PDA

View Full Version : Tenzaloy impellers question

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-30-2005, 07:13 PM
There is a guy claiming that he has Tenzaloy impellers that are anodized. He also claims that they are stronger than aluminum impellers. I havent seen these before. Anybody know about these????

Oldsquirt
11-30-2005, 07:39 PM
"Tenzaloy" is an aluminum alloy. Can't see why it couldn't be hard anodized. As far as strength goes, we need to hear from Jetmugg(aka SteveM), our resident metallurgist, on that. :) Actually since Duane sells them at HTP, he could probably enlighten us, as well.

Squirtin Thunder
11-30-2005, 07:45 PM
There is a guy claiming that he has Tenzaloy impellers that are anodized. He also claims that they are stronger than aluminum impellers. I havent seen these before. Anybody know about these????
Are they still making those Tenzaloy impellers ???
What brand where you looking at ???
I think Major brass was making them for a while.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-01-2005, 05:51 AM
here is the link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Berkeley-Impeller-Tenzaloy-45-Stronger-Anodize-AVE_W0QQitemZ4594390538QQcategoryZ26447QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jim Brock
12-01-2005, 09:12 AM
looks like a aggressor empellor to me

HammerDown
12-01-2005, 09:51 AM
looks like a aggressor empellor to me
Yep, and looks to be the same thing in my pump...for the past 7 years.

Mighty Thor
12-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Why would you want the thing anodized? Is that mostly just for Bling factor or is there some good reason to coat an impeller with something IE paint or could you do a polish job on it and increase flow like on an intake manifold?

Squirtin Thunder
12-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Why would you want the thing anodized? Is that mostly just for Bling factor or is there some good reason to coat an impeller with something IE paint or could you do a polish job on it and increase flow like on an intake manifold?
Actually they hard anodize it to protect it. The surface resists small dings much better as well as burns. And then there is hard and salt water corosion that the hard anodizing protect the metal from, just like the Edelbrock Aluminum Marine Head.