PDA

View Full Version : Allright, what do you guys think she is worth

Cole1313
12-01-2005, 01:07 PM
I would like some honest opinions on what this boat is worth. It has been for sale for a while and I would like to sell it soon.
Thanks in advance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly, I have to see my baby go. We just had a couple of new additions to the family and we need a bigger boat. It runs strong, looks great.
88 COLE T-DECK, 440, Blue printed Berkerly pump done two years ago. I have all paperwork. Bimini Top, new cables all around, last year. The boat we will available after this weekend. Most of you guys have seen this boat on the river and can most likely attest to how clean it is. I am not shy with the wax. I have kept the boat in the garage except for one summer.
I will deliver if I have to, within a couple of hundered miles.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole1313
12-01-2005, 01:10 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/25272003_0130Image0028.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/25272003_0130Image0133.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2527colerooster.JPG

Taylorman
12-01-2005, 01:15 PM
What kind of motor is in it? 440 what?

Cole1313
12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
What kind of motor is in it? 440 what?
Mopar

Squirtcha?
12-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Couple problems.
First.........it's the wrong time of the year to sell it
(others have mentioned this, so I'm sure you're aware).
Unless you're desperate to sell it NOW, you'll do much
better price-wise in the spring.
Second........You're trying to sell a boat to a bunch
of people that already have boats. Try doing the
boattraderonline, or the magazine.
You can pretty much rest assured that everyone who
sees it in/on either one, will be looking to buy a boat.

olbiezer
12-01-2005, 04:19 PM
your certinally not off base trying to get 8k for it......(to me anyway) like dan said wrong time of year and i have a boat.......if i had 8 k id be looking hard at it for sure....too bad i am retiring next year and have to pay off some bills first......... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: it would look good in my garage beside my real boat lol (hear we go!!!!!!)

mac28
12-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Not everyone online has a boat already. I was turned on to this site by a friend at the beginning of the year because I am looking for a boat. He said the people are great and the boat I decide to get will be well taken care of. Usually better than one from the trader. ***boaters seem to be fanatics and generally well informed. $8000 seems right to me for a cherry, turn-key jet. I'm looking at one right now that is very similar for $7500.

olbiezer
12-01-2005, 05:27 PM
very few boats better then this cole.get in touch with cole1313 i am sure he can make it right........

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Not everyone online has a boat already. I was turned on to this site by a friend at the beginning of the year because I am looking for a boat. He said the people are great and the boat I decide to get will be well taken care of. Usually better than one from the trader. ***boaters seem to be fanatics and generally well informed. $8000 seems right to me for a cherry, turn-key jet. I'm looking at one right now that is very similar for $7500.
Coles boat is clean. Its worth the $$ He might swing it for 7500. Did I mention that it comes with a free trailer :D :D

mac28
12-01-2005, 07:14 PM
If this other deal doesn't fly I will seriously think about it. It is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

mac28
12-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I'll tell you what...if one of you boys buys this quad for $6500, I'll buy the boat for $8000. www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94310

Squirtcha?
12-02-2005, 04:48 AM
Not everyone online has a boat already. I was
turned on to this site by a friend at the beginning of
the year because I am looking for a boat. He said the
people are great and the boat I decide to get will be
well taken care of. Usually better than one from the
trader. ***boaters seem to be fanatics and generally
well informed. $8000 seems right to me for a cherry,
turn-key jet. I'm looking at one right now that is very
similar for $7500.
My bad.........one exception (at least).
I'd still try boattrader if you're serious about selling it.
I've used it to buy my boat, buy dirtbikes for my kids,
sell a truck, and sell a dirtbike. Now I'm looking at class
C motor homes and Harleys. It's not that expensive, and
it works. The audience is structured in such a way, that
if they're looking at what you have for sale, they are serious
about buying whatever it is, it'll be in their pricerange, and
they're in your area. For the mostpart anyway.

YeLLowBoaT
12-02-2005, 05:11 AM
If you can wait til spring it would sell alot faster and for more money....Right now Its probly worth about 6k ish come spring 8k+ np I know not what you wanted to hear. Unless you Live in sac right now then its like 3k( damn rain)

Devilman
12-02-2005, 05:25 AM
C'mon Cole. Hang onto it couple more months, you'll have a helluva better shot when spring time rolls around. Somebody out there will be spending the winter months dying for a boat to hit the lakes when the weather turns good. And there yours will be! :cool: I mean, you may sell it now, but it'll prolly be someone just looking to take advantage of a desperate seller.... Know what I mean? Drag out with ya in the spring & slap a "For Sale" sign on it. I'm sure there will still be somebody left in the western hemisphere that, news of you selling your jet will come as a surprise to them...:D :D
As far as worth, I would think $8000 is a reasonable price. You should be able to pull something in that neighborhood no problem! :rollside:

Cole1313
12-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Thank you all, for your help. I was using the boat trader and did not have but two responses from guys who really did not know much about boating. Like Mac said, there are people here who either do not have a boat, or have a buddy who is looking for a boat. Usually people run with friends who have the same interest as themselves. So for ***boaters to have a buddy looking for a boat is not to far fetched. This price on this boat is not as important to me as having it go to a good home, and a person that I know would take care of the boat. Thanks again for all your thoughts.

Squirtcha?
12-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I was using the boat trader and did
not have but two responses from guys who really did not
know much about boating.
This surprises me. Not so much the part about them not
knowing boats, but that nobody's looking to buy in the off
season. This time of the year is a buyer's market for sure.
Although it's possible that they're looking for the $3000 fixer
upper like I was. I bought mine in the off season and it wasn't
the best deal, but not too bad. It started and ran anyway.
Like Mac said, there are people here who either do
not have a boat, or have a buddy who is looking for a boat.
Usually people run with friends who have the same interest as
themselves. So for ***boaters to have a buddy looking for a
boat is not to far fetched.
When you put it like that, your reasoning seems sound.
This price on this boat is not as important to me as
having it go to a good home, and a person that I know would
take care of the boat. Thanks again for all your thoughts.
You might want to be careful with that line.

Cole1313
12-02-2005, 11:21 AM
This surprises me. Not so much the part about them not
knowing boats, but that nobody's looking to buy in the off
season. This time of the year is a buyer's market for sure.
Although it's possible that they're looking for the $3000 fixer
upper like I was. I bought mine in the off season and it wasn't
the best deal, but not too bad. It started and ran anyway.
When you put it like that, your reasoning seems sound.
You might want to be careful with that line.
Agreed, there is obviously a floor, but the price will be less if I know the guy came from a good refferal source.