PDA

View Full Version : carb jetting- help please

swinger
05-24-2002, 04:39 PM
anyone have an idea on rochester quadrajet jetting? I just changed my 84 260 hp mercruiser to a vortec by changing to vortec heads and installing a edelbrock vortec performer intake and a 113941 crane marine cam . With this I have gained 10 MPH . The only problem is I have a momentary flatspot at takeoff. I did not have this before the new changes. I'm assuming the extra power that the engine can produce requires more fuel? Any Sugestions?

Infomaniac
05-24-2002, 06:13 PM
The only problem you have is need of more accelerator pump. Do not change the jetting for this !! Make sure yours is actually working first.
I need to look at a q-jet to see exactly how to do it. My first thought is drill the discharge holes a little bigger.
Anyone else know how to make a q-jet squirt more?

05-24-2002, 08:25 PM
There is some adjustment in acc. pump arm ratio that can be changed. If I remember correctly there should be 3 holes for the pump arm pivot.

swinger
05-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Thanks , I'll try to give it more stroke, but i'm not too sure about drilling out the discharge nozzles. If all else fails maybe a marine holley 750 vacuum secondary?