PDA

View Full Version : Got into an accident

NorCalCat
12-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Got into an accident on my way into the office yesterday. Taxi cab in San Francisco ran a red light and I T-Boned him. $18k in damage.
He starts apologizing claiming it is all his fault, he had a passenger. The passenger jumped out saying he did not have time for thisÂ…I called the cops, because right when the passenger ran off he turned his story 180 degrees around blaming me for running a red light. :mad: I can tell where this is going to go.

HocusPocus
12-02-2005, 10:10 AM
it sucks bad enough getting into an accident but it makes things worse knowing the other one involved is going to be lieing about what happend. good luck.

deltarat
12-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Are you OK? Were you in the Ford Truck? If so how did it fare? As far as the cab driver goes I say deport him!

HCS
12-02-2005, 10:39 AM
My wife got hit by this guy 2 months ago. The guy was all apologetic and everything. Said he was sorry.
Then he talked to his insurance company and his whole tone changed.
Happens every time.
Next thing you know the guy in the taxi will be hurt and will want to sue.

HYPNAUTIC
12-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Same thing happened to a girl in our office Tuesday. Minus the taxi cab, minus the passenger. Thankfully, 3 witnesses stoped and said the other car ran the red. The police issued the other driver a ticket for running the red at the scene.

abraman1326
12-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Damn NCC, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you are all right. It sounds like someone is going to be losing their meladion over this. Maybe he can go and buy a 7-11 after he sues you for all your worth. If you need somewhere to hide the boat beings he'll be suing you for everything you have, I'll offer my services and let you put it all in my name to keep it hidden. LOL, sorry, but I think we all know where this will end up. Were there any witnesses, and what did he admit to the police???
BRA

Seadog
12-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Had a Nigerian try to pull the same garbage on me. My truck was stopped, waiting for traffic, to make a left turn. This VW bug just plows into my rear bumper and rips his fender, running board and rear fender off. He was lucky in that I saw him coming and took my foot off the brakes just before impact. He tried to claim that I braked suddenly.

Sleek-Jet
12-02-2005, 12:45 PM
No chance that intersection had one of those handy dandy red light cameras is there???

deltarat
12-02-2005, 12:53 PM
No chance that intersection had one of those handy dandy red light cameras is there???
Good call, I think that most of the SF intersections have those now.

NorCalCat
12-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Are you OK? Were you in the Ford Truck? If so how did it fare? As far as the cab driver goes I say deport him!
No I was in my BMW. If i were in my Truckk there would be no Taxi cab driver to lie! I would have creamed him.
No one hurt, so I guess that is why we all have insurance.
Still pissed though! :crossx:

NorCalCat
12-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Good call, I think that most of the SF intersections have those now.
No camera in that intersection. I already looked for that. The funny thing is that it is so cut and dry, but somehow, he will screw me.

riverracerx
12-02-2005, 02:29 PM
No tip for him!

Chelle
12-02-2005, 03:18 PM
I rear ended someone last night....and I wasn't driving my car.... :(

maxwedge
12-02-2005, 11:57 PM
I rear ended someone last night....and I wasn't driving my car.... :(
So who were you "driving" then? One of the bench racers? :) :)