PDA

View Full Version : Sandbagging Rule ... NJBA Members

BUSBY
11-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Well ... for all of the NJBA members out there who have PM'd, e-mailed or called me about the Sandbagging rule on the ballot ... I will tell you what my answer has been here in public ...
I will not tell you which way to vote ... only request that you vote in what you believe would be the way you would like to have it.
To allow Sandbagging or not. You have to choose.
My choice is no secret ... I choose to vote to allow sandbagging.
Just vote ... one way or the other!

rvrpig
11-29-2005, 09:01 AM
I was just wondering....and this is informational only....why would would people wanna sandbag. If it was me I would wanna run full out at all times.... It should be the battle of the driver and the boat builder....not who plays better head games, right?

78Eliminator
11-29-2005, 09:11 AM
I am not totally privy to all the rules so I have a few questions:
I know in IHBA, you can lift. Can you lift in NJBA?
If you can lift in NJBA, why sandbag? It seems like it's just about the same thing. Basically getting around having to tune the motor for the pass.

rvrpig
11-29-2005, 09:29 AM
thats what i was wondering....it should be a driving and building compitition.....shouldnt it?

pixrthis
11-29-2005, 09:38 AM
It's been a long time since I've raced but I never liked that a judgement call could cost somebody a race. I also found it harder to sandbag than run all out. In the end ET is ET and if you do your job it doesn't matter how the guy next to does his.

whiskey & water
11-29-2005, 09:41 AM
From my experience with the njba you can not lift. If you do that is consider sandbagging. Unless with out a dought it was for safety purposes. My opinion for getting rid of the sandbagging rule. My opinion the only thing that if they do get rid of the sandbagging rule. That it is only going to help you out on eliminations when your opponent loses power and i believe that it will make the classes even more competitive. I believe it is a fair thing for lifting when your opponent loses power, shuts down, really late at the lights. I have ran at the Ihba and the Njba I like the Ihba rule in the matter of sandbagging. Just a little info

Kurtis500
11-29-2005, 09:54 AM
It's been a long time since I've raced but I never liked that a judgement call could cost somebody a race. I also found it harder to sandbag than run all out. In the end ET is ET and if you do your job it doesn't matter how the guy next to does his.
I agree, you have to cut two lights, one at the start and the other at the finish. Double inconsistancy.

Fiat48
11-29-2005, 11:57 AM
IHBA was 1 second increments. NJBA was 1/2 second increments. I thought since NJBA had 1/2 second classes was why they did the sandbag rule. No letting out at the finish line.
I figured the purpose was to keep things closer and also more interesting for the spectator. Boring to watch guys get out of it at the big end. And to stop a 9 second boat from running the 9.50 class.
There always is and always will be someone who wants a class designed around the number they run.
But in the end it's the guy who leaves on time and runs the number who picks up the money and goes home. Everything else between matters little.
What I do hope I never see is electronics (throttle stops, delay devices, etc) in the brackets but maybe that day is here...or coming.

BUSBY
11-29-2005, 12:23 PM

stix818
11-29-2005, 03:46 PM
FIAT it's already to late especially in IHBA. Since I run IHBA and like you said it's 1 sec intervals you have to run 8.0s or 9.0s to be in the running. Just like pixrthis said it's not easy to have a consistent sandbagger. Your always watching weather, making sure boat launches the same and so on!!!! I would personally prefer to run her out but, go home first round or be competitive what would you do???

Fiat48
11-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Please fill me in on allowed electronics. I did not know.
All I can find in the 2005 IHBA rulebook is "Throttle must be controlled by driver's foot, etc."

stix818
11-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Eliminator classes as far as I know are unlimited. The problem is that it's hard to run delays like our counterparts on asphalt but reverse it and who knows what can happen!!!!!!

Jetboatguru
11-29-2005, 08:44 PM
I wonder if everyone in the class would agree to let me sandbag if the sandbag rule does not go through. Kinda like running a big inch motor in BGJ, I would let everybody know that I am sandbagging and wont be competitive.

BUSBY
11-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I wonder if everyone in the class would agree to let me sandbag if the sandbag rule does not go through. Kinda like running a big inch motor in BGJ, I would let everybody know that I am sandbagging and wont be competitive.
Tony ... why don't you give me a call ... (714) 448-4345
Brian Busby

Lost Wages
11-29-2005, 09:07 PM
This may be allowed under two cicumstances:
A) The entire class must agree
B) Don Jones must be in a good mood.

Sangster
11-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Tony ... why don't you give me a call ... (714) 448-4345
Brian Busby
Sounds like the "Class Bully" got called to the Principal's Office... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jon Force
11-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Lame rule! What do they consider sandbagging.Its bracket racing.It should be who gets there first without breaking out.Its hard not to lift when the other boat is so far back.Ditch the sandbagging rule > :cry: See ya at the races .

77charger
11-30-2005, 03:10 PM
just have to know how to do it right,not that i have ever done it though so i wont know :crossx:

Jon Force
11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Robert you are King sandbagger.What are you naming the new boat? How about 77 Sandbagger.

Jetboatguru
11-30-2005, 04:55 PM
I was wondering if the guys in Comp Jet would allow me to run my Comp Flat in the class. I would not be competitive and I would put it on my registration that I am illegal. If I were to win I understand that I would be protested. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

78Eliminator
11-30-2005, 05:16 PM
~
Ahhhhh, never mind

O.B eddie
12-01-2005, 11:25 AM
I was wondering if the guys in Comp Jet would allow me to run my Comp Flat in the class. I would not be competitive especially if Martin was in there but I would put it on my registration that I am an illegal with no green card. If I were to win I understand that I would be protested. and sent back home :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wow Anthony I have never seen you so honest!! HEE HAWW :boxed: :rolleyes: