PDA

View Full Version : Holley Pro-Jection

cal-air
10-17-2003, 05:31 AM
Anyone ever install and/or use this system? Holley Pro-Jection (http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/502-20S.html) I know it's not boat related, but I'm seriously considering putting it on my '66 Bronco. Is it worth it? Any input is greatly appreciated!

78Eliminator
10-17-2003, 09:15 AM
How much is the kit?

cal-air
10-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Summit Racing has it for 789 dollars Summit Racing - Holley Projection (http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?p=743&searchtype=ecat)

78Eliminator
10-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Well, that's a lot of jingle. For that you can get a 5.0 mustang motor with EFI, the harness, the EEC and everything. IMO, I would go that way. I mean, sure you can bolt this on to your existing setup, but I don't know anything about this product and have never seen it in use. Also, if you get a mustang 5.0 motor, there are TONS of aftermarket parts you can get for it down the line.
Any other Ford guys want to chime in!?

78Eliminator
10-17-2003, 09:27 AM
[ October 17, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Blown 472
10-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Good idea 78, get the harness and everything, throw a 5.0l in there and get a chip burned from Reinhart automotive in FL and it would kick some ass, best part is you dont have to order parts from summit when it breaks down, just go to a parts store.

78Eliminator
10-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Yeah, Cal-Air likes to go wheeling and I think he is sick of the floats in strange attitudes. Also, he is driving his bronco to work these days and is looking for decent gas mileage.
EFI will give him the gas mileage and the off roading capabilites. Randy, have you decided on a transmission yet? You might want to buy a Geo metro or something to get you to work while you tackle this project. That or just take a week off of work and get it all done at once :D

cal-air
10-17-2003, 10:47 AM
78Eliminator:
Yeah, Cal-Air likes to go wheeling and I think he is sick of the floats in strange attitudes. Also, he is driving his bronco to work these days and is looking for decent gas mileage.
EFI will give him the gas mileage and the off roading capabilites. Randy, have you decided on a transmission yet? You might want to buy a Geo metro or something to get you to work while you tackle this project. That or just take a week off of work and get it all done at once :D I haven't decided on a tranny yet, probably an AOD.............I really think I may just buy that Holley setup. Living in an apartment doesn't leave me many options......like swapping the motor out. I've read alot of good things on the Projector, it's very popular among Bronco and Land Cruiser owners.

78Eliminator
10-17-2003, 11:00 AM
cal-air:
I really think I may just buy that Holley setup. Living in an apartment doesn't leave me many options......like swapping the motor out. I've read alot of good things on the Projector, it's very popular among Bronco and Land Cruiser owners. Cool. Well, let us know how it goes. I bet you can knock that out in 3 hours..... Take pictures.

1979tarva
10-17-2003, 09:12 PM
i would go with the mustang setup just because its better also if you have the 289 302 or 351w you can just bolt on the mustang style intaks and parts they all fit the same motor. i think a friend og mine has most of the things you need ill check with him.
the summit thing your looking at is only good for 275 hp and isnt very adjustable most of them run really rich i would at least get the 4di system if you have to get one.

Clown
10-18-2003, 12:54 PM
I have the projection 4BBL. Non 4Digital.
I bought the thing in 93 paid 600Dollars,
It has never crapped out on me !"Knock on wood"!
Yes I had a problem with the thing running REALLY RICH. Just adjusted the TPS to a lower voltage and walha!!!!
I cant complain the thing gets great gas mileage,Instant throttle response And starts all the time.
The system was fairly easy to install the wire loom is already made, just make the conections.
You will need to run a return fuel line to the tank.
[ October 18, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Clown ]