PDA

View Full Version : Whats the lamest traffic ticket you ever got.

Jeanyus
12-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Lots of ticket threads lately. So I thought I would see if you can beat these.
1.Unsafe lane change on a Schwinn.
2.Riding a snowmobile without a helmet. (on private property)
3.Helmet not properly secured to riders head. (street bike) The officer made a U turn in a blind curve, on a dangerous 2 lane highway, to pull me over.
4. Riding a VW trike without a motorcycle endorsement. (Ca. DMV does not require a motorcycle endorsement for a VW trike.)
I was guilty on all counts but the Judge threw out # 2,3,and 4.

BADBLOWN572
12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
I got a ticket one time when I was on 15 towing a trailer to the river. I was driving and dad was sitting passenger seat. I got pulled over for expired tags on the trailer. Cop ran them and showed that the registration was current. He then said that it was illegal to pull a trailer under a permit versus a liscense. We first asked for the county seat which we got and when we went to the court we said that we did not find anything under the vehicle code saying a driver on a permit coulnd't tow a trailer. Judge said he did not know anything either and case was dismissed.
F'ing A-hole cop drove from Indo to Riverside just to have the case thrown out and him look like a dumb ass.

Kilrtoy
12-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Pretty sure unless it was FULLY ENCLOSED, you got off because the judge did not know the law, you got lucky
27803. (a) A driver and any passenger shall wear a safety helmet meeting requirements established pursuant to Section 27802 when riding on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.
(b) It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a).
(c) It is unlawful to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a).
(d) This section applies to persons who are riding on motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycles operated on the highways.
(e) For the purposes of this section, "wear a safety helmet" or "wearing a safety helmet" means having a safety helmet meeting the requirements of Section 27802 on the person's head that is fastened with the helmet straps and that is of a size that fits the wearing person's head securely without excessive lateral or vertical movement.
(f) This section does not apply to a person operating, or riding as a passenger in, a fully enclosed three-wheeled motor vehicle that is not less than seven feet in length and not less than four feet in width, and has an unladen weight of 900 pounds or more, if the vehicle meets or exceeds all of the requirements of this code, the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and the rules and regulations adopted by the United States Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
(g) In enacting this section, it is the intent of the Legislature to ensure that all persons are provided with an additional safety benefit while operating or riding a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.

pjones
12-02-2005, 12:23 PM
RE: #3
It's amazing some of the maneuvers I've seen hwy patrol do
to get turned around and stop someone for doing 5 to 10 over the
limit. I know they're doing there job and I appreciate them for it but sometimes I wonder.

JackieV
12-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Pretty sure unless it was FULLY ENCLOSED, you got off because the judge did not know the law, you got lucky
27803. (a) A driver and any passenger shall wear a safety helmet meeting requirements established pursuant to Section 27802 when riding on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.
(b) It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a).
(c) It is unlawful to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a).
(d) This section applies to persons who are riding on motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycles operated on the highways.
(e) For the purposes of this section, "wear a safety helmet" or "wearing a safety helmet" means having a safety helmet meeting the requirements of Section 27802 on the person's head that is fastened with the helmet straps and that is of a size that fits the wearing person's head securely without excessive lateral or vertical movement.
(f) This section does not apply to a person operating, or riding as a passenger in, a fully enclosed three-wheeled motor vehicle that is not less than seven feet in length and not less than four feet in width, and has an unladen weight of 900 pounds or more, if the vehicle meets or exceeds all of the requirements of this code, the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and the rules and regulations adopted by the United States Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
(g) In enacting this section, it is the intent of the Legislature to ensure that all persons are provided with an additional safety benefit while operating or riding a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.
Way to much for me to read. I say you win Kilr!

Squirtin Thunder
12-02-2005, 12:27 PM
3.Helmet not properly secured to riders head. (street bike) The officer made a U turn in a blind curve, on a dangerous 2 lane highway, to pull me over.
4. Riding a VW trike without a motorcycle endorsement. (Ca. DMV does not require a motorcycle endorsement for a VW trike.)
So the cop endangers his life over a ticket come on now. I could see if he was a felon but for something like that not worth the time. And we are talking about my buddy Ron Cementhead !!!

HocusPocus
12-02-2005, 12:44 PM
i had just bought a brand new 1985 toyota pickup and lowered it (it was cool then). i got pulled over on the 10 freeway in the montclair area, the CHP officer proceded to walk around the truck several times check to see what all he could write me up for.
1. tinted side widows
2. tinted license plate cover.
3. too low in the front.
4. rear u-bolts that extened below the bottom of the rim. (yes they were too long and i should have cut them off).
easy fix-it ticket at the time just had to have an officer sing it off and send it in.
then i get back on the road and 15 minutes later i get pulled over again by a different CHP officer.. i told him i just been pulled over and givin a ticket. he took the ticket and walked around the truck a couple times, handed me back the ticket and cut me loose.
this one pissed me off.
a couple months later in the covina area. (same truck).
i was working in los angeles for an armored car company and commuted back and forth to the high desert. i had gotten of work at 9 pm and proceded to drive home stopping off at a convience store off the 10 freeway to get a soda and a bag of chips for the long boring drive up the hill. as i was pulling out of this big parking lot i decided i wanted to put away all my cassette tapes back up in the carrier, since i didnt like them laying all over the seat.
within a minute of stopping (in a parking space) two patrol cars pulled up and these two officers pulled me out of my truck and searched me and my truck. while doing so 2 other cars came up. i kept asking them what the problem was and they kept telling me to shut my mouth and keep my hands on the hood. i was there for 45 minutes before one of them said, "we had a report of a simular truck being stolen and we wanted to check it out." i guess the fact the truck and insurance was in my name, which matched my id wasn't enough, they had everything pulled out of my truck and left on the ground when they drove off.
i had never ever been pulled over until i bought that truck and had it lowered.. guess the thought i was a real desperado. :crossx: :crossx:

Sleek-Jet
12-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I got a reckless driving ticket once for wrapping my car around a tree... :mad: :220v:
it was total bullshit, that tree came out of nowhere... and who plants a tree in the middle of field anyway??? :crossx: :skull: :D :D

Kachina26
12-02-2005, 12:59 PM
I got a reckless driving ticket once for wrapping my car around a tree... :mad: :220v:
it was total bullshit, that tree came out of nowhere... and who plants a tree in the middle of field anyway??? :crossx: :skull: :D :D
My kid got a similar ticket for pulling out in front of someone. Oh yeah, she was doing 50 in a school zone! But, it was his fault. And the cop didn't mention on his report that it was an active school zone. I'm still waiting on the ammended report he promised me back in JUNE!!!!!!!!!

cxr133
12-02-2005, 01:14 PM
ummm............
this was many years ago
BUT i got 2 speeding tickets in the same day.. but we got pulled over 3 times.
going from glendale to hayward, ca. for a cousins bachelor party.
1st. pullover for speeding.. but rented car...lots of cash...limited amount of clothes in trunk.... non white minorities... WE FIT THE DESCRIPTION... so we had to wait while the occifer (spelled right) CHECKED the whole car, gave us a lecture on how he was going to find something because we fit the description. THEN had to listen to his speech on just becase he didnt find anything THIS TIME.. we still fit the description!!! SO we goet back on our way
2nd stop about 2 hours later.. speeding 75 in the 55. I saw this guy in my rearview mirror too.. so i slowed down for about 15-25 minutes so i thought we lost this guy or he lost interst in us.. So i speed back up and within 5 minutes... walaa (LOL) red/blue lights TICKET
3rd stop getting off freeway in hayward there is a hill right at the offramp and while we are going down it... walaa again.. motorcycle cop this time .... doing 45 in a 35.. ANOTHER TICKET...
SUX HUH but we made it from glendale to hayward in 4.5 hours!!

Squirtin Thunder
12-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Sometimes I think they(cops) think it is a game.

a catered life
12-02-2005, 01:28 PM
driving over the crest 2pm sunny as hell in the summer and this a hole with nothing else to do pulls me over and writes me a ticket for no head lights on--------i could tell he was hoping my licence was revoked or something cause when he came back for me to sign the ticket he said "i'm glad you didnt have any warrants or anything like that" i replied to him "not all of us have warrants sir" he just laughed..........this one cost me about $350 bucks

Throttle
12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
tinted windows.... wasted my time!

Cole91
12-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Tinted windows and no mud flaps. oh sorry I forgot no simpathy for a harden crook like me :cry:

HM
12-02-2005, 01:55 PM
I got a ticket by the AZ Highway Patrol when I was 17. My parents were staying at Mohove on a houseboat in Telephone Cove, and my buddy and I decided to go to laughlin on Friday night. My brother let me drive his new 1984 Lifted Red Toyota 4x4. License plate said "4 MYTOYS". Truck also had surf racks on it, and the side of the truck had my brother's logo of the Surf Shop he owned at the time "Seal Beach Surf & Sport." I was also blond back then with hair almost to my shoulders and my buddy had blonde fro looking crazy curly doo.
Well, my buddy and I hook up with some Needles local chicks at Laughlin, and give them a ride home. At about 3 AM, we decided to head back to the lake. Well, this AZ Highway Patrol spots the easy target that we were. He followed us from Needles (I didn't know he was following us) almost to Bullhead (that is what he told us). He told me he was doing 90 MPH and barely caught us. When he flipped on his stobe light, he was like a mile behind us. I told him...you were like a mile behind us....it is going to take you a while to catch something no matter what speed he was going. Well, he did not like my attitude.
Trying to keep this short. He starts to arrest me for wreckless driving. I talk him out of it by pointing out that I am only 17 and my parents are at the lake & can't be reached and I had the first day of school on monday. He ends up writing me 3 moving violations - that is the most they can write without arresting for wreckless driving. Speeding, passing in a no-passing zone, and passing unsafe. All of which did not happen. I think he was pissed to find us sober and no incriminating anything in the vehicle. We were on the side of the road for about 3 hours.
Well, my dad tells me not to pay the tickets. This was back in the day when states didn't share any information. The funny part was, the judge from Bullhead City hand wrote a letter to me telling what a bad kid I am and that I was not welcomed to drive in Arizona. Since I was 17, there was some kind of limitation on a bench warant. I never paid and never had a problem..oh yah, and I kept driving in AZ the whole time.

Sun burners
12-02-2005, 02:06 PM
TOO LOW,
I was not driving and the truck was not mine!
tried to explain but was told it was the same last name on the registration!

bunny 166
12-02-2005, 02:19 PM
I win!!!! Following too closely....
behind an officer :cry: :cry:
Hello traffic school and a whole lot of laughs from everyone there, including the instructor.... :rolleyes:

topless
12-02-2005, 02:36 PM
I win!!!! Following too closely....
behind an officer :cry: :cry:
Hello traffic school and a whole lot of laughs from everyone there, including the instructor.... :rolleyes:I got one of those one time but the lamest was for having AZ tags and a CA license.

Dribble
12-02-2005, 02:42 PM
I onnce got a speeding ticket for driving over 55 MPH on I-5. That sure was a stupid law.

Kachina26
12-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I got a ticket by the AZ Highway Patrol when I was 17. My parents were staying at Mohove on a houseboat in Telephone Cove, and my buddy and I decided to go to laughlin on Friday night. My brother let me drive his new 1984 Lifted Red Toyota 4x4. License plate said "4 MYTOYS". Truck also had surf racks on it, and the side of the truck had my brother's logo of the Surf Shop he owned at the time "Seal Beach Surf & Sport." I was also blond back then with hair almost to my shoulders and my buddy had blonde fro looking crazy curly doo.
Well, my buddy and I hook up with some Needles local chicks at Laughlin, and give them a ride home. At about 3 AM, we decided to head back to the lake. Well, this AZ Highway Patrol spots the easy target that we were. He followed us from Needles (I didn't know he was following us) almost to Bullhead (that is what he told us). He told me he was doing 90 MPH and barely caught us. When he flipped on his stobe light, he was like a mile behind us. I told him...you were like a mile behind us....it is going to take you a while to catch something no matter what speed he was going. Well, he did not like my attitude.
Trying to keep this short. He starts to arrest me for wreckless driving. I talk him out of it by pointing out that I am only 17 and my parents are at the lake & can't be reached and I had the first day of school on monday. He ends up writing me 3 moving violations - that is the most they can write without arresting for wreckless driving. Speeding, passing in a no-passing zone, and passing unsafe. All of which did not happen. I think he was pissed to find us sober and no incriminating anything in the vehicle. We were on the side of the road for about 3 hours.
Well, my dad tells me not to pay the tickets. This was back in the day when states didn't share any information. The funny part was, the judge from Bullhead City hand wrote a letter to me telling what a bad kid I am and that I was not welcomed to drive in Arizona. Since I was 17, there was some kind of limitation on a bench warant. I never paid and never had a problem..oh yah, and I kept driving in AZ the whole time.
Be careful when driving in AZ from now on. They just caught up with me regarding 2 tickets that I did not pay 15 years ago! They don't go away and they will hound you. They got me via my AZ boat registration I believe.
I didn't pay the tickets because they wouldn't accept the payments that I was sending in. They told me that I wasn't on a payment plan. I figured scew em if they don't want my money, I was leaving the state anyway.
I just found the press release on how they found me
March 21, 2005This week Phoenix Municipal Court will launch a new enforcement tool targeting some 360,000 defendants to assist in recovering millions of dollars in unpaid and overdue court obligations, some extending as far back as 1989. The Fines/Fees and Restitution Enforcement program, or FARE, is part of a statewide Supreme Court initiative to increase efforts to ensure compliance with court orders.
Search for your name
on this website (http://www.supreme.state.az.us/publicaccess/search.asp)
Good news, huh?

HM
12-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Be careful when driving in AZ from now on. They just caught up with me regarding 2 tickets that I did not pay 15 years ago! They don't go away and they will hound you. They got me via my AZ boat registration I believe.
I didn't pay the tickets because they wouldn't accept the payments that I was sending in. They told me that I wasn't on a payment plan. I figured scew em if they don't want my money, I was leaving the state anyway.
I just found the press release on how they found me
Search for your name
on this website (http://www.supreme.state.az.us/publicaccess/search.asp)
Good news, huh?
Well, mine was 22 years ago, and when I was 17. I have been pulled over a couple of times in AZ since and not had a problem. There is a statute of limitations and I beleive it is 7 years on traffic violations. Perhaps someone can send Alan an e-mail.

Kachina26
12-02-2005, 03:22 PM
= Perhaps someone can send Alan an e-mail.
I did, I was hoping it was like a bad debt. But, sadly it isn't. Did you punch your name into the website?

MAINEVENT
12-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Getting road head :rolleyes: try to explain that to moms when your 16 and living at home and she has to go to court with you :cry:

HM
12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
I did, I was hoping it was like a bad debt. But, sadly it isn't. Did you punch your name into the website?
I did. Nothing on the 3 tickets when I was 17. But, it does show a failure to appear for a ticket I got in 1999, which I paid AND did traffic school for. That is interesting to know! Guess I will be calling them to find out what I need to do.
By the way, there is such a thing as Statute of Limitations on infractions, and 15 years should have been well past it.

Kachina26
12-02-2005, 03:46 PM
I did. Nothing on the 3 tickets when I was 17. But, it does show a failure to appear for a ticket I got in 1999, which I paid AND did traffic school for. That is interesting to know! Guess I will be calling them to find out what I need to do.
By the way, there is such a thing as Statute of Limitations on infractions, and 15 years should have been well past it.
That would suck to get hooked up on an FTA that you took care of. Alan told me that there was no SOL on these type of infractions. I took him at his word, if anyone would know, I figured it would be him. Like you said in the PM, what would it have cost in legal fees to get rid of my $700 fine? Done and gone just like my money. Besides, I watered the money tree real good this summer :D

Ziggy
12-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Driving along minding my own biz, doing nothing illegal in my lowered road racer car. Yeah, it caught attention of certain eyes regularly.
Cop was driving the other direction and I saw him whip a U-ee and charge after me with lights on....I'm like WTF did I do.
He comes to window and asks for the normal stuff, all good. I asked what I did wrong and he said nothing I just wanted to check your car. WHAT???? Don't you need a reason to pull me over other than "just because"?
Well I had a Euro Plate on the front so he comes around after having circled my car twice and asks why I have no front CA. plate. By then I'm fuming because now he's made me late for work, so my response was "cuz they're ugly" ......opps, did I just say that? Needless to say I spent another good 20 minutes there with him picking at every little thing he could and made a list of bs little fix it chit. Anyhow I took it to my friend the LEO and he couldn't believe what one of his own did and signed it all off.

Brian Ray
12-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Ticket for no license plate on the front of my '96 Impala....a motor cop from Beverly Hills gave it to me. This was about the time we were moving up to Bakersfield so I went down to the Police Station in Bakersfield to have the ticket signed off (I had put the license plate back on).....the officer looked at it and laughed. He said, "I guess you were really breaking the law, huh." I laughed and said, "Yeah, I guess so." It only costed me $10......no biggie.
The other one is a camera ticket for running a red light my wife got while driving the Navigator. It came addressed to me as the reg. and title are in my name. I was pissed as hell because these tickets aren't cheap and there's really now way to get out of them. Plus I have never gotten a ticket before except for the above ticket. We both have very good friends that work for the CHP and Bakersfield Police Department. They said there is nothing they can do because an outside agency handles them. In this case the ticket is paid through a company based out of AZ (at least that is what it says on the paper work). Well, I was set to send in everything but while we were moving I forgot to send it in.....well it's been 4 months and haven't heard a word. I have since been to the DMV and renewed my licence, have gotten car insurance, and renewed a vehicle....nothing is on my record. So, it looks like I might have gotten lucky. Besides if they want there money so bad I would think something like that should come cert. mail.

BIGAMIST
12-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Got a j walking ticket for jumpin out of the back of a truck on to the curb............F Palm Springs :messedup:

Brian Ray
12-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Got a j walking ticket for jumpin out of the back of a truck on to the curb............F Palm Springs :messedup:
Nice avatar...got a bigger version? :rollside:

BIGAMIST
12-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Nice avatar...got a bigger version? :rollside:
Sure do :p

Jeanyus
12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
I got 17, starting from 1980, the ones from 1976 -1980 are missing. In high skool (1976-1979) I had a 69 Camaro, and a 1970 SS chevelle 454 4 speed. I got a ticket in the Chevelle for excessive smoke, if the cop would have seen me about 5 seconds sooner, he would have seen a killer burnout. It wasn't my engine that smoked out the whole street.
Today my driving record is spotless. Yes I have spent a lot of time in traffic school.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7221tickets.jpg

INFINITEJJ
12-02-2005, 05:02 PM
What year was # 4?

Jeanyus
12-02-2005, 05:05 PM
What year was # 4?
1990-1992

INFINITEJJ
12-02-2005, 05:06 PM
What year is the code?

H20 Toie
12-02-2005, 05:07 PM
It turns out there is some silly law about doing burnouts and the CHP did not have much of a sense of humor

Jbb
12-02-2005, 05:11 PM
While all the police depts...in Ca.....are busy writing these ...very important tickets ...to protect its citizens from the obvious criminals.....I am on your side Kilrtoy....really... :p
Who then, besides Lowriver,is dealing with gangs,robberies,drugs,all the ****ing piece of shit Illegals....ect...ect...ect.... :p

olbiezer
12-02-2005, 05:18 PM
going to school one morning i ran out of gas..pulled it over to the side of the road...go get some gas and when i com e back there is a fla highway patroll dick there ... he writes me a ticket for haveing one wheel touching the road.....(called it parking in the road).....explaine it to the judge and he shakes his head and says "go out the free door.case dismissed" at least the judge used some common sence..........

INFINITEJJ
12-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I've been thinking and I deserved EVERY ticket I ever recieved.
1- Ran a red light (16 y/o ,Did it)
2- Speeding (I was)
3- Tinted windows (they were)
4- Ran a red light (I did)
5- NOT YET
Been driving 26 years, NOT TO BAD, I guess?

paradigm shift
12-02-2005, 05:23 PM
No working horn fixit ticket does that count? :yuk:

Boatcop
12-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Let me clear up a couple of myths on "Statutes of Limitations".
These apply when the Govt. is aware of a crime being committed, know who committed the crime, but delay in filing charges. In Arizona it's 1 year for a misdemeanor or petty offense (AZ's version of an "infraction"), 7 years for a Felony, and no limit for Homicide or Misuse of Public Funds.
The traffic ticket is the same as filing charges, so there is no statute of limitations once a ticket or criminal complaint is issued.
The time also stops when a person is considered a fugitive. That is when a warrant is issued or a person fails to appear on a charge. So if you got a ticket and failed to take care of it, 1 year or 50 years later, you can still be picked up.
The Arizona Criminal Information Computer System automatically purges misdemeanor warrants after 5 years. But that doesn't mean that the warrant is no longer valid. It's up to the court to re-verify the warrant, and get it re-listed. A criminal warrant never goes away. It just gets de-listed in the state-wide computer system, but is still active in a file somewhere. Some courts are lazy about getting them re-listed, feeling that if they haven't been caught in 5 years, it isn't worth the trouble and paperwork.
They were purged, due to older data-storage capabilities, and lack of space and/or memory to keep them in active status in the system.
But now that budgets are getting tighter, and audits have shown a high number of outstanding warrants in the various court's files, they're getting them back in the system. The increase in the use of new technology also makes it easier and quicker to verify old warrants, and keep them in active computer files longer.
So even if you've been stopped in the past and an old FTA hasn't shown up, that doesn't mean it won't show up the next time.
If you've gotten a ticket, any time in the past, and haven't taken care of it, carry a lot of cash and/or the phone number of a good bail bonds company. You may need them.

Kilrtoy
12-02-2005, 05:31 PM
What year is the code?
Just walked in the door
01/01/1992
so he received this ticket after this law was enacted...
prior to this date, NO HELMETS were required
and Cali conducted a huge campaign on radio, tv and newpaper along with billboards and the like....

pixilatedpussy
12-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I was driving in my truck very dangerously & Kilr pulled me over & insisted a strip search!!!!! :220v: :p LOL!

INFINITEJJ
12-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Just walked in the door
01/01/1992
so he received this ticket after this law was enacted...
prior to this date, NO HELMETS were required
and Cali conducted a huge campaign on radio, tv and newpaper along with billboards and the like....
Just wondering, Thanks for the info.

Kilrtoy
12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
I was driving in my truck very dangerously & Kilr pulled me over & insisted a strip search!!!!! :220v: :p LOL!
DId he do a COMPLETE CAVITY check.....
Front and rear

pixilatedpussy
12-02-2005, 06:04 PM
DId he do a COMPLETE CAVITY check.....
Front and rear
Yes & he liked it!!! :crossx: :p

Kilrtoy
12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Yes & he liked it!!! :crossx: :p
Send him the up close pics, he lost his copies.....
hell he is still waiting for the pics from last time

pixilatedpussy
12-02-2005, 06:07 PM
:yuk: :yuk: :p :p Guess ya better show me yours first! :p Send him the up close pics, he lost his copies.....
hell he is still waiting for the pics from last time

ROZ
12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
I guess he is a good cop ! :D

Kilrtoy
12-02-2005, 06:18 PM
:yuk: :yuk: :p :p Guess ya better show me yours first! :p
Do you have a magnifying glass

topless
12-02-2005, 06:31 PM
I was driving in my truck very dangerously & Kilr pulled me over & insisted a strip search!!!!! :220v: :p LOL!Are you sure it wasn't because you were hauling ass with your poor vulnerable children in your truck without helmets and ice cream cones while they were not wearing seatbelts? :idea:

Riverkid
12-02-2005, 06:35 PM
If you've gotten a ticket, any time in the past, and haven't taken care of it, carry a lot of cash and/or the phone number of a good bail bonds company. You may need them.
Is there a reward for turning Holy Moly in? Maybe Brian and I will pull a kidnap date in the morning if the price is right... :idea:

Kachina26
12-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Let me clear up a couple of myths on "Statutes of Limitations"......................................
See HM, I told ya he explained all official like to me. I was convinced :D
Thanx Alan

Brian Ray
12-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Sure do :p
Care to share with the rest of us...... :) Totally understand if you don't. :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
12-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Illegale right hand turn. OK only 90% of the car was in the turn lane. That was my first ticket ever, mind you my car was a '68 Camaro drag car- damn it should have been for a first ticket exabition of speed at least. No braggin or tire smoke on that one for me. Just a dumb ass last min move.

Kilrtoy
12-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Is there a reward for turning Holy Moly in? [QUOTE=Miss Managed Assets]:
YES, the union bosses will pay big dollars for his secret location

HM
12-02-2005, 10:36 PM
See HM, I told ya he explained all official like to me. I was convinced :D
Thanx Alan
After some research, it is true that there is no statute of limitations in any state on traffic violations. Which to me, seems odd, especially when there are statute of limitations on more serious crimes. But, the seriousness of the crime (on traffic violations) has nothing to do the statute, but process of serving the "Criminal." So, I made a couple calls to legal cousel and did some online research as to why traffic violations do not recognize statute of limitations.
It is really a loop hole (and a legal one at that) that the government has, by accident. I mean really...why would they allow more serious crimes to have statute of limitations and things like traffic violations to not? How silly to think that much more serious crimes have a limit, but traffic violations don't.
The reason has to do with amount of time from the time the law breaking was committed to the time violator was officially served, which with traffic tickets is only seconds to minutes. On other crimes, they have to officially indict you and serve you, which may never happen, and therefore, there is a statute of limitations. Also, since you are given a court appearance, the Failure to Appear has no statute of limitations either. Back in the day, while there was no statute of limitations, most courts boxed 'em and said goodbye as it was not worth the effort. As Alan said, newer technology combined with bean counters are identifying a "pay day."
What is happening though, is that there is now some precedents in different states that have been beating this new found pay day under Fair Debt Collection Laws (but none in AZ that I could find). Another precedent that is being set is that when there is a policy(not law) in a court to basically not worry about violations of a certain age, and then that policy changes, they cannot make it retroactive. This is not my opinion, but actual precedent of court cases as several of these old cases have been won in a few states on these two points.
But, the reason most people won't fight it is because usually the court will just try to collect the original fine. Most of us weigh the cost of just paying it vs. the cost of fighting it, and say f'it and pay it, like Kachina did, and I would do. But there are a few people out there with money to burn that feel this type of loop hole used by the government should be fought, and I am glad there are people like that. Some people will say, you were guilty, just pay it. But others recognize that the statute of limitations was created so that citizens were not harrassed for certain crimes, especially very minor offenses and view this type of enforcement as pure harrassment of the public. That is why the laws on Fair Debt Collection are being used in these cases. Also, think about all the resources being committed, while much less than in the past, to going after the people on such minor offenses. I would say that if borders on perversion that any resources would be spent here and taken away from more serious law enforcement, especially since it is driven by potential revenue, and not that there is a need to bring these "criminals" to justice.
I would love to have a day in court with my 22 year old tickets from when I was 17, but in reality, I will probably pay them if they ever surface, just like Kachina did with his 15 year old tickets. I will just check the public records before heading out to the river so I don't have to deal with a suprise.

HM
12-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Is there a reward for turning Holy Moly in? Maybe Brian and I will pull a kidnap date in the morning if the price is right... :idea:
LOL focker. Don't forget you turned me on to my high power pellet gun with a laser site. I have killed about 30 wabbits now, and your fat melon would be an easy target. And if that doesn't work, I will just wrap you up in my christmas lights with foiled fuses and give you a nasty burn with melting plastic. All I need to do with Brian is throw a lawn chair out on the grass with a coors light and maybe a piece of polished billet and he will be down for the count. :D
Don't worry, I already contacted AZ authorities, about a ticket I got in 1999, that showed up on public records as a failure to appear, even though it was paid and I did traffic school. I have to go through my 1999 records and look for the charges on my credit cards as I charged both the ticket and the traffic school to a credit card. Gotta thank Kachina for posting that link to the public records.

gqchris
12-03-2005, 12:00 AM
I was sitting in my mini truck in the high school parking lot with my friend. We had gotten to school early and were sitting in the lot waiting for some time to pass, while listening to music. A cruiser pulls up behind my spot and proceeds to light em up. ???????? Comes over, starts with the million questions, and out of all tickets, he writes me and my friend up for "no seat belts!!" :220v:
Keep in mind, truck been sitting for 15 mins off, keys in ignition on ACC.
What a mornon, this guy even made us late for first class! Joke on him in the end, my mom was banging a judge, he had his secretary toss both ticks!
:)

C-2
12-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Impeding Traffic
Exiting an airshow, following the hand signs of one cop, looked over and saw another cop motion for me to go somewhere else…..I stopped in the traffic line for no longer than 5-10 seconds to decide what to do and cop #1 goes ballistic. The guy comes over and starts yelling at me, pointing his finger, just like that Twisted Sister video when that nutcase is yelling at his kid (yes, spitting slobber, bad breath and all). I had to wait about 45 minutes before he was free to write me the ticket.
Guess he was having a bad day.

C-2
12-03-2005, 12:24 AM
And in some lame-ass cities like Santa Monica - the damn parking meter person will write tickets on PARKED cars for cracked winshields, no front plate, thingies dangling from your mirror and who knows what else.
Came out from the court one time; I knew my meter was good, but saw a ticket on my windshield - no front plate and cracked windshield fix it ticket. Car next to me got it for the thingies from the mirror.
Anything to raise money for our fine citizenry :eek:

SandbarScot
12-03-2005, 12:45 AM
I have received nine tickets in my life and deserved every one of them. I'll bet most of you did too. Stop sniveling.

Riverkid
12-03-2005, 07:28 AM
LOL focker. Don't forget you turned me on to my high power pellet gun with a laser site. I have killed about 30 wabbits now, and your fat melon would be an easy target. And if that doesn't work, I will just wrap you up in my christmas lights with foiled fuses and give you a nasty burn with melting plastic. All I need to do with Brian is throw a lawn chair out on the grass with a coors light and maybe a piece of polished billet and he will be down for the count. :D
It's a different kind of hunting when the wabbits shoot back... :D
Oh, and I'll just promise Brian there are some dual carbs somewhere that need rebuilt and rejetted, and he'll leave that billet junk right there on the lawn (in the wabbit bloodstains)... He'll prolly bring the beer though.
We'll grab ya while your wife is explaining to the fine Canyon Lake FD how her hubby tried to burn the house down, and you're all tangled up in an extension cord.
That's some funny chit right there. Nice work. :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-03-2005, 08:28 AM
I have received nine tickets in my life and deserved every one of them. I'll bet most of you did too. Stop sniveling.
My lamest ticket was probably when I got pulled over by a HB motorcycle cop (lights, siren, etc.).
Of course, I was on my bicycle, and I was going a blistering 15MPH. He told me that I had run a red light (which I hadn't). So I took a day off work and went to court- it was dismissed.
So I guess I didn't deserve that lame ticket (at least according to the judge).
Did I deserve to have my time wasted?

HM
12-03-2005, 08:56 AM
And if Ike Turner was your husband, you probably say "Hit me again, Ike, and this time put some stank on it!!!"
:D

goneboatin
12-03-2005, 11:41 AM
I was in the parking lot at K-Mart in Temple City one night in '79, as I was driving down the parking aisle a car starts to back out of a spot, I honked my horn to let him know I'm there. As I get to the end of the aisle a Sheriff pulls in front of me with his lights on and tells writes me up for doing "about" 10 mph in a parking lot, and tells me I should have stopped to allow that other car to pull out. What a dickhead.
I had to go to Juvinile court with my dad, the judge had a major attitude and asked if I was drivng hazardously. At "about 10 mph" I asked, the judge looked kind of miffted, but still threw it out.
What a waste of time.

Boy Named Sue
12-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Impeding Traffic
Exiting an airshow, following the hand signs of one cop, looked over and saw another cop motion for me to go somewhere else…..I stopped in the traffic line for no longer than 5-10 seconds to decide what to do and cop #1 goes ballistic. The guy comes over and starts yelling at me, pointing his finger, just like that Twisted Sister video when that nutcase is yelling at his kid (yes, spitting slobber, bad breath and all). I had to wait about 45 minutes before he was free to write me the ticket.
Guess he was having a bad day.
Why did'nt you offer him a Mentos? Could have changed the whole experience! He might have cooked you dinner.

nhbuoy
12-03-2005, 12:25 PM
...yeah JBB & KILR...talkin all legal,... & blue,... & ...sh*t... :cool:

Mardonzi
12-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Consumption of Alcohol by a minor.. by consumption,, by admission....
Cop comes over to a K Mart parking lot that a bunch of us are playing Ultimate in. Checks out our cars,, no booze, no drugs,, finds nothing at all...
Cop asks us if we had been drinking.. So jokingly, being a smart assed 16 year old,, I say "yeah, I had a beer the weekend before...". Salt Lake cop writes a ticket and off to Juvi court I go... case dismissed. Just goes to show you how uptight Utard cops can be...
On a different note, the worst case of an officer endangering the public to make a traffic stop happened here in Page about 5 years ago... The way it was described to me by another officer was a DPS cop flipped a U turn to make a traffic stop right in front of a mini van with 5 people in it... No surviviors, including the officer...

Riverkid
12-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Brian's busy changing diapers, so I'm bringing a new partner in on this one...
http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/intro.php
:D :D :D

JustMVG
12-03-2005, 07:58 PM
When i was a kid i got a ticket for not having a "license" for my Schwinn Orange Crate bike!!!! Yup the lovely City of Burbank police officer gave me a ticket and i had to go to "safety" class up at the PD station.

Nord
12-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I didn't read this the posts here, but I got one for no headlights!!!!
WTF!!! Come on now...........

Kachina26
12-04-2005, 03:57 PM
If you've gotten a ticket, any time in the past, and haven't taken care of it, carry a lot of cash
Don't get me wrong here, as I'm not implying anything. But is the cash for a bribe, or are you able to take care of the unpaid ticket right then and there?

Boatcop
12-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Don't get me wrong here, as I'm not implying anything. But is the cash for a bribe, or are you able to take care of the unpaid ticket right then and there?
No bribe, but any traffic warrant will have a cash amount/bond/bail attached. You can pay the bond at the time of booking, so you can get right back out.
No, the cop who arrests you can't accept the bond. It has to be posted after being booked into jail. The jail will assign a date to appear in the issuing court, and forwards the bond money to that court with the paperwork.
The courts are also contracting with Collection Agencies, as outstanding fines/FTA bonds are considered a "debt". When our courts assigned a number of warrants to a Collection Agency approx 1/2 of them were settled within 30 days.
If anyone is unsure if they have anything outstanding, you might want to check your credit report. Most likely it will show up there.

24ROD
12-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Driving down Rice Road about 5 yrs ago. My son at the wheel of his Tahoe, I was riding shotgun. 24Rodjr sees CHP coming slows down just a tad......... CHP pulls him over for speeding claims he was going 75. CHP comes over to my side of the truck says is this your son? I say yes it is. He says I'm not going to write him up for speeding, just tell him to take it easy the rest of the way. I thank him for this. CHP says who's boat? I tell him it's mine. He says well on the other hand I'm going to give you a ticket. :mad: What for I ask? CHP says for pulling a AZ trailer with Cali Truck. :mad: Well I will say my son had fun with this one :)

HM
12-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Update on the Fugitive:
Paid my 1999 ticket today, even though I already it in 1999. I couldn't find my payment info and the ticket amount was not much so it was easier to pay it (I think they really understand the "easier" scenario most people look at).