PDA

View Full Version : Parade of lights Friday night

imbndvs
12-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Havasu showed what a sh!thole it is once again!!! Most cities improve their events every year, not Havasu! The parade was a joke! Instead of one of the top 10 holiday events to see, it is one of the top 10 events NOT to go to!
The parade friday night was a JOKE!!! Anyone else feel the same way?
How can an event that brought national attention get so bad, I really don't understand.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
12-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Did you decorate your boat and get in on it?

H20Advantage
12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
I was bummed that we could not go this year because I have to leave for work in about 10 minutes. Now I don't feel so bad. Any pictures?

imbndvs
12-03-2005, 05:35 PM
No pictures, forgot my camera. Nothing worth taking pictures of except the first boat, which was the train engine that is always behind the Dixie Bell. They made some upgrades and did a really nice job.

hoolign
12-03-2005, 06:20 PM
every year I have seen posted on here ( past 3 anyways)has looked very cool!! what went wrong???

BigDoug
12-03-2005, 06:25 PM
We went friday night and they had about 30 boats, last year was 60 plus so it was a little dissappointing but still fun. :)

ULTRA28
12-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Just got back from tonights event. Traffic was crazy both going to it and leaving from it. I didn't get there for the start, but managed to see most of the boats. Wasn't as big as I thought it would be. Still a nice time out with the family. Don't think I'll be back next year though.

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 07:09 PM
I too just got back and the kids loved it....
IMBNDVS which boat was your again

hoolign
12-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Just got back from tonights event. Traffic was crazy both going to it and leaving from it. I didn't get there for the start, but managed to see most of the boats. Wasn't as big as I thought it would be. Still a nice time out with the family. Don't think I'll be back next year though.
OLN contract ??? :D

hoolign
12-03-2005, 07:11 PM
I too just got back and the kids loved it....
IMBNDVS which boat was your again
The one that was in shed "B" ... 4 storage yards back :rollside:

RiverRatMike
12-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Havasu showed what a sh!thole it is once again!!! Most cities improve their events every year, not Havasu! The parade was a joke! Instead of one of the top 10 holiday events to see, it is one of the top 10 events NOT to go to!
How can an event that brought national attention get so bad, I really don't understand.
Just got home from the Havasu parade tonight and I thought it was pretty good. Maybe a little better last year but it was still cool to see all the neat lights that people put on their boats

unleashed
12-03-2005, 08:02 PM
You should try Huntington Harbor...there show is 10 times better!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

12-03-2005, 08:39 PM
You should try Huntington Harbor...there show is 10 times better!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
date, time, directions

shadow
12-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Sh!thole Huh? :mad: I didn't see Friday nights Parade but was there for Sat.
Spent the day with Family and friends,the parade was no where near the previous years.Although the time spent in the channel with family & friends made up for it.Hopefully by next year they will regroup and come back with a better parade.
By the way imbndvs,If Havasu showed you what a sh!thole it is once again!!!
STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boa1277
12-04-2005, 07:45 AM
I like Newports parade, Huntington Harbor is also nice. Go to one of the landings and pay to get on a boat they actually join the parade and you will get to see what some of these people do to their homes, it is incredible the money they spend to look good for the parade.

shadow
12-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Newpot & Huntington Harbor are definately different caliber Parades.
A sight to see for anyone that hasn't seen them.

shueman
12-04-2005, 07:56 AM
On-Line Herald article...
Because of high winds, viewers at Windsor Beach and at the Crazy Horse Campground didn't see the Boat Parade of Lights on Saturday night. Parade Chairman John Richter decided at 5:30 p.m. to curtail the usual route for safety reasons, allowing entries to go only into Thompson Bay and Bridgewater Channel.
That halved the parade time, leaving a route of only about an hour from 6:30-7:30 p.m., said Shirley Richter, who helped organize the parade with her husband.
Viewers watching from the Channel banks were sheltered somewhat from the winds, she said. Richter wasn't sure whether viewers at Windsor Beach and Crazy Horse Campground sought alternative viewing sites.
Winds did not hamper the first night of the two-night annual event sponsored by the Lake Havasu Yacht Club.
Richter said she does not remember shortening the parade route in the past because of troublesome winds. “It's an unfortunate thing, but we had to do this,” she said.
Organizers scheduled an awards ceremony during a brunch at the Lake Havasu Yacht Club today at 9 a.m. The winners of the drawings for a pair of $500 cash prizes the Lake Havasu City Convention and Visitors Bureau donated will be announced at the ceremony.
State Rep. Trish Groe (R-Lake Havasu City), Mayor Harvey Jackson and Commodore Herb Gottellmann, were three of the five judges.
These boats won the top six awards:
€ Best of Show - Lake Havasu Yacht Club.
€ Governor's Award - Havasu Designs.
€ Mayoral Award - Elks Yacht Club.
€ Sponsor's Award - Campbell Boats.
€ Parade Committee Award - Kerber family.
A wards in six other categories went to:
€ First Timers - First place, Maintenance Overload; Second place, Gary Haines; Third place, Pete Borst.
€ Corporations - First place, London Bridge Resort; Second place, Hampton Inn.
€ Service clubs - First place, London Bridge Red Hats; Second Place, Lake Havasu City Community Emergency Response Team; Third place, Lake Havasu Lighthouse Club.
€ Families - First place, Nelson family; Second place, Mike Gryvnak family; Third place, Mike Stump family.
€ Boat dealers - First place, Ralph Howe Sales.
€ Youth organizations - First place, Desert Technology High School; Second place, Junior Lifeguards.
Three place winners were not given in each category.

waterwitch
12-04-2005, 08:11 AM
REALLY??????? :cool:
I'll remind you of this comment when I see you
In OUR SHIT HOLE again next summer.
Maybe next year, switch your focus, and make it about
your family and friends when you come up again.

SummitKarl
12-04-2005, 08:42 AM
nice 37th post :rolleyes:
Next year you should just stay in Vegas :crossx:
Yes this years show was smaller, due to the weather conditions, we had a bunch of wind coming from the Vegas direction, now can I see it was just a bunch of HOT AIR
Although the show was smaller it was just as enjoyable as any year past, the time spent with Family and Friends is priceless. congrats to the winners of the show,
and congrats to our own JORDY!!! for coming out of the closet and decorating his boat for the event :D :squiggle: :rolleyes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734jordy7.JPG

Highway
12-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Give some credit to those who decorated their boats and fought the wind and rough waters....There were those of us who watched with family and friends and had a good time.
Far as not coming back to Havasu...hey don`t tell us about it just do it !

Not So Fast
12-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Sh!thole Huh? :mad: I didn't see Friday nights Parade but was there for Sat.
Spent the day with Family and friends,the parade was no where near the previous years.Although the time spent in the channel with family & friends made up for it.Hopefully by next year they will regroup and come back with a better parade.
By the way imbndvs,If Havasu showed you what a sh!thole it is once again!!!
STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great reply, what he said double :chi: Go Boltz!!! NSF

Warlockjer
12-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Well said Traci :)

Kachina26
12-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I had a good time, gotta give kudos to anyone willing to launch in that wind. I wasn't about to take my boat out in that. I'm glad I decided to come out for the event. Oh, speaking of coming out, congrats to Jordy:D

cola
12-04-2005, 04:53 PM
nice 37th post :rolleyes:
Next year you should just stay in Vegas :crossx:
Yes this years show was smaller, due to the weather conditions, we had a bunch of wind coming from the Vegas direction, now can I see it was just a bunch of HOT AIR
Although the show was smaller it was just as enjoyable as any year past, the time spent with Family and Friends is priceless. congrats to the winners of the show,
and congrats to our own JORDY!!! for coming out of the closet and decorating his boat for the event :D :squiggle: :rolleyes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734jordy7.JPG
You should be nice to Jordy. I here it was expensive. Sorry to here the bad news, Jordy.
Late, Mike

wildbillg
12-04-2005, 04:58 PM
WOW your a F ukin idiot@!@
How long did it take for YOU to decorate YOUR boat and ENTER it in the parade?
If you DONT like our S H I T hole maybe you should stay out of it and let YOUR kids play in your city and enjoy the lights on the VEGAS STRIP? Maybe they will learn some family values there?
Each and every boat that you get to view in that parade are put together by persons who want to take time out of their lives to try and bring some enjoyment to others that may want to view their creations, maybe you are the best float builder in the world and you should VOLENTEER your time to building them next year if you didnt like the FREE show you watched next year?

Kilrtoy
. Oh, speaking of coming out, congrats to Jordy:D
OUCH :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sane Asylum
You should be nice to Jordy. I here it was expensive. Sorry to here the bad news, Jordy.
Late, Mike
What happened Mike???

cola
12-04-2005, 05:09 PM
What happened Mike???
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01049.JPG

cola
12-04-2005, 05:10 PM
What happened Mike???
Did you sell your boat ???

JB in so cal
12-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I stayed at Crazyhorse; about 9:30, I saw a Santa-theme decorated pontoon boat take off from the north channel entrance towards Havasu Landing. At the time it was about 30mph and 2-3 ft wind waves and 45 degrees. Guy just fire walled the throttle and headed home. You could see him all the way acorss the lake. HE thought enough about LHC to go through the trouble of entering and showing up!!

H20 Toie
12-04-2005, 06:29 PM
That sounds like a good time :crossx:

GHT
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
WOW your a F ukin idiot@!@
How long did it take for YOU to decorate YOUR boat and ENTER it in the parade?
If you DONT like our S H I T hole maybe you should stay out of it and let YOUR kids play in your city and enjoy the lights on the VEGAS STRIP? Maybe they will learn some family values there?
Each and every boat that you get to view in that parade are put together by persons who want to take time out of their lives to try and bring some enjoyment to others that may want to view their creations, maybe you are the best float builder in the world and you should VOLENTEER your time to building them next year if you didnt like the FREE show you watched next year?
Well said... We came down from Vegas and had, YET ANOTHER, great time...
It was great to hand with everyone all day Sat.. More good times ahead. Hope everyone has a great Christmas Season...
GHT

RiverRatMike
12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Shithole? I don't think so. Vegas is a shithole!

hoolign
12-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Shithole? I don't think so. Vegas is a shithole!
A shit hole is ....Oroville Washington :rollside:

Throttle
12-05-2005, 08:10 AM
what a flop!

Havasu_Dreamin
12-05-2005, 08:41 AM
what a flop!
Compared to previous years, yes, this years parade was rather disappointing.

riverroyal
12-05-2005, 09:13 AM
the wind and freezing my nuts off sucked,but it was great,I will go next year,Im not camping next to JB again though,I could hear him snoring all nite from my trailer

JB in so cal
12-05-2005, 09:14 AM
the wind and freezing my nuts off sucked,but it was great,I will go next year,Im not camping next to JB again though,I could hear him snoring all nite from my trailer
It must have been one of the dogs. I only snore when I drink... :cool:

riverroyal
12-05-2005, 09:15 AM
It must have been one of the dogs. I only snore when I drink... :cool:
cooler,lots of beer left,must have been the -20 degree wind

JB in so cal
12-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Just a helpful hint. This is the ONLY way you can include all of these words in a sentence. Any other combination will result in heavy doses of ridicule.

riverroyal
12-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Just a helpful hint. This is the ONLY way you can include all of these words in a sentence. Any other combination will result in heavy doses of ridicule.
english in the 9th grade