PDA

View Full Version : Stolen stereo equip. need insurance ?

ryantparks
05-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Bastards stole my stereo, amps, cell phone and whatever else I havent noticed yet.
It was parked in our gated condo complex in Bullhead and sometime in the night they must have jumped the fence and took everything. They didnt damage anything taking it out luckily but did burn a hole in the carpet with their cigarette. These f*ucking guys left their tools, a beer can and their joint behind, probably got scared off, so the police took those items they left behind to have them dusted.
I called my cell phone this morning and some women answered then hung up after a few questions thinking I knew her or something, dumb biatch. Called Verizon and they took care of that but now I have to go buy a new phone.
Ok so heres the question----- Will Progressive cover that stereo equip, burn in carpet, cell phone and other things I havent discovered yet?
I havent looked at my paperwork yet but I just wanted to try and get an idea of what the insurance co. is gonna not want to pay for, probably nothing.
I know my deductable in $1k and the stereo equip. alone is more than that and Im sure the carpet wont be cheap.
Thanks, Ryan

PlyaPlya22
05-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Bastards stole my stereo, amps, cell phone and whatever else I havent noticed yet.
It was parked in our gated condo complex in Bullhead and sometime in the night they must have jumped the fence and took everything. They didnt damage anything taking it out luckily but did burn a hole in the carpet with their cigarette. These f*ucking guys left their tools, a beer can and their joint behind, probably got scared off, so the police took those items they left behind to have them dusted.
I called my cell phone this morning and some women answered then hung up after a few questions thinking I knew her or something, dumb biatch. Called Verizon and they took care of that but now I have to go buy a new phone.
Ok so heres the question----- Will Progressive cover that stereo equip, burn in carpet, cell phone and other things I havent discovered yet?
I havent looked at my paperwork yet but I just wanted to try and get an idea of what the insurance co. is gonna not want to pay for, probably nothing.
I know my deductable in $1k and the stereo equip. alone is more than that and Im sure the carpet wont be cheap.
Thanks, Ryan
Sorry to hear about that Ryan...That's FOCKED!!

voodoomedman
05-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks, Ryan
All that stuff should be covered with Progressive. They even cover personal effects to a certain amount. Look at your policy or just call them. Unfortunately though you have to decide if it's worth it to file if it's going to raise your rate or something.

ryantparks
05-15-2006, 09:41 AM
I would hope that it wouldnt go up because its a theft claim and not an accident.

DILLIGAF
05-15-2006, 10:19 AM
I think you will need reciepts on the equipment.

a catered life
05-15-2006, 12:09 PM
for sale verizon phone still working and a complete stero system including amps to highest bidder :p
ps if you give me back my joint and halfa beer i will give you back your stuff
lmao joking
sorry to hear about your bad luck and f the focking losers who did it....i dont think the insurance will cover anything like that unless they knew about the stuff and they had it recorded on their records
good luck

DILLIGAF
05-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I am getting insurance on my new boat right now and as long as it is attached to the boat you should be covered. Of course you need reciepts for the components.

ROZ
05-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Progressive is pretty good about replacing audio equuiptment for like and kind or paying you out if you have the title..(title part maybe cars only)... I use to deal with them quite often replacing 12v a/v and never really had a problem comping products. Most likely they'll want receipts or manuals that indicate model numbers. When they inspect the boat for gear, they'll look for wiring, mounting holes, and "footprints" that indicate you had amps, changets, etc.
I don't forsee a problem with an honest claim :)

ROZ
05-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I should probably check with Allstate concerning our new system, since the replacement value is comparable with a mid sized sedan. :D
You'll need to make changes for sure.. They only insure up to 1k on custom stereo systems. What really sucks is that most factory deck replacement costs are more than 1k.. Some nissan and toyota decks are 1500 - 2400 ..
You can get additional coverage, but I think the standard additional coverage only takes you to 3k...
The coverage for your stereo system will have to be approved by someone higher than your agent..
They also tend to pull chicken shit bs, too.. Like tell you they won't cover seriously custom labor, and just reimburse the gear.. I remember a few show vehicles I assisted claims agents with that had in excess of 80K in gear and labor... They were totally documented systems..even with Allstate... none got full replacement. All went to some type of arbitration...

phxsleek
05-16-2006, 09:51 AM
I am in the same boat....(no pun intended) My boat got broken into and they took the amps. subs, ect. Did damage to my interior panels. I have American family insurance, and they said they would cover everything, and I could take it to the shop of my choosing. They said the premium only goes up if you had an "at fault accident". NOT for a theft claim. Hope this helps. :crossx:

ryantparks
05-16-2006, 11:02 AM
so I spoke to Progressive today and they said they will cover everything except my cell phone and I can take it wherever I want also.
$500 deductable which I can live with so all-in-all Im happy
I made a call to the Bullhead police after the chick answered my phone but I havent heard back from them yet and I received a call from one of the a holes she called on my phone so I have his # now also.
My wife cancelled the stolen phone so now my new one has the same # that the thief had called with the stolen phone. Not sure if that makes sense to you guys.

GHT
05-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear about the theft... That's F'ed.. But I have learned I had better check to see if my system is covered. This is why I want to have an RV / Boat Garage on the side of my house but I don't think anyone is very interested in doing only a garage.. :cry: