PDA

View Full Version : Gooooooooooooooooooooooo....GA. Bulldogs!

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 06:45 PM
For us in the SE yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 06:54 PM
I agree I think LSU was over rated, 3 rd come on ..... GA ... a good solid 9-10 ranking...no higher . Nice to see my Alma Mater pull through on a big game.
bring on West Virginia.....
and oh So cal . Congrats to USC, nice season.......My money is on Texas in the end though!

essexjet
12-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Did you watch the USC/OK game last season? You're trying to tell me that this Texas team is 40 points better than THAT team? That team was good. You guys will never learn. ;) Just be glad it's not UGA, LSU or Auburn, you'd get to see USC throw up 100 on somebody.
Bob, you know that west coast teams do not get the respect they deserve from east coasters

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:03 PM
come on...... you guys play in a league with no defense....I dont' buy it. Ga VS USC .....USC all the way, yes but it would not be a 50 point game! Do I think USC is # 1 ? Yes butt do I think Texas has a shot? yes! A football is not round therefor it bounces different each time......got it!

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Does your jet really do 82 mph? Damn, that's flying. :2purples:
Yes .... want to go for a ride? No shIATTT it really does ....Cosistantly 78-80 any day of the week , that speed was on a cool morning with about a foot of chop. Plus it is for Sale!
Bryan

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Did you see the game last year? They were calling that OK team possibly the best CF team of all time. Hah. The football doesn't bounce when USC plays, it never touches the ground. ;)
USC would beat UGA by at least 40 points.
I see you have been drinking toooooooo

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:11 PM
66-21 USC. Two TDs late by UGA keep them within striking distance of 45 points. ;)
Enough with the what if's..........
A friendly wager on Texas vs USC..........how many do you think USC will win by? lets establish a line now and we can get a friendly little wager going here......
what say you?

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:15 PM
OK . so you want 3 ponits........no I don't think so .....Even betting is more my style.....like you said .....how about a bottle of goose? even ponits.
Bryan

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:18 PM
You got it. But, if it's all the same, I prefer Belvedere. About the same price at most places.
Done ....PM me the Details and your Email .... always nice to have a friendly wager going on. all in good fun of course.
Bryan

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Of course. I just loves me some college football. I probably should live in GA or TN. :D
We live in Footballl land here...college that is. I hate Pro ball!
Bryan

essexjet
12-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Bob I'll be over for cocktails (with Belvedere vodka) on the 5th :D

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Bob I'll be over for cocktails (with Belvedere vodka) on the 5th :D
I am out of here..... I would say Essex wait until at least the 7,8,9 th or 10 th . I f I lose the wager it will take at least 4-5 days shipping! it 's not going overnight!
Bryan

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Wow, what about the ass kicking FSU is putting on VATECH?
Like I said the football bounces different each week. Go Noles.
Bryan

essexjet
12-03-2005, 07:51 PM
We should set up an IE football party for the 4th. I've got two HDTVs here. :D
I'm only 20mins away, I'll could be there.
Fight On!

THOR
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Did you watch the USC/OK game last season? You're trying to tell me that this Texas team is 40 points better than THAT team? That team was good. You guys will never learn. ;) Just be glad it's not UGA, LSU or Auburn, you'd get to see USC throw up 100 on somebody.
They would never do that to a top SEC team. Ever. Period. SC is lucky they play in the 5th best conference.

Ivan Dan
12-04-2005, 01:34 AM
They would never do that to a top SEC team. Ever. Period. SC is lucky they play in the 5th best conference.
34th consecutive win and you don't think SC is THAT good?

THOR
12-04-2005, 08:03 AM
The last time they played an SEC team, that team didn't score, if memory serves. :D
You and Dan are right. They are the best. But getting by ND and FSU were great wins. But try getting by Ohio State, Penn State, OU, Texas. TTU, Bama, LSU, etc week after week. SEC, Big 10, Big12 are far better than the Pac 10. That is no secret. And, before you tell me how many players in the league come from the Pac 10, there are many that deserve the same respect that come from other conference. Trust me, I am a huge west coast supporter, but I am also a realist. The pac 10 sucks compared to other conferences.

THOR
12-04-2005, 08:19 AM
If you knew as much about football as you claim, you wouldn't make statements like your last sentence. It's impossible for a conference to "suck" and produce so many top flight pros and have so many players drafted every year, year in and year out. The conference doesn't "suck", it's different.
It's a breeding ground for NFL skill position players playing in pro style offenses. These conferences don't need to adapt to each other's style of play, they only play each other once every couple years.
You say the PAC-10 sucks, but I'll tell you this, there's a whole lot more guys in the NFL from Stanford and Oregon State and Washington State than there are from Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Miss State. So, is the SEC really "better" from top to bottom? Very debateable.
Damn Bob, how much do you bench? :cool: J/k. But, I can tell you from watching many a game in the Big 12, SEC and Pac 10, the Pac is slightly faster on average than the SEC, the Big 12 is the biggest, and the SEC has the best defense. Top to bottom? I say yes. Bama and Floride would pound the middle of the road Pac 10 teams. Still debateable, but just my completely unbiased opinion.

THOR
12-04-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm built for speed. :D :D
I would tend to agree with your assesment of the conferences. I would also say the defense tends to look better in the SEC because they are a run first conference. It's pretty easy to gear up for a run-centric attack.
T. J. Houshmanzadah just lit up the Steelers. Where did he and Chad Johnson, Tab Perry and Carson Palmer go to school? :D
Where did rookie of the year Cadillac Williams go? Bo Jackson? Steven Davis? etc... I can hang all day

Old Texan
12-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Boys this debate stuff could go on forever. I'm in a bad mood. The Cowboys and Falcons just got beat. Ruined last night's high from the Texas Gergia victories. :cry:
The conference and skill position debates here leave out a bunch of long term programs in the ACC and Big East. Miami and Florida State have team speed over the years second to none. VA Tech comes to mind. Julius Pepper and the retired Lawrence Taylor from NC. LT was probably the best linebacker of all time. And Bob, LB is a skill position in today's game.
We could go on and on.
I've lived in the north, southwest, and south and seen alot of football at all levels. Major conference dominance runs in cycles.

Old Texan
12-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Bryan- Do you spend any time on Lake Lanier? We're out there every Sat and most Sun. during the summer

THOR
12-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Chefs
BTW Bob, I got that. Good pull.

Old Texan
12-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I will agree that SOME linebackers have skill position skills. Very few. LT, Derrick Thomas, Junior Seau, Ray Lewis come to mind. The truth is, those guys probably could have played TE, Safety or RB in the NFL is they really wanted to. Those guys are freaks. For my money, Derrick Thomas was the best linebacker I ever saw play and I watched Seau play every weekend since he was drafted.
Sorry the Cowboys lost, love to see anybody stick it to Eliar Manning. Cincinnati really helped me out today, now if the Broncos can beat the Chefs and SD wins, the Chargers will be sitting pretty.
Through the years I've often fantasized what would happen if you took 11 players from certain positions and played against 11 players from other positions and play them both ways for a game.
Kinda like 11 LBs against 11 wide receivers. My money would be on LBs and TEs. I just can't see RBs, QBs, Ss, CBs playing down positions.
Of course being an old lineman, I'd never bet against OLs. They are generally the brains and heart of the team. :D :D