PDA

View Full Version : Cat Buyers...Take a look!!

MACH26
11-28-2005, 08:16 PM
http://www.boattraderonline.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/6/8/1/81826181.htm
I've never sold anything in here, but its worth a try.

TOBTEK
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
thats MESSED up.......dont do it. Your new 32 is gonna take forever to get completed.

MACH26
11-28-2005, 08:29 PM
who said anything about a 32??

UnionJack
11-28-2005, 09:13 PM
This will teach you to f around on the job... nothing like have to get rid of all you toys. Are you going to sell your house too?

MACH26
11-28-2005, 09:16 PM
This will teach you to f around on the job... nothing like have to get rid of all you toys. Are you going to sell your house too?
Didn't April tell you.... I'm parking the RV in front of your house

mbrown2
11-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Why you getting rid of it so soon?

DCBDaytona
11-29-2005, 07:07 AM
What the HELL is going on here? Are there this many people too far over their heads?

02HoWaRd26
11-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Well Ya that is the big problem of this game you gotta be big in the summer and then your a broke dick in the winter it sucks.. BTW 02 Howard for sale also.......

sigepmock
11-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Sorry to see this, I know how much you love that boat. I'm pretty sure this isn't money related, Mach26 rolls deep!!!!! :)
I think it has more to do with being disgusted with cat insurance costs.....I think a lot of cat owners are going to be asking themselves "Is it worth it????" :mad: :confused:
Chris

Kilrtoy
11-29-2005, 07:55 AM
What the HELL is going on here? Are there this many people too far over their heads?
Why does he have to be broke? Maybe he has other plans in life and at this time a boat is not in them

DCBDaytona
11-29-2005, 08:32 AM
Why does he have to be broke? Maybe he has other plans in life and at this time a boat is not in them
I did not say he is broke. When somebody is over their head with bills, payments etc. the boat is the first to go.

phebus
11-29-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm broke, but I'm keeping my boat!!! :D

mbrown2
11-29-2005, 09:05 AM
I did not mean to imply the guy was over his head....just asked why he was getting rid of it.
I boated about 28 weekends this year, 23 in the Malibu and about 6 in the DCB....at the end the of the season the cost of the Malibu was about 1/5th the cost of the DCB...and when comparing just the fun factor, I would have to say they were both equal...for me and my priorities. There are alot of reasons people get rid of boats....money is only one of them.

Kilrtoy
11-29-2005, 11:48 AM
I did not say he is broke. When somebody is over their head with bills, payments etc. the boat is the first to go.
Is there anyone who is not over there head here.......
This outta get good :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Charley
11-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I'll chime in right now with no emberrassment.... My company has experienced some serious adversity this year in 3-4 forms ... all to the tune of me thinking I would have to cash out of my 32 to build my river house..... I have been busting my balls at work to try to avoid it and as of now I'm on track but being a business owner in California has some serious challenges... from workman's comp, benefits, property taxes to even the cost of diesel... in 2 months I could be right back in that uncomfortable spot and I'll be damned if I will jeopardize any of my Real estate before dumping my dream boat.....that might be boring and all but my family and it's future far outweighs my need for toys.

BoatFloating
11-29-2005, 09:41 PM
I'll chime in right now with no emberrassment.... My company has experienced some serious adversity this year in 3-4 forms ... all to the tune of me thinking I would have to cash out of my 32 to build my river house..... I have been busting my balls at work to try to avoid it and as of now I'm on track but being a business owner in California has some serious challenges... from workman's comp, benefits, property taxes to even the cost of diesel... in 2 months I could be right back in that uncomfortable spot and I'll be damned if I will jeopardize any of my Real estate before dumping my dream boat.....that might be boring and all but my family and it's future far outweighs my need for toys.
Amen brother..... There is always room with me on he JV baller team....

Kilrtoy
11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Did I get kicked down to the frosh /soph team now

MACH26
11-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry to see this, I know how much you love that boat. I'm pretty sure this isn't money related, Mach26 rolls deep!!!!! :)
I think it has more to do with being disgusted with cat insurance costs.....I think a lot of cat owners are going to be asking themselves "Is it worth it????" :mad: :confused:
Chris
Chris nailed it on the head. I CAN afford the boat. I CAN afford the insurance, but I am just digusted with the plain insulting insurance premiums, LLLOONNGG lay ups, enourmous deductibles, lack of coverages. As long as I am with my friends and family, my mode of lake transpotation is just not worth that kind of money to insure. So until this situation is not monopolized by one company, I have made a tough decision not to drive THE BEST LAKE CAT ON THE MARKET :cry: :cry:

framer1
11-30-2005, 05:33 AM
Chris nailed it on the head. I CAN afford the boat. I CAN afford the insurance, but I am just digusted with the plain insulting insurance premiums, LLLOONNGG lay ups, enourmous deductibles, lack of coverages. As long as I am with my friends and family, my mode of lake transpotation is just not worth that kind of money to insure. So until this situation is not monopolized by one company, I have made a tough decision not to drive THE BEST LAKE CAT ON THE MARKET :cry: :cry:
I feel the same way. I CAN afford the ins. but the thought of getting ripped off every year just pisses me off. I payed 4,800 last year and put on 30 hours that's just not right. I have thought about selling new f-26 and buying a 25-28 vee with tame power for as much as use it does it really matter :yuk:

Havasu Hangin'
11-30-2005, 06:42 AM
Can I ride with you? I never made it past the first tryout...
:cry:

BoatFloating
11-30-2005, 07:16 AM
Can I ride with you? I never made it past the first tryout...
:cry:
Sure but you have to sit on Bling's lap since he sold his boat.
Did I get kicked down to the frosh /soph team now
There is room in the back of the bus for you too

Havasu Hangin'
11-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Uhhhhh....I'm gonna have to get back to you on that. :squiggle:
Maybe Charley has room on his pontoon boat?

JMC
11-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Could it be that the higher insurance costs have a lot to do with demographics or maybe its a just a west coast thing? How many guys not "out west" have seen an insurance hike on their rig? It seems like I read about someone everyday that is getting their clocks cleaned on insurance costs or a premium hike.

Charley
11-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Uhhhhh....I'm gonna have to get back to you on that. :squiggle:
Maybe Charley has room on his pontoon boat?
Uh my lap would be way more painful to sit on than blings....his bling bling pinky ring doubles as a (ock Ring

TOBTEK
11-30-2005, 07:54 AM
There is room in the back of the bus for you too
WOW....didnt know that bling sold it. Good for him, but bad for all of us! that was the MAC DADDY. So did he order the new pontoon with the 50hp honda straped to the back yet?

BoatFloating
11-30-2005, 07:55 AM
WOW....didnt know that bling sold it. Good for him, but bad for all of us! that was the MAC DADDY. So did he order the new pontoon with the 50hp honda straped to the back yet?
But it's a twin Turbo 50 Honda built by Carson.

phebus
11-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Well, even though some are finding it hard to justify their toys, or others are finding it hard to afford them, at least you had the opportunity to live the dream. They can't take that away from you.
Some of the Big Ballers, are now relegated to the BB Baller level (my level), and it's really not so bad, it makes the special things in life seem that much more special.

UnionJack
11-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Does your wife know you put it up for sale..... :cool: Maybe it's time for a family ride, for your new family member (not webster) jk :rolleyes:

TOBTEK
11-30-2005, 12:11 PM
I was just crawling all over the new 26ft deckboat....that would be a nice way to go! and save a ton on insurance.

sigepmock
11-30-2005, 12:38 PM
I heard he might even be looking at the new Ultra 26 Deck..... :sqeyes: :2purples: :D

UnionJack
11-30-2005, 12:40 PM
I was just crawling all over the new 26ft deckboat....that would be a nice way to go! and save a ton on insurance.
whatever

In2Deep
11-30-2005, 12:45 PM
So...let's get right down to the root of all evil; insurance companies and out of control boat insurance.
What are we going to do about it? Boycott? Purchase bonds to circumvent insurance premiums? I've got to think that sales of high-end, custom high performace cats (in particular) are suffering. Not wanting to see unit sales dive, and margins erode, I'm hopeful the smart and passionate manufacturers of these artworks can rally together, form a coalition, and put some pressure on the insurance companies to regain their sanity.
Of course, there's the issue of insurance claims and causes for such.
Any other ideas?

Kilrtoy
11-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Well I paid about 1000 a year for insurance on my 05 Vette which cost 60K
now if I went and got a 300k ferrari
im sure my insurance would climb to over 5K a year
im sure everyone understands that
Go figure cat insurance

Cole Trickle
11-30-2005, 04:33 PM
Go figure cat insurance
Try 5-10K a year depending on what Ferrari and where you live.(LA is alot more exspensive to insure a car than OC due to crime/traffic)
the cost difference for the vette/Ferrari is more based on value,parts avaliability and paying the bodyshop that works on Ferraris to make the needed fixes.(Usually a Ferrari Dealership)
Your vette has as much performance as any Ferrari that cost less than 200K but can be worked on at any corner garage,also the parts are cheap compared to the Italians.(Also our 60K Corvettes depreciate a whole lot faster than a 300K Ferrari)
Insurance is also largely based on statistics. If 100 out of 20,000 "2005" Corvettes are crashed/stolen that is not a huge deal to the insurance industry.
If 50 out of 250 "2005" Ferraris are crashed/stolen then this becomes a much more exspensive car for the Insurance industry to over.
Now when thinking about Cat inurance the closets vehicles you can compare to them where money is not the problem is big CC sport bikes.
Call your insurance agent and ask him for a quote on a 1400cc Yamaha warrior and then tell him you are also looking at a 1000cc R1.The rate will go from $800 to $4000 real quick unless you find a niche market.(Sport bikes have a huge loss ratio)
With Cats there are not enough boat runing around to really transfer the risk enough to justify a cheap rate.we are the exception and not the rule when it comes to boating experience and knowledge.I am going to go out on a limb and say that the insurance industry has a very high loss ratio on high HP boats with cat hulls, Not only because they can be trickier to drive and they go alot faster then a similarly powered V but also because the boat industry probablly makes 1 cat for every 10 V's built.
Any boat that goes over 75mph is oing to be somewhat pricey to insure.Any boat that goes over 100mph expect to bend over and spread cheeks.If you own a boat that goes over 130mph be prepared to be uninsurable or lie to your insurance agent.
Here is another math equation....
Think of how many years it would take to pay off a new 250K 29' DCB if your anual insurance payment was 7,000?(It would take almost 36 years to pay that off but the insurance company might have to pay that off after you made your first $583.00 monthy payment.)
I think it sucks but I also understand why it has to be.

sigepmock
11-30-2005, 04:36 PM
http://www.boattraderonline.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/6/8/1/81826181.htm
I've never sold anything in here, but its worth a try.
Hey look there's a boat for sale.... :D

framer1
11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Go figure cat insurance
How many hours do you drive a car compared to a boat? That's the part that bothers me, I put 30 hours on my boat and 20 of them is idling. It's just a rip off that all I can say, but saying that I knew it going in. So it's my bad.

Kilrtoy
11-30-2005, 06:52 PM
How many hours do you drive a car compared to a boat? That's the part that bothers me, I put 30 hours on my boat and 20 of them is idling. It's just a rip off that all I can say, but saying that I knew it going in. So it's my bad.
I rarely drive so with that said, my car insurance is moe than my boat.
now th ewife drives all over the place.......
Mr Trickle nice thread