PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Waterski Racing Season Opener

h20skiracer
11-29-2005, 08:45 AM
The 2006 NWSRA Marathon Waterski Racing sesaon is set to start off on March 11-12 with the Parker Marathon. Come and check it out!

Riverkid
11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Always a great weekend!

BADAXE
11-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Will there be the unoffical race in february at Havasu again this year?

h20skiracer
11-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Will there be the unoffical race in february at Havasu again this year?
There has been no word on it yet. The only date that has been released is the date for the Parker race.

Jetboatguru
11-30-2005, 11:07 AM
My money is on AMY! :p

h20skiracer
11-30-2005, 12:03 PM
My money is AMY! :p
I'd bet my money on you anytime Tony!
:cool:

Jetboatguru
11-30-2005, 01:10 PM
I need to get a big boat to tow you!!! :idea: :idea: :rollside:

h20skiracer
11-30-2005, 02:25 PM
We can do it old skool style behind the flatty... :D Or is that the perfect excuse to buy a bigger boat...

Jetboatguru
11-30-2005, 02:41 PM
I have a 26 DCB but it doesn't like to turn. Plus, it has twin whackers. I like the flatty idea though. We can get out on everyone and make a pit stop for fuel and get back at it. Can you hang on at 140? If so, we are in BIZNIT!!! :)

h20skiracer
11-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Well I could give it a try... I might last for about 5 seconds at that speed :crossx:
Do you ever work? You screw off just as much as me on here... :wink:

Jetboatguru
11-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Working as we speak.. Need to save up and get ready to lose all the stuff when we divorce. You just keep working on your skiing and i'll handle the rest.
I talked with uncle Pat today. Love that guy!!

h20skiracer
11-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Well we have to get married first before we can get a divorce. I want a big FAT ring when we get married too... :p
How is Uncle Pat? I haven't talked to him since we left Parker. I think I might go out there this weekend... I wanna ride my dirtbike.
But anyway, keep saving for our divorce. I'm gonna bend you over on that one!

Jetboatguru
11-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Spoken like a true evil woman!!
I have this killer ring already made. It took me 30 years to make it. That is a lot of flip tops to melt and turn into this masterpiece. You can actually melt it to fit your finger. Nothing but the best!!! :D :D
Uncle Pat is in rare form. He is gonna make the banquet in Vegas next month.
He is a hell of guy to race with and hang with in the pits. Don't hurt yourself on your dirt bike. :)

olbiezer
11-30-2005, 07:16 PM
speaking of ski racing.....what kind of boats do they use for ski racing now a days?

SK48
11-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Last time Amy skied, I think it was a older Malibu. :)

h20skiracer
11-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Last time Amy skied, I think it was a older Malibu. :)
Damn straight! Malibu's are the BEST! They cut the chop down great! It's THE BEST ride you can get! Plus they are affordable. You don't need a 21' Schiada, or Hallett with a big block and dual turbo's to go for it! :p

h20skiracer
11-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Spoken like a true evil woman!!
I have this killer ring already made. It took me 30 years to make it. That is a lot of flip tops to melt and turn into this masterpiece. You can actually melt it to fit your finger. Nothing but the best!!! :D :D
Uncle Pat is in rare form. He is gonna make the banquet in Vegas next month.
He is a hell of guy to race with and hang with in the pits. Don't hurt yourself on your dirt bike. :)
Now what exactly is "Rare Form"? And yeah, I know, he is a real character. I am crying everytime I am around him because I am laughing so hard. Are you going to be there with him in Vegas?
Oh, and if I hurt myself riding I guess you will have to do your husbandly duty and come take care of me ;)

obnoxious001
12-01-2005, 10:55 AM
speaking of ski racing.....what kind of boats do they use for ski racing now a days?
The Schiadas and Halletts are probably the most popular, but there are several Australian boats and one or two boats from Belgium that may be a few steps ahead as far as ski racing here in the US. The narrower hulls of the foreign "purpose built" boats will go faster with a given horsepower, and still leave a great wake for the skier. The American boats are primarily pleasure boats that have been converted to race.

h20skiracer
12-01-2005, 11:13 AM
The Schiadas and Halletts are probably the most popular, but there are several Australian boats and one or two boats from Belgium that may be a few steps ahead as far as ski racing here in the US. The narrower hulls of the foreign "purpose built" boats will go faster with a given horsepower, and still leave a great wake for the skier. The American boats are primarily pleasure boats that have been converted to race.
Speaking from experience, Cyclone hulls are the best to ski behind, even if it is a F2. But I still love my Schiada. It cuts down the water pretty good. Nothin better than skiing behing a v-drive.

obnoxious001
12-01-2005, 11:57 AM
The Bernico is supposed to leave the ultimate ride. I didn't get to ski behind the Cook's boat, but got to see skiers close up during races, and they definately were not working as hard as the other skiers. That boat was deceptive to ride in, since it was so smoooooth riding, hard to feel the true speed.

Rexone
12-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Hey you're that "They don't have enough classes for me" dood right?

Cole1313
12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
How long is that race? Can anyone enter?

h20skiracer
12-01-2005, 01:17 PM
How long is that race? Can anyone enter?
Which race? Pretty much anyone can enter, just as long as you sign up for the proper organizations, and have the proper safety gear, just like any other racing.

Cole1313
12-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Which race? Pretty much anyone can enter, just as long as you sign up for the proper organizations, and have the proper safety gear, just like any other racing.
The Parker Marathon Race. Does the boat need anything special. I have never raced, but have always been interested.

h20skiracer
12-01-2005, 01:42 PM
The Parker Marathon Race. Does the boat need anything special. I have never raced, but have always been interested.
If you go to this site http://www.nwsra.net/resources.htm that will have all of the requirements that you need for your boat, and for you. Just download the 2003 handbook, and the rule changes for 2004, and 2005, and you should be set. Also, you have to join USA Waterski, for the insurance.I know the skier entry fees for the main races which are 45min plus 1 lap are $85/ day. But now that I think of it, I think that is for each team. Let me know if you have any more questions.

obnoxious001
12-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Try the nwsra.net website, that should give you some information. You can ask them to mail you a rule book. If you are just starting out, consider skiing one of the "beginner" type classes, since if you start in your age class, you can't go back to a lower class. They have classes where you can ski on recreational skis instead of having to rush out and buy a race ski. PM or email me direct obnoxious001@yahoo.com and I will give you more information.

Cole1313
12-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Try the nwsra.net website, that should give you some information. You can ask them to mail you a rule book. If you are just starting out, consider skiing one of the "beginner" type classes, since if you start in your age class, you can't go back to a lower class. They have classes where you can ski on recreational skis instead of having to rush out and buy a race ski. PM or email me direct obnoxious001@yahoo.com and I will give you more information.
Thanks, I am going to talk to the wife tonight and see if you can even be there for that weekend. If so you will be hearing from me. thanks again.

Riverkid
12-03-2005, 06:01 PM
We ran our first non-Catalina race out there a couple years back and ran in the mini. We blew our boat motor but had a ball pulling double up on the "rented river". Nobody else out there but racers. It was awesome.

SGettmann
12-06-2005, 10:14 PM
How do I go about getting a tow for that weekend? I would be a novice, first time racer since my 0-9 days on doubles. I'm more than happy to fly down with my Maha, but to drag my 21' down is a long ways for the weekend. Plus I would need a driver and observer. Need to move my butt back closer to So Cal. I've been trying to look up the Canadian circuit, since I'm relatively close to the border. Thanks for any information anyone can provide me on a tow. I wouldn't be all that fast. Dad was pulling me at about 70 on glass this summer, which is nothing compared to the big boys. Willing to fly and help out with gas/entry fees.

Riverkid
12-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Check your PM's...

SGettmann
12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
H2O Skier and RiverKid - Thank you for the PM's on lining up a tow. I appreciate the help. This will be some excellent motivation for core strength training over the off season. My runs and swim sets were getting sort of boaring anyway.
Guess I need to also line up all the safety gear. Maha (longboard) and Beamis (bindings and rope) set me up with the ski, Marti Wells set me up with a helmet, now I need the arm straps, shoulder collar pad and the ski suit to go along with it. Endo's still the place to get this stuff? Guess I'll need to book a flite to long beach.

h20skiracer
12-13-2005, 11:39 AM
H2O Skier and RiverKid - Thank you for the PM's on lining up a tow. I appreciate the help. This will be some excellent motivation for core strength training over the off season. My runs and swim sets were getting sort of boaring anyway.
Guess I need to also line up all the safety gear. Maha (longboard) and Beamis (bindings and rope) set me up with the ski, Marti Wells set me up with a helmet, now I need the arm straps, shoulder collar pad and the ski suit to go along with it. Endo's still the place to get this stuff? Guess I'll need to book a flite to long beach.
Anything to bring more people out! The more participants, the better it is!

obnoxious001
12-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I have a Maha race ski, size 9 Endos bindings, left foot forward, and a medium size helmet if someone is looking to get started. Also a large size Lifeline driver/observer jacket unless someone talks me into coming back.

SGettmann
12-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Anything to bring more people out! The more participants, the better it is!
Yeah, I know, there always has to be a newbie to bring home the 'coarse is all clear' flag - whatever color that is. Actually, I should be able to hold my own and look very forward to the experience. It will make training much easier if I can relate it to the race coarse.
Anyone know what happened to the Wing wetsuit website?: Web: www.wing.au.com It's not up at this time? Speed suit shoping. Don't think my triathlon wetsuit will work very well for this, though it's pretty aerodynamic. :rollside:

h20skiracer
12-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I know, there always has to be a newbie to bring home the 'coarse is all clear' flag - whatever color that is. Actually, I should be able to hold my own and look very forward to the experience. It will make training much easier if I can relate it to the race coarse.
Anyone know what happened to the Wing wetsuit website?: Web: www.wing.au.com It's not up at this time? Speed suit shoping. Don't think my triathlon wetsuit will work very well for this, though it's pretty aerodynamic. :rollside:
I just got a new suit from Wing right before the Catalina race. That's strange. How long has it been down?

Rexone
12-14-2005, 09:51 PM
http://www.wing.com.au/

SGettmann
12-15-2005, 04:52 PM
http://www.wing.com.au/
Thanks Mod Squad!! I was punching in the link off the www.skirace.net site and it wasn't going through. I should have looked at the link better determine that the country location always goes after the .com. I work with enough international stuff that I should know this. Thanks. :boxed:
Amy - what colors are recommended? International orange? All skiers look alike, not like triathlon where you can trick your stuff out for some individualism. :yuk:

h20skiracer
12-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks Mod Squad!! I was punching in the link off the www.skirace.net site and it wasn't going through. I should have looked at the link better determine that the country location always goes after the .com. I work with enough international stuff that I should know this. Thanks. :boxed:
Amy - what colors are recommended? International orange? All skiers look alike, not like triathlon where you can trick your stuff out for some individualism. :yuk:
Well pretty much anything but blue or black on top I would recommend. I haven't seen and International orange with White. That might be good. Put the orange on top, with diamonds or checks on the legs.

SGettmann
12-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Amy - check your PM. Knee brace question for you. Thanks.