PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu Toy Drive

HavasuBarney
12-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Listening to the radio this morning, a local station here in Las Vegas is holding an annual toy drive to benefit the kids in Las Vegas that would not have a Christmas otherwise. Their toy drive started today.
Our family ( who all live in Havasu ) decided to draw names this year and put a $100 limit on the gifts. Jennifer thought it was silly that we were giving each other stuff we really donÂ’t need and suggested we give it all to some needy families instead.
We got on the telephone and everyone agreed, weÂ’ll use the $700 - $800 and buy gifts for some families and deliver them close to Christmas. My niece works for the School District and will identify families we can help. By getting more people involved, we can help a lot more kids in Lake Havasu. There are certainly a lot of families that could use help.
My sister has volunteered her house as a collection point after hours and on weekends.
Kathy (928- 486-2950)
Boat Brokers of Lake Havasu (928-453-8833) has also volunteered to allow us to use their location as a drop off point for toys.
This is to help a community that we are all a part of. Today is the first day and IÂ’m sure weÂ’ll be needing help in all areas. LetÂ’s get some suggestions working and some toys collected and make this a great Christmas for all of Lake Havasu.
The idea is to provide wrapped ( new ) toys and label them for a girl or boy and age group.
Suggestions and help are welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help.
If you wish to reach me for any reason.
702-238-3429
:)

SummitKarl
12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Listening to the radio this morning, a local station here in Las Vegas is holding an annual toy drive to benefit the kids in Las Vegas that would not have a Christmas otherwise. Their toy drive started today.
Our family ( who all live in Havasu ) decided to draw names this year and put a $100 limit on the gifts. Jennifer thought it was silly that we were giving each other stuff we really donÂ’t need and suggested we give it all to some needy families instead.
We got on the telephone and everyone agreed, weÂ’ll use the $700 - $800 and buy gifts for some families and deliver them close to Christmas. My niece works for the School District and will identify families we can help. By getting more people involved, we can help a lot more kids in Lake Havasu. There are certainly a lot of families that could use help.
My sister has volunteered her house as a collection point after hours and on weekends.
Kathy (928- 486-2950)
Boat Brokers of Lake Havasu (928-453-8833) has also volunteered to allow us to use their location as a drop off point for toys.
This is to help a community that we are all a part of. Today is the first day and IÂ’m sure weÂ’ll be needing help in all areas. LetÂ’s get some suggestions working and some toys collected and make this a great Christmas for all of Lake Havasu.
The idea is to provide wrapped ( new ) toys and label them for a girl or boy and age group.
Suggestions and help are welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help.
If you wish to reach me for any reason.
702-238-3429
:)
great Idea, FYI, the bike and car clubs are doing a ralley next weekend here in town for a toy and food drive, also Interagency council is a great place to donate for children.....their buying power can streach your dollars a VERY LONG WAY!!!!!
have your sister go see "Tee Taylor" head cook at the high school, he's my V.P. for my car club and knows every charity and family in need in town

HavasuBarney
12-02-2005, 05:45 AM
I know my niece has mentioned Interagency Council, I'll make sure they make contact with Tee Taylor. All help is appreciated.
Now how about everybody else here?
This thread was pushed all the way to the forth page today. Is everybody too busy buying other stuff and meeting for lunch that they can't help out a little for some kids?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-02-2005, 05:52 AM
WOW!!!!! Jay how have you been???????????????? Im down for the toy drive! I will call you and help out. Great idea;)
396(michael)

HavasuBarney
12-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Everything is great.
It's been a bit of a re-grouping year for me but it's good to be back in the mix.
I've been lurking quite a bit without a whole bunch to say but I have noticed you out there kicking up a bunch of dust! :)

Ion
12-02-2005, 08:17 AM
I know my niece has mentioned Interagency Council, I'll make sure they make contact with Tee Taylor. All help is appreciated.
Now how about everybody else here?
Interagency Council has their "Adopt a Family" and "Adopt a Kid" program. I contributed to the latter via the Havasu Credit Union, who has little hanging cards with a kid's first name, age and wish list on it. One can pick up a card, buy something or everything on the card, return it before 12/8, unwrapped and have a nice holiday feel good.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Everything is great.
It's been a bit of a re-grouping year for me but it's good to be back in the mix.
I've been lurking quite a bit without a whole bunch to say but I have noticed you out there kicking up a bunch of dust! :)
I try;) pops said hello. He has been wondering about you. I have noticed that the good people always are hard to contact;) The idiots are always around......

Ion
12-02-2005, 12:46 PM
This gets a bump for the less fortunate kids' sake.

sorry dog
12-02-2005, 08:37 PM
thump