PDA

View Full Version : Not drinking sucks

H20 Toie
11-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Since i am in such great shape (NOT) i decided to quit drinking beer until i get into shape, started going to the gym instead of the bar. Now we are in Florida for a couple of weeks and wow this place is smoking(Hard Rock Hotel in Ft Lauderdale)
Ever been at a Hooters and had the wings without beer :cry:
There is a great irish pub here with some smoking bartenders ( i just have a water please :yuk: )
But i have to stick to the guns but i don't think i will like it, until next summer when i will feel much better. :)

Racer277
11-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Well move on some of the Bartenders then. They surely would rather talk to you than some drunk ahole! :rollside:
Stay strong! Good Luck! :220v:

Havasu Hangin'
11-30-2005, 05:04 PM
When desperate, Bacardi and Diet Coke...I always say.

carbonmarine
11-30-2005, 05:09 PM
I GIVE YOU LESS THAN A MONTH !
NO FGG"IN WAY YOU BE ABL ETO NOT HAVE A DRINK HERE OR
THERE, Especially if you smoke and are in bars...
:cool:

ClownRoyal
11-30-2005, 05:10 PM
It's not the beer...it's what you eat with it. Who ever got fat on a liquid diet?

JB in so cal
11-30-2005, 05:11 PM
To quote that great drunk, Arthur. If you don't drink... "I guess you never run out of ice, then. Fantastic!"........."where's the rest of this moose?"

MayDaze
11-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Put the wings down and grab a BEER :)

H20 Toie
11-30-2005, 05:20 PM
I GIVE YOU LESS THAN A MONTH !
NO FGG"IN WAY YOU BE ABL ETO NOT HAVE A DRINK HERE OR
THERE, Especially if you smoke and are in bars...
:cool:
That's great support for a person trying to improve himself. :yuk:
There is no way in hell i will not drink but i have to find something less fatting than beer and not drink as much, and hopefully working out regularly will help. My goal is to lose at least 50 lbs. And I know i will be lucky to not get hammered in the two weeks that i'm here. this town just seems like to much fun.

Phat Matt
11-30-2005, 05:25 PM
That's great support for a person trying to improve himself. :yuk:
There is no way in hell i will not drink but i have to find something less fatting than beer and not drink as much, and hopefully working out regularly will help. My goal is to lose at least 50 lbs. And I know i will be lucky to not get hammered in the two weeks that i'm here. this town just seems like to much fun.
Vodka and club soda with a squeeze of lime.

SummitKarl
11-30-2005, 05:27 PM
save it for one beer a week....MODERATION!!! is the key

spectratoad
11-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Good luck but here is a quote to help you along......
I feel sorry for people who don't drink, When they wake up that is as good as they are going to feel all day. :)

JB in so cal
11-30-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm told by someone in the know that vodka and fresca is "zero points". Not that it would concern me, or anything.
Would it help if I posted more "Arthur" quotes? :)
"ahhhhhhhh, you're a hedge!"
"You're a Hooooookehhh?. OK. I'll give you $200; but you have to Simonize my car"
"Would you like me to wash your dick for you, sir?"

H20 Toie
11-30-2005, 05:34 PM
save it for one beer a week....MODERATION!!! is the key
One ????

Ziggy
11-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Watching the finale of Biggest Looser last night was phucking inspiring....The top guys lost 46% of their weight.........At least three of the guys turned out with sixpacks down from 300-400 pounders.....Some of the girls made amazing transformations too.
It can be done, I speak from experience having lost over 50lbs at one time myself.
Keep at it and good luck.

cxr133
11-30-2005, 07:10 PM
LOL i quit drinking every sunday and start again every friday
im a quitter

Flying Tiger
11-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Stay with it.
I was drunk for 30 years,, now have been sober for a few months and it feels teriffic.

LUVNLIFE
11-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Keep after it Dan. I'll give you some backup if needed. Call me when you get back to SoCal. :cool: :D

lilrick
11-30-2005, 07:58 PM
I quit drinkin' a year ago, but i'm one of those dam alcoholics!!!!!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
11-30-2005, 08:01 PM
It really isn't that bad, I quit 10 years ago. I have not saved any money, but I have not woke up in strange places eather.

HighRoller
11-30-2005, 08:35 PM
I've cut down my consumption drastically as well. Since the end of September I've had only one night of indulgence. To be honest, I thought it would be hard to resist having a beer or two after work or on off nights, but I've been so busy that I haven't even thought about it. That makes me happy. For a while when I was down in Laughlin I thought I was definitely an alocoholic. Lemme tell ya', them Home Depot girls like to party. And when they spend all their money on drinks, you'll see em' at Losers' in the Wet-T contest trying to earn some back!! :2purples: :sqeyes:

INSman
11-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Dan
You know I support you man !!
So much so, that I am drinking a nice glass of wine to support you right this moment !!!! :cool:

ahhell
11-30-2005, 08:46 PM
I knocked off the beer and have an occasional gin and (diet) tonic...started the south beach diet (too easy) and dropped 15 pounds in 4 weeks...now i gots to find a gym...in Fort Mohave...Smoking capital of the world... :) lay off the processed foods and sugars.... too easy

my21advantage
11-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Nobody likes a quitter!

C-2
11-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Watching the finale of Biggest Looser last night was phucking inspiring....The top guys lost 46% of their weight.........At least three of the guys turned out with sixpacks down from 300-400 pounders.....Some of the girls made amazing transformations too.
It can be done, I speak from experience having lost over 50lbs at one time myself.
Keep at it and good luck.
Those people are just incredible. That show blew me away; I had seen it earlier in the season and thought, yeah, they'll lose a few pounds. But to see them even thinner, 5 months after leaving the show was amazing.
-----
Toie,
If you can make it thru a nite at Hooters, the rest is cake. I too gained weight over the years, drinking beer every night. I'm not a big eater, it was the beer packing on pounds. Earlier this year (january 5) I stopped drinking at home and started counting calories; and by late March had dropped 50 lbs, all without much excercise. Damn beer.
Summer came along and I fell back into old habits, but am getting back on track (gained back about 20lbs, 185 lbs).
If you're good all week long, a few frostys on the weekend won't kill ya.
God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.......OOPS, wrong forum :220v: :rollside: :220v:

h2oski2fast
11-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Here's the key: Oatmeal and fruit in the morning, 2-3 hours later have a granola (breakfast - lunch snack). Lunch should be a salad and another granola bar 2-3 hours later. Then a mid day snack (fruit, or another granola bar) 2-3 hours after lunch. Dinner is the best a fist size portion of chicken, fish, or steak and ALL the salad you want (even with cheese and dressing) vetables anytime of the day (but take it east on carrot, they are high in sugar). I don't know if you see the trend here, it's called ABS: Always Be Snackin. You can substitute Balance bars for granola bars. Another thing is if you dont have salads around for lunch, you can go to the drive thru but be sensable. It's better to eat something, then nothing at all.
As for drinks, vodka & cran is the best. Any type of soda has toxins that your body has to get rid of, thus taking away from ridding the toxins created naturally while the body is burning fat.
This diet was set up by a person who trains motoX racers and has seemed to work for me. People have said that I look like I lost weight, and I have only been on it for about a month. I didn't weigh myself before hand so I can say how much I've lost, but I'd say it's in the 10-12lb range (and with going out drinking).
Good luck.

hoolign
12-01-2005, 05:56 AM
Everytime one of you quits...I have this need to increase my intake just to keep a balance... :p Now I'm going to have to have rum and eggnog scramblers.... :rollside:

Tom Brown
12-01-2005, 06:22 AM
When desperate, Bacardi and Diet Coke...I always say.
That is... during the times when you can still speak.

H20 Toie
12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Everytime one of you quits...I have this need to increase my intake just to keep a balance... :p Now I'm going to have to have rum and eggnog scramblers.... :rollside:
Don't worry i won't quit for long, i plan on being just as drunk and stupid at the river again this summer :)