PDA

View Full Version : Fire alarm here last night

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 12:05 PM
That big, round, red, metal, clangy thing is RIGHT outside my apartment door. It's VERY loud. My bathroom is two steps into my apartment - RIGHT near the apartment door. (Please note that I'm caffeinated. More precisely I'm UBER caffeinated.) I made an unpleasant discovery - the cliche "scare the shit out of" is a damned lie! :cry:
The fire department gave us the all clear to return to the building in less than twenty minutes ... however ... it took six and a half hours before I was able to relax enough to finish what I was doing when the alarm sounded. :squiggle: If it had been a real fire okay ... but to be put through that for somebody's burnt toast? Ahem! :notam: Some people shouldn't be allowed to own a ******* toaster or bread either! :argue: ..... :idea: You know, the more I think about it the more I REALLY think they ought to officially change that saying about what being suddenly scared actually does. :(

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-30-2005, 12:08 PM
LOL!!! Hope it all came out in the end! :)
Someone at my office caught our kitchen on fire just this morning with the toaster oven. Don't ask me how....morons. :p

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 12:15 PM
LOL!!! Hope it all came out in the end! :)
Someone at my office caught our kitchen on fire just this morning with the toaster oven. Don't ask me how....morons. :p
I don't know that it ever ALL comes out in the end ... seems like there's always more where that came from ... :idea: no? :D
WTF? What is so damn hard about making toast without setting off an alarm or starting a fire? :confused: That person at your office should be prohibited from using the toaster oven unless or until they produce a cooking school certificate! :p

Jbb
11-30-2005, 12:21 PM
The fire alarm went off.....but it wasn't from any toaster......It was Brown ....peeking in on you......the friction from him ....er.....cranking one off...set his depends on fire.....he runs off into the night shrieking...from the flame job...the smoke turns the alarm on.....toast...yeah right....lol...

28Prowler525
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Why were you scared of a fire alarm?

Flashover
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
A bunch of doctors at the hospitol set off the fire alarm because they F**ked up with the toaster as well. And these people operate on you. :crossx:

Tom Brown
11-30-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry about the alarm, FM. If it's any consolation, you were sure looking good last night. :cool:

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Why were you scared of a fire alarm?
It startled me ... DUH! :rolleyes:

Jbb
11-30-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry about the alarm, FM. If it's any consolation, you were sure looking good last night. :cool:
Im surprised you had the sack to fess up.....Tex......lol

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 12:31 PM
I guess you were Scared Shitless then huh?
Forensic
Hmmm okay so there already is an alternate saying. :D Thanks Forensic.

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 12:32 PM
A bunch of doctors at the hospitol set off the fire alarm because they F**ked up with the toaster as well. And these people operate on you. :crossx:
A medical certificate is not a chef certificate. :idea:

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
The fire alarm went off.....but it wasn't from any toaster......It was Brown ....peeking in on you......the friction from him ....er.....cranking one off...set his depends on fire.....he runs off into the night shrieking...from the flame job...the smoke turns the alarm on.....toast...yeah right....lol...
Please be wrong about him THIS time. :eek:

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 12:36 PM
No shit, eh? Jbb was right about you yet again. :eek:

Jbb
11-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Please be wrong about him THIS time. :eek:
Wrong...lol...you are kidding....right....?

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Wrong...lol...you are kidding....right....?
Apparently. :(

Throttle
11-30-2005, 12:47 PM
I do not know what is worse, the disturbing fire alarm or being the fireman that shows up and not having a real fire! :cry: