PDA

View Full Version : no roost

Riverat84
12-02-2005, 07:40 AM
hey does anyone know a good pump place to go to repair my hydraulic lift on my agressor pump? its stuck in low....which means it wont lift when i hit the switch. at least its stuck in the down position so i can still hit the water hehe...thanx for the help guys.

TRG
12-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Tom Papp in Corona is a dealer shop, im sure he can figure out your problem.
(951) 734-4606
Todd

Cas
12-02-2005, 08:02 AM
does it have enough hydraulic fluid in it? have you checked to see if one of the lines is plugged? does the motor sound like it's getting power to it? did you check to make sure the hydraulic cylinder is still bolted to the diverter?
I know those sound like stupid questions but I've run into each of those issues at one time or another. Each time the diverter was stuck in the down position.

Riverat84
12-02-2005, 08:04 AM
for sure, everything's fine, but the little motor does'nt even turn over or come on. the cylinder is still attached to the diverter in its closed position so its obviously in the down position so my boat can still hit plane quick after acceleration. the wires are all attached, but i did not check the lines or valves...ill check em, and then ill go somewhere. thanx for the help.

Riverat84
12-02-2005, 08:06 AM
right on cas, do you know of a place other than tom papp? ill check with them, but any others maybe closer? no worries tho.

Cas
12-02-2005, 08:13 AM
I'm in NorCal so I'm not too familiar with diverter pump repair shops down that way. I'm sure Todd's siggestion is a good one though.
Pump isn't being activated....I'd check the switch also.

572Daytona
12-02-2005, 08:26 AM
The pumps are essentially Bennett trim tab pumps, here's some troubleshooting info from their website:
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/trouble.htm
They also sell parts for it if you figure out what it needs:
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/partprice.htm

FuelInMyVeins82
12-02-2005, 08:35 AM
Marine Performance Design in Costa Mesa (949) 631-2040. Little bit closer to ya

YeLLowBoaT
12-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Really dump Q but are you getting 12 volts too the pump?? Also hows your ground? I just hate to see some 1 get a $300 bill over a rusted out wire....

old rigger
12-02-2005, 08:43 AM
for sure, everything's fine, but the little motor does'nt even turn over or come on. the cylinder is still attached to the diverter in its closed position so its obviously in the down position so my boat can still hit plane quick after acceleration. the wires are all attached, but i did not check the lines or valves...ill check em, and then ill go somewhere. thanx for the help.
Always check the easiest thing first. Take a look at the fuse.

Cas
12-02-2005, 08:47 AM
I'd also suggest one of these.
http://www.banderlog.com/products/powerRelays/diverterPowerRelay/images/withLabel.jpg
The Banderlog Diverter Power Relay
Feeds power to your trim pump directly from your battery.
Very simple plug-n'-play installation.
Does not need external diodes to work.
Works with any three way switch.
Built in fuse.
Complete kit includes wire, anchors and end connectors.
Jet boat hydraulic diverter systems draw their power for running the hydraulic pump from the battery through the ignition and the trim switches. These switches are typically mounted at the far end of the boat from the trim pump. This design is marginal at best. The Banderlog Diverter Power Relay changes all this. Using the Power Relay, only a small signal current is pulled through the ignition and trim switches. The power to run the pump and valving is brought directly from the battery to the pump.
How do I install it?
Installation is simple. Just mount the Power Relay near the trim pump where it plugs into the trim switch wiring harness. Break the connection, plug both ends of the harness into the Power Relay. Attach the relay to power and ground.. Your done. Power is now fed directly from your battery to your trim pump bypassing the rest of your boat's wiring harness.

LAFD
12-02-2005, 09:06 AM
i had a similar situation with my divertor but it was stuck in the up position. anyway after all said and done a ground wire came lose. it looked connected but wasnt. so a little sauder later and bam workie again.

Riverat84
12-02-2005, 12:34 PM
right on guys ill check the wiring a lil more and check the fuse. thanx for the help

placecrafttim
12-02-2005, 04:44 PM
what pump do you have? if you have the pump that aggresser sells then you need a double pull double throw switch. a single pull double throw switch will only work if you use a dp dt relay and then you need to know how to set it up. or you can get a hatch accelerater relay from rex that is all set up for you.