PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Boats

Cole91
12-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Anyone know about these boats? good, bad, are they just stripped down Ultras? :idea:

ROZ
12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
There wasn't really much difference. double instead of tripple stitched interior, no stereo, only a few choices in colors and graphics, and a pacific trailer. 454 jet or 350 w/ alpha ...They were laid up the same...

bchbum
12-02-2005, 02:40 PM
They were made by Ultra until about 2003 , Now they are marketed by Lighting & the hulls are made by Genesis (sp) .

sigepmock
12-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Our buddy bought there 21 or 23 model. i drove it a few times and didn't get a great feeling about it. Lots of rattles, not the best rigging, I believe they use the old Ultra molds(previous models). He had issues with their customer service too but it was cheaper than our 21 Ultra. I guess you get what you pay for or maybe I'm just spoiled with Ultra great Customer Service :p
Also, not sure who made the trailer it sat on but whoever did ran a screw up through one of the bunks and it scratched/gouged the crap out of the bottom of his boat and Lightning wouldn't help fix it.
Something to point out now is that they have NOTHING to do with Ultra.
Just my $.02,
Chris

wedge44
12-02-2005, 03:07 PM
They were made by Ultra until about 2003 , Now they are marketed by Lighting & the hulls are made by Genesis (sp) .
Both companies involve the Van Beek brothers....enough said....there are plenty of threads on them clowns :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: ...wedge

bchbum
12-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I did buy an Ultra Lighting in 2002 21' jet , used it for 3 years & just sold it for $2300 less than I paid for it . We did enjoy the boat , just looking for something for the ocean ( can't get to the lake enough )

Infomaniac
12-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Mrs. Infomaniac loves her 2001 23XS Lightning. We just rolled over 100 hours on it this past year. No problems with the boat at all.
Titled it as an Ultra when we bought it. Books the same as any other 2001 23XS Ultra.

Flashover
12-02-2005, 03:49 PM
If your lookin for a great boat for the money, you need to check out Dana Boats. Check Check CHECK IT OUT..... :crossx: :crossx:

Ultracrazy
12-02-2005, 03:54 PM
If your lookin for a great boat for the money, you need to check out Dana Boats. Check Check CHECK IT OUT..... :crossx: :crossx:
I think a "spam" alert would be in order for THAT post :-)

dicudmore
12-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Both companies involve the Van Beek brothers....enough said....there are plenty of threads on them clowns :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: ...wedge
what he said :cool:

dicudmore
12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Mrs. Infomaniac loves her 2001 23XS Lightning. We just rolled over 100 hours on it this past year. No problems with the boat at all.
Titled it as an Ultra when we bought it. Books the same as any other 2001 23XS Ultra.
in 2001 your Lightning was actually an Ultra, and a good boat...
I would NOT buy a current Lightning

HocusPocus
12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
you always say that. :p

dicudmore
12-02-2005, 04:03 PM
There wasn't really much difference. double instead of tripple stitched interior, no stereo, only a few choices in colors and graphics, and a pacific trailer. 454 jet or 350 w/ alpha ...They were laid up the same...
WASN'T being the operative word here :cool:

ROZ
12-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Don't I remember someone posting a looooong time back something about a lawsuit with those guys? Wonder if that ever settled or just went away.....
:confused:

dicudmore
12-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I'll back up Don Slick here too...
I would buy a Dana boat any day of the week, nice boat and good people (atomickitn here on HB does the rigging for them)
I would NOT do business with the Van Beeks

Jyruiz
12-02-2005, 04:12 PM
If you are looking for a new boat, save yourself some money and look at the Hot Boats forum. There are some great deals there on some very nice used boats.

Mrs. casean
12-02-2005, 04:16 PM
If you are looking for a new boat, save yourself some money and look at the Hot Boats forum. There are some great deals there on some very nice used boats.
For what you'd pay for a New Lightning you could buy Outnumbered's beautiful 24' Ultra That I want :D I'd take that in a hearbeat over the lightning! And yes, there are a few great boats for sale on here that would be a great boat to buy!

dicudmore
12-02-2005, 04:55 PM
For what you'd pay for a New Lightning you could buy Outnumbered's beautiful 24' Ultra That I want :D I'd take that in a hearbeat over the lightning! And yes, there are a few great boats for sale on here that would be a great boat to buy!
don't forget my old 29' Cheetah...Stars & Stripes boat is for sale at Ultra too.
I think 50K would take it home :cool:
If I had it I'd buy it back from 'em

Mrs. casean
12-02-2005, 04:57 PM
don't forget my old 29' Cheetah...Stars & Stripes boat is for sale at Ultra too.
I think 50K would take it home :cool:
If I had it I'd buy it back from 'em
I thought it was sold! Well then there is another great one for sale!!! Good luck :D

BarryMac
12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
What excatly are you looking for? Like others have said there are a ton of Used boats right now and the prices on those is really good. Stay away from the current lightnings, they went to shit after Ultra sold them...

dicudmore
12-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I thought it was sold! Well then there is another great one for sale!!! Good luck :D
thanks Linds :cool:

Beer-30
12-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Anyone know about these boats? good, bad, are they just stripped down Ultras? :idea:
If you are looking at entry level, check out Genesis - in that ad he has on here, the guy is promising a 25' for $65K OTD. You will be close if not right on that price by the time you do a 21 with anything other than a 350. Now, with a Jet, you may be way below that, but you will quickly throw the rest of that money away on the fuel burn.
For that matter, he has the 24' cat for $44K OTD, demo price for a nice new boat. That's a steal for someone wanting to get into boating. Cats are nice and stable for families and such. Might be worth a look.
Plenty of guys with nice used boats on here, OUTNUMBERED is one.

dicudmore
12-02-2005, 05:09 PM
If you are looking at entry level, check out Genesis - in that ad he has on here, the guy is promising a 25' for $65K OTD. You will be close if not right on that price by the time you do a 21 with anything other than a 350. Now, with a Jet, you may be way below that, but you will quickly throw the rest of that money away on the fuel burn.
For that matter, he has the 24' cat for $44K OTD, demo price for a nice new boat. That's a steal for someone wanting to get into boating. Cats are nice and stable for families and such. Might be worth a look.
Plenty of guys with nice used boats on here, OUTNUMBERED is one.
Beer my friend...that is ORION BOATS with the 25' for 65K :cool:
Orion I would trust for sure...Genesis and or Lightning NEGATIVE

Flashover
12-02-2005, 05:52 PM
you always say that. :p
I gatta pimp the Dana. Lets sell some boats on here... :crossx:

Flashover
12-02-2005, 05:54 PM
I'll back up Don Slick here too...
I would buy a Dana boat any day of the week, nice boat and good people (atomickitn here on HB does the rigging for them)
I would NOT do business with the Van Beeks
Thanks Dan. I appreciate the good words... :crossx: Make sure to post some pics of your boat when they start on it... :crossx:

Kilrtoy
12-02-2005, 06:03 PM
If your looking for a great boat and the money, MTI is AWESOME
OOOOPS Sorry, that is not what you asked
I would never consider referring a friend or enemy to them

dm25advantage
12-02-2005, 06:23 PM
save up more money and buy a better boat
my two cent

knimie
12-02-2005, 07:26 PM
We bought a new 04 last year and I can't say enough about the boat or the service they have given us.

INSman
12-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Dana does in fact make a great boat, and I miss my 23' even today !! :rollside:

voodoomedman
12-02-2005, 11:05 PM
I gatta pimp the Dana. Lets sell some boats on here... :crossx:
Seriously! I ain't trying to start any arguements or anything. Just an honest question. Don't you think people get annoyed when you turn every thread about another manufacturer into a Dana thread. I mean by all means sell your product. But in threads about Dana or start your own threads. I mean if I was looking for a new boat and wasn't sold on Ultra I would actually consider a Dana. In fact I looked at them before I bought my boat but.... I would be a little reluctant just because of the annoyance factor. That's just me though. Anyone else have an opinion on this????? Like I said. not trying to start a fight but hey it's winter and at least it will be about something other then where everybody has had sex.

HM
12-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Seriously! I ain't trying to start any arguements or anything. Just an honest question. Don't you think people get annoyed when you turn every thread about another manufacturer into a Dana thread. I mean by all means sell your product. But in threads about Dana or start your own threads. I mean if I was looking for a new boat and wasn't sold on Ultra I would actually consider a Dana. In fact I looked at them before I bought my boat but.... I would be a little reluctant just because of the annoyance factor. That's just me though. Anyone else have an opinion on this????? Like I said. not trying to start a fight but hey it's winter and at least it will be about something other then where everybody has had sex.
Dana makes boats? How come nobody ever mentions it around here? :)
Yah, it is old. Perhaps we should start a thread about having sex on a Dana. Perhaps they will get lost in that thread forever, or atleast a week or two? :D

voodoomedman
12-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Dana makes boats? How come nobody ever mentions it around here? :)
Yah, it is old. Perhaps we should start a thread about having sex on a Dana. Perhaps they will get lost in that thread forever, or atleast a week or two? :D
Consider it done!!!!!!!!

bchbum
12-03-2005, 06:12 AM
I would buy a Dana, because thats my last name , people would think I owned the company . Still miss my Ultra , just waiting for things to settle down on the work front

Flashover
12-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Hey Sorry if you get annoyed, Just trying to get the name out and make people aware of our products. we are a small fish in a very large pond. Besides this is a boating forum, Every thread on here get twisted one way or another, at least we are still on the subject of boats and not something completly off the wall. I am just tring to plant the seed in some peoples heads so that maybe when the time comes they will check out Dana Boats thats all... :) :) :)

cc322
12-03-2005, 08:39 AM
I will agree with Voodoo here, everyone is proud of there particular model, but lets stick to the question asked, just mho.

Dribble
12-03-2005, 08:41 AM
At least we don't have to put up with Frenchie pimping Shockwave anymore.

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 09:47 AM
At least we don't have to put up with Frenchie pimping Shockwave anymore.
I heard their sales dropped 25% after he left HB, guess it went to the DOGS
JUST KIDDING

Beer-30
12-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Beer my friend...that is ORION BOATS with the 25' for 65K :cool:
Orion I would trust for sure...Genesis and or Lightning NEGATIVE
Oops. Got'em mixed up I guess.

voodoomedman
12-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey Sorry if you get annoyed, Just trying to get the name out and make people aware of our products. we are a small fish in a very large pond. Besides this is a boating forum, Every thread on here get twisted one way or another, at least we are still on the subject of boats and not something completly off the wall. I am just tring to plant the seed in some peoples heads so that maybe when the time comes they will check out Dana Boats thats all... :) :) :)
Understood. The only reason why it's kind of annoying is that it is a boating forum but for the last year there are not very much actual boating threads. I like some of the other topics but I love boating and talking about it and learning about it. So I don't really care if someone hi-jacks a thread about frenchie having a threesome on a Shockwave with a dog and a cat. What sucks is when there is actually a good topic of boats and they all turn into Dana. Seriously, starts a thread discussing Dana and I would love to read it and participate. But when they are discussing Cobra and Lavey and then half the thread is about Dana... I know alot about Cobra and Lavey and have my own opinions as well but I can always learn more from some of the more informed people on here. Of course I can also write off the comments from the opinionated folk who think that their manufacturer is the only one belonging on earth.

Flashover
12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Understood. The only reason why it's kind of annoying is that it is a boating forum but for the last year there are not very much actual boating threads. I like some of the other topics but I love boating and talking about it and learning about it. So I don't really care if someone hi-jacks a thread about frenchie having a threesome on a Shockwave with a dog and a cat. What sucks is when there is actually a good topic of boats and they all turn into Dana. Seriously, starts a thread discussing Dana and I would love to read it and participate. But when they are discussing Cobra and Lavey and then half the thread is about Dana... I know alot about Cobra and Lavey and have my own opinions as well but I can always learn more from some of the more informed people on here. Of course I can also write off the comments from the opinionated folk who think that their manufacturer is the only one belonging on earth.
;) :D ;) :D ;)

H20 Toie
12-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I heard their sales dropped 25% after he left HB, guess it went to the DOGS
JUST KIDDING
Now that is bad, funny but bad

Nord
12-04-2005, 07:12 PM
That genesis boat has been on here for like 6 months!
It must be a great deal!!!lol