PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust manifold question

EMCAM
11-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I have indamar manifolds on my eliminator and want to upgrade to better.What are the best and what money am i looking at. thay are thru tramsom and i have a 502 any info appriciated.

FASTRAT
11-29-2005, 02:20 AM
I have indamar manifolds on my eliminator and want to upgrade to better.What are the best and what money am i looking at. thay are thru tramsom and i have a 502 any info appriciated.
talk to 396 (michael) or anyone else down around ur area...they might have a spare set laying around for u to try...Bassett twisties or Rewarder OT's are good...but pricey ($750-900)...u can find some gd buys on here or EBay...just shop around if u decide to go that way
fastrat

RICHARD TILL
11-29-2005, 11:34 AM
you might talk to Jim McComb. he owns rewarder headers. tech 805-445-1015 or order 800-878-6968. the only way that i have his phone no. is i sat next to him at the auction in phx. i`m running his ceramic headers now. www.rewarderheaders.com

superdave013
11-29-2005, 11:39 AM
what do you want?
Water jacketed like you have now (good)
Or water injected like a standared Bassett or Rewarder (not NEAR as good)
Pretty much a water jacketed exhaust will cost much more (but your exhaust valves will thank you).
Do you have a covered engine? If so the water injected headers are a no no

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-29-2005, 12:35 PM
what do you want?
Water jacketed like you have now (good)
Or water injected like a standared Bassett or Rewarder (not NEAR as good)
Pretty much a water jacketed exhaust will cost much more (but your exhaust valves will thank you).
Do you have a covered engine? If so the water injected headers are a no no
dave he has a covered engine. I think water jacketed.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-29-2005, 12:36 PM
talk to 396 (michael) or anyone else down around ur area...they might have a spare set laying around for u to try...Bassett twisties or Rewarder OT's are good...but pricey ($750-900)...u can find some gd buys on here or EBay...just shop around if u decide to go that way
fastrat
I got him hooked up. I just helped him rebuild his carb. We hit the lake every weekend.
Oh and by the way, I got ur pics;)