PDA

View Full Version : 26 daytona

jimbo
12-03-2005, 04:29 PM
does anyone know the owner of the 2001 26' daytona for sale in scottsdale.
it is on the boat trader web site.. here is the add. i have talked to the owner
several times and i wanted to find someone out there who might know this boat.
jimbo

jimbo
12-03-2005, 04:36 PM
lets try this again..

FREIND OF AA AND TA
12-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Just by my 30 duh!!!

jimbo
12-03-2005, 07:25 PM
$50k??
jc

unleashed
12-03-2005, 08:04 PM
$50k??
jc
50K....Ummmm you better start looking in the penny saver!:D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

born2burn
12-06-2005, 10:17 PM
does anyone know the owner of the 2001 26' daytona for sale in scottsdale.
it is on the boat trader web site.. here is the add. i have talked to the owner
several times and i wanted to find someone out there who might know this boat.
jimbo
Jimbo-
Are you talking with Yasmin or her brother Dean?

convincor
12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I have talked to both. Dean seems like a good guy. I would like to hear a thrid parties opinion of the condition. Almost 400hrs, has been outside alot of its life and he says the sponsons have scratches. A little too far for me to take a chance. :cry:

jimbo
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
born2burn:
i have been talking with dean... he said the 496 only has 100 hrs. and the drive just a bit more, it has been rebuilt... he seems like good guy, bit of a character, but i guess we all are in our own little way.. he has a guy in arizona that is going to test ride this saturday.. i would be intereted, i just can't get down there until after the new year, i am up in nor cal. the pics he sent look pretty good, but i can't tell how old they are... he told me that a local guy did a test ride a week ago and walked away.... that did not sound so good, unless the guy has no clue on how a cat is to perform or feel... dean said no more free rides, he wants $500.00 up front and if no buy no refund, you gatta do what you gatta do, there are other ways of handeling the joy riders... i sold 15 boats on my own (no i am not a broker, just owned a lot of boat over the years, 23 years of ownership)..
jimbo :rollside:

jimbo
12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
convincor:
is that a 25 daytona on your avitar??
jimbo

pleasantcat
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I have talked to both. Dean seems like a good guy. I would like to hear a thrid parties opinion of the condition. Almost 400hrs, has been outside alot of its life and he says the sponsons have scratches. A little too far for me to take a chance. :cry:
do you boat at lake cumberland? have you seen my old daytona? the new owner seems to love it while im missing it badly :cry:

convincor
12-08-2005, 09:50 AM
jimbo, yes it is a 25 Daytona :)
convincor:
is that a 25 daytona on your avitar??
jimbo

convincor
12-08-2005, 09:52 AM
pleasantcat, I don't boat Lake Cumberland as much as I would like to but I do go there. I live about 6hrs from it. I have not seen your 25 there. You had the red one right? Is that were the new owner boats at?
do you boat at lake cumberland? have you seen my old daytona? the new owner seems to love it while im missing it badly :cry:

bajabri
12-08-2005, 03:41 PM
born2burn:
i have been talking with dean... he said the 496 only has 100 hrs. and the drive just a bit more, it has been rebuilt... he seems like good guy, bit of a character, but i guess we all are in our own little way.. he has a guy in arizona that is going to test ride this saturday.. i would be intereted, i just can't get down there until after the new year, i am up in nor cal. the pics he sent look pretty good, but i can't tell how old they are... he told me that a local guy did a test ride a week ago and walked away.... that did not sound so good, unless the guy has no clue on how a cat is to perform or feel... dean said no more free rides, he wants $500.00 up front and if no buy no refund, you gatta do what you gatta do, there are other ways of handeling the joy riders... i sold 15 boats on my own (no i am not a broker, just owned a lot of boat over the years, 23 years of ownership)..
jimbo :rollside:
I am the guy that was going to look at it this weekend...not until I read on here about the 500 deposit did I hear about it. I talked to Dean today about it, and its just my personal opinion but I'm not going to pay for the privledge of trying out something that I'm buying...especially something as expensive as this form someone I don't know. I offered to haul the boat, pay for the gas and the day out. Its 30 mins from water in PHX.
As far as condition goes the boat is in good shape, a few issues that at this price can be delt with. I'm a clean freak and picky as hell...so as far as that goes it needs help. It has been well used (400hrs).
Lots of cool adds (drive,steering,stereo)
Everybody I that I met have been very nice, definately a group of high end boaters.
(just for the record the guy who took it out last week made two trips from CA. to look at it)

jimbo
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
bajabri:
dean told me that a local guy was going out to test drive it.. it is certainly ironic that you picked up on this thread!! did dean shed any reasons why the other guy walked??
i still may be interested in this boat.. can you give me a bit of a run down on overall cond. the pictures i have have seem to show it in good cond, i do not know how old the pics actually are.... how is the gel coat, is it worn looking? and the interior, does it show 400 hrs??
does the engine look like it may have 100 plus hrs. (as he claims)
do you own a cat now??
so you are not going for a ride after all????
thanks for you imput..
jimbo
feel free to call me if you like (510)347-1146 work
:)