by 10
Leinart will make up for a less then stellar performance againt UCLA

Bryan Rose
12-03-2005, 06:57 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/19057e_1.JPG
Who do you think is going to win?
Point spread?
Which player will have a big game?
I think they are both great teams! I must say though I have a feeling it will be Texas by 4...........if they can keep their quarterback in the game! no depth for Texas here.
Bryan

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey, doesnt SC have to beat UCLA first :rollside:

little rowe boat
12-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Longhorns by 14. Defense will decide the game.

Old Texan
12-03-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm predicting...............................pain.
USC by a couple TDs, maybe 4. Just too big and fast for Texas.
Bob my friend, you have apparently not seen the Longhorns play. Their team speed is topshelf. They CAN handle USC defensively and they will score their average 49 plus against an average USC dfernse.
Offensively both teams have speed and will score.
Defensively UT is far faster, look at national stats. UT 1 or 2, USC 40 something.
Big 12 wasn't all round tough this year but neither was PAC10.
This is gonna be one helluva a game.
As for Georgia, if DJ Shockley hadn't missed Florida game and wasn't quite healthy for LSU, we'd be looking at BCS controversy with 3rd undeated.
I certainly respect USC but it'll far more evenly matched than you think. This year's Longhorns ARE 40 better than last year's OU. OU was overrated.
Hook em' Horns

Old Texan
12-03-2005, 07:20 PM
"Where have you been Willis? That thrashing is long over" :D :D

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 07:23 PM
"Where have you been Willis? That thrashing is long over" :D :D
Parade of lights at the river....
Texas is way over rated... USC will do texas just like they did UCLA....
and finally lay to rest that they are #1 in the nation
OH bye the way USC SUCKS

Old Texan
12-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Money talks, bullshit walks. UT is "better" defensively because Big 12 are horrendous offensively. I've watched UT play probably five times this season. They are NOWHERE near as fast as USC at all positions. Maybe at QB, maybe. ;)
Statistics don't lie.
Weak PAC 10 and an overrated Notre Dame prove little.
I don't know what game you were watching if you don't think UT has superior defensive speed.

essexjet
12-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Big 12 wasn't all round tough this year but neither was PAC10.
The Pac 10 has 3 ranked teams in the top 11.
Big 12 has 2 ranked teams in the top 19.

Old Texan
12-03-2005, 07:55 PM
They're just not very fast. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. They're not. They LOOK fast compared to Texas Tech and Baylor, but TT and Baylor ain't UCLA or ASU. Those WRs, DBs and RBs from these weak sister PAC-10 schools will all end up in the NFL and all the WRs, DBs, and RBs from the Big 12 will end up working at Sonic. Statistics do lie. Those are the facts.
UCLA and ASU, yeah right.
My feelings aren't hurt because I know what I see.
Whatever the facts, the 2 right teams are gonna decide it and come 1/4/06 we shall see.
And come draft day we'll also see.

unleashed
12-03-2005, 07:59 PM
I've watched both teams all year and though Texas at times looks pretty good....the overall speed of USC will prevail. Another big 12 team thats gonna get whooped by the Pac 10 lets just hope they dont get embarrased like Oklahoma last year.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Red Horse
12-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Hookem horns is right. I am for Texas, Not only because I am fan, from Austin, but because they are IMHO the better team. USC is good and so is Texas. ANd if Texas plays like they did against A&M USC will beat them. But I dont think they will. When Vince is on his passing game USC wont be able to handle the long yard gains in moment by a fast Texas game. Not to mention the defense we have. All in all it is going to be a great game.
Oh, and by the way. If God aint a Longhorn, then why is the sunset burnt orange????
Fight Texas Fight.

Old Texan
12-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Barry Sanders, Ricky Williams, Roy Williams (2, 1 offense, 1 defense) come to mind. Defensive players by the ton.
Bet? How about a bottle of liquor? I'll bet even up.

12-03-2005, 08:11 PM
i hate texas all there teams, but usc better have there defense 110%
or there going to get beat

Old Texan
12-03-2005, 08:14 PM
That OK team was as close to a PAC-10 style team as the Big 12 has ever produced. Big, strong RB. Real pocket passer. Two big WRs headed for the NFL. This Texas team is Michael Vick and four scat backs. If you want to beat USC, you better be able to matriculate the football up the field with the pass. The pass in Texas is an afterthought.
Bob do you even know who Vincent Young is? Pass as an after thought, please.

Red Horse
12-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Did you watch last year's BCS game when OK got beat by like 50 points? Texas is nowhere near as good at the skill positions as that team was. Nowhere. Two of those WRs are in the NFL, I don't think any Texas WRs are on the NFL draft radar.
I was in the middle east last year this time. All I heard were scores and what the paper said 2 weeks later.
A few good players does not make a team. It is going to be a good game and I am looking foward to watching it.

Old Texan
12-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I specifically left off RBs because the Big 12 has had it's fair share. Roy Williams is kind of a stretch, don't you think? The guy's caught like 50 passes in his career. But, I guess Roy Williams is the exception that proves my rule. ;) Go Odessa Permian, Go MOJO.
Defensive players by the ton, almost all DL and LBs. Offensive lineman too. DL, LB and OL are not skill positions.
You're on. One bottle of liquor, $30ish limit. Straight up.
There are DB's a plenty.
Skill positions shouldn't be limited to the backfields. Today's defensive athletes are by majority skill players no matter the position. I don't know what games you're watching, but I see some big men running mid 4 40's and chasing down lots of "skill" players.
Roy is right there with Mike. Lions need some leadership to get these guys something to catch. Or could it be that PAC 10 impact QB, Joey Oregon? :D :D

Red Horse
12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
You need a TEAM of good players that work good together. Not just a few superstar NFL draftable guys.

Ultracrazy
12-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Been living in a cave Miguel?? Yes...they have to wait.....until they kicked their ass by 47......... :crossx:

Seadog
12-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Anyone that disses the Big XII doesn't know much about football. The biggest problem they have is that they spend all season beating each other up to the point that they are wore out at the end of the season. The Big XII plays rockem, sockem ball. The also have not seen the west coast offense as much as they need to be comfortable with it. OSU has had a bad year because they have gone to the spread offense (modified) and with trying to learn a totally new offense, plus the loss of several key players, it has been rough. Hopefully, OSU will be back in the bowl picture next year and maybe challenge UT and OU for the south championship. No other university has produced more top NFL tailbacks than OSU.

MagicMtnDan
12-03-2005, 10:58 PM
USC by 21. End of discussion.

SBullet
12-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Anyone that disses the Big XII doesn't know much about football. The biggest problem they have is that they spend all season beating each other up to the point that they are wore out at the end of the season. The Big XII plays rockem, sockem ball. The also have not seen the west coast offense as much as they need to be comfortable with it. OSU has had a bad year because they have gone to the spread offense (modified) and with trying to learn a totally new offense, plus the loss of several key players, it has been rough. Hopefully, OSU will be back in the bowl picture next year and maybe challenge UT and OU for the south championship. No other university has produced more top NFL tailbacks than OSU.
Sorry but USC by at least 14!!!!

Boa1277
12-04-2005, 07:57 AM
I remember last year,I had a customer from Oklahoma sitting across from me at my desk and I asked him about his OU class ring, he then proceeded to tell me about the as s whooping OU was going to give USC when they hooked up for the National Championship, alls I can say is he must have wanted to crawl into a hole after the stomping USC gave OU. Just remember that Texas fans...............

78Southwind
12-04-2005, 09:04 AM
To the Rose Bowl. USC rocks. We are recouping today from the game.
We have our rosebowl tickets, any other HB people going to be there?

framer1
12-04-2005, 09:16 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/19057e_1.JPG
Who do you think is going to win?
Point spread?
Which player will have a big game?
I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago and the spread was minus six USC. That of course was before both teams make it to the Rose bowl. If I was to guess I would say SC by nine. I bet one hundred at Caesars in Aug. that SC would win National title. One hundred pays 220. At least in Aug it did.

rrrr
12-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Gonna be a hell of a game. I hope the 'horns can hang with USC, but I doubt it. I watched the game last night (first time I had seen 'em this year) and was amazed at the size, speed, and skill of the USC offensive line.
My guess is USC by 10. :cry: :D

Old Texan
01-05-2006, 05:56 AM
I'm predicting...............................pain.
USC by a couple TDs, maybe 4. Just too big and fast for Texas.
1 Month Later: What a difference a game makes. :D :D

Old Texan
01-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Barry Sanders, Ricky Williams, Roy Williams (2, 1 offense, 1 defense) come to mind. Defensive players by the ton.
Bet? How about a bottle of liquor? I'll bet even up.
I specifically left off RBs because the Big 12 has had it's fair share. Roy Williams is kind of a stretch, don't you think? The guy's caught like 50 passes in his career. But, I guess Roy Williams is the exception that proves my rule. ;) Go Odessa Permian, Go MOJO.
Defensive players by the ton, almost all DL and LBs. Offensive lineman too. DL, LB and OL are not skill positions.
You're on. One bottle of liquor, $30ish limit. Straight up.
The old throat's a little parched from all that yelling last night. Need a drink.... :p

Bryan Rose
01-05-2006, 06:23 AM
I think they are both great teams! I must say though I have a feeling it will be Texas by 4...........if they can keep their quarterback in the game! no depth for Texas here.
Bryan
Missed my prediction by one point. Texas by 4 !
it is too bad Georgia Got there ass handed to them by West Virginia.
What a game!

mike37
01-05-2006, 06:34 AM
The energy in that stadium was unbelievable!! I have never seen anything like it! I worked on the Texas side, and they were the nicest, politest people I have ever met! The only rudeness I experienced for the day was from the USC fans! I honestly think there were more Texans there then USC fans! These people are DIE HARD!!! It was a great expeirence!! I'll post up some pics later!!
typical barbigrl always working the longhorns :D

Charley
01-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Old Texan.... you need to learn how to quote/copy and paste.... you have alot to gloat about my man! :D :D :D

78Southwind
01-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Great game Texas you are the only team I have seen that has been able to contain Bush. It definitely frustrated Bush he was trying plays that just didn’t make sense. USC’s defense could not hold back Young. However, I wish the officiating was a little better for a game of such importance.
I have to hand it to the Texas fan’s most of them seem to live for UT Football. I don’t think I saw a Texas fan sitting. Most of the Texas fans were considerate and polite. There was a really drunk Texas fan that was so drunk he fell through our camp (no damage) but he came back later after he sobered up and said he was sorry. I don’t think he every found his shoes though. :)

unleashed
01-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I've watched both teams all year and though Texas at times looks pretty good....the overall speed of USC will prevail. Another big 12 team thats gonna get whooped by the Pac 10 lets just hope they dont get embarrased like Oklahoma last year.
Deano
Im so freaking happy I was wrong....I hate USC(Im a poor UCLA fan). I went with my gut and won 2k on the game last night(my winning ticket is below)...took texas first half plus 4 and Texas at halftime plus 7...was worried in the 4th though but they pulled it out. The arrogance of Pete finally caught up to him....always going for it on 4th...hahahahah
INTERNET/-1 Ticket #8125652
Jan-4 5:23:00 PM
CFB STRAIGHT BET
[1473] 1H TEXAS +4-115 1150/1000 1000 WIN
WIN Jan-4 9:27:36 AM
INTERNET/-1 Ticket #8135475
Jan-4 7:32:00 PM
CFB STRAIGHT BET
[2473] 2H TEXAS +7-110 1100/1000 1000 WIN
WIN Jan-4 7:15:10 PM
Deano

Jordy
01-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Im so freaking happy I was wrong....I hate USC(Im a poor UCLA fan). I went with my gut and won 2k on the game last night(my winning ticket is below)...took texas first half plus 4 and Texas at halftime plus 7...was worried in the 4th though but they pulled it out. The arrogance of Pete finally caught up to him....always going for it on 4th...hahahahah
INTERNET/-1 Ticket #8125652
Jan-4 5:23:00 PM
CFB STRAIGHT BET
[1473] 1H TEXAS +4-115 1150/1000 1000 WIN
WIN Jan-4 9:27:36 AM
INTERNET/-1 Ticket #8135475
Jan-4 7:32:00 PM
CFB STRAIGHT BET
[2473] 2H TEXAS +7-110 1100/1000 1000 WIN
WIN Jan-4 7:15:10 PM
Deano
Congrats Deano. Charley said he was going to put 50 large on the game. Wonder if he did??? :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
01-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Parade of lights at the river....
Texas is way over rated... USC will do texas just like they did UCLA....
and finally lay to rest that they are #1 in the nation
OH bye the way USC SUCKS
Damn those words tatse good :)