PDA

View Full Version : WTF Tivo cut off the last 4 min of the USC Game

KLEPTOW
12-03-2005, 08:17 PM
[B]That's it!!!!! I don't need a service that does not serve me. This is the second time it has done it, cut off the last minutes of the game. Did it at the end of the SC Fresno state game too.
Wife had to leave the house and go shopping I was so pissed.
If you see a shooting star tonight, dont worry it's just my tivo unit.

KLEPTOW
12-03-2005, 08:26 PM
TIVO doesn't know how long the game is. :rolleyes: The game is "scheduled" for a certain time slot, 1:30-5:00 in this case. Anybody who's ever watched a pro or college football game, knows that the game almost always, like 99% of the time, goes past the listed end time. Just set the TIVO to record these particular programs longer. Not sure how to do it on TIVO, but on UltimateTV, I can select a recording and make it record over the listed time by 1 minute to 1 hour in one minute increments. I'm sure TIVO has something similar.
You would think tivo would have a global setting to allow this same thing, It doesn't. You have to make that modification every time you manualy start a recording.

Super D
12-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Dude,
that is the #1 rookie mistake with Tivo (It only happened to me like 10 or 12 times). You gotta go longer 'cause the games always go longer.
Next time...

KLEPTOW
12-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Just going to get a true digital recorder.

MagicMtnDan
12-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Just go into recording options and tell your TiVo to add 1 1/2 hours to your recording. I do that on every football game because they do go into overtime on occasion. :cool: