item, when for < $100 you can get the best chain made.
An aftermarket block can be another power improvement. More rigid, more material, bores stay rounder, etc., can be 30hp improvement over production block, plus, like Ron said, bigger bore capability, (although available on the Gen 5&6 stuff). While not much, you start adding the differences up between the "old rule" stuff, and the new "readily available" parts, and I think you've got a definate power advantage that comes with $, even on a limited basis. That might tend to piss off someone with a motor a couple years old that, while previously, at least competitive, can't afford to step up, and is clearly out-classed.
just my .02
The rule is no Bowtie blocks and no after market blocks.I meant get rid of the "Bowtie "part of the rule only.
Reason: The word "Bowtie " picks on the Chev Gen 4 block only.You can run any Ford ,Mopar and Chev Gen 5 or Gen 6 as long as its a factory block.
When they wrote that rule thats all they had in blocks that could take a big bore.Alot of the old bowtie blocks are cheaper now.
If you are allowed to run a $700.00 Donavan gear drive whats wrong with a $700.00 belt drive.
The intake ports are not inspected,so why worry about if they are CNC ported ,hand ported, or as cast with that new technology.The new "as" cast heads flow good also.
One carb with 482 CI would make it simple without trying to find a way to get around the rulebook. Ron

steelcomp
12-10-2005, 11:25 AM
I can see what you're saying, and understand. Question then becomes, where do you draw the line to keep the class "economical"? The rule is no Bowtie blocks and no after market blocks.I meant get rid of the "Bowtie "part of the rule only.
Reason: The word "Bowtie " picks on the Chev Gen 4 block only.You can run any Ford ,Mopar and Chev Gen 5 or Gen 6 as long as its a factory block.
When they wrote that rule thats all they had in blocks that could take a big bore.Alot of the old bowtie blocks are cheaper now.
If you are allowed to run a $700.00 Donavan gear drive whats wrong with a $700.00 belt drive.
The intake ports are not inspected,so why worry about if they are CNC ported ,hand ported, or as cast with that new technology.The new "as" cast heads flow good also.
One carb with 482 CI would make it simple without trying to find a way to get around the rulebook. Ron

bp
12-10-2005, 04:48 PM
The rule is no Bowtie blocks and no after market blocks.I meant get rid of the "Bowtie "part of the rule only.
i agree. at this point, i don't even know why blocks are an issue. you could spend more money just trying to find a decent block that will work than you would on an aftermarket block. i don't see what the advantage could be just because you have an aftermarket block... gen 6's aren't laying on every corner.

sofa king smooth
12-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Cs
Just saw your post, been at the hospital for a couple days. New river rat in the family. Everything went super smooth, its pretty crazy.
If you want the title at Needles better change that pill out.jk. Look forward to some river racin this summer.
Call me when you get a chance.
All you other cp19s look out for mrs sofa, word is Santa stepped up her program alittle.

RCB19
12-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Cs
Just saw your post, been at the hospital for a couple days. New river rat in the family. Everything went super smooth, its pretty crazy.
If you want the title at Needles better change that pill out.jk. Look forward to some river racin this summer.
All you other cp19s look out for mrs sofa, word is Santa stepped up her program alittle.
Congratulations Pops! Glad it all went well for you guys. Before you know it the little one will want a CP. Congrats again. Thats way cool. :)

Cs19
12-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Cs
Congrats to you and Heather!!! Stoked for you guys. :)
Ill give you a ring later.

FuelInMyVeins82
12-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Congrats man. Glad to hear every thing went well. Take care

bp
12-11-2005, 06:35 PM
congrats j! glad everything went well for the fam. does this mean you coulda/woulda/shoulda been at firebird :) aaahhh well, march will be here pretty sooooooooooooooooon.. (not :cool: )..
congrats again!