PDA

View Full Version : Nascar boat

H20 Toie
12-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I guess the mixup on ebay messed up the bidding there have not been any bids on it.

NashvilleBound
12-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I, even tho I was told not to (wife), tried to bid on it today....it will not accept anything under $85k...... I am sure someone will snatch it up at the last minute for that price. If it would have started lower I am sure we could have gotten everyone all worked up again.

NashvilleBound
12-04-2005, 07:10 PM
According to Steve and what I understand it was a misunderstanding about a Charity Form that Ultra failed to submit. They caught it and deleted the auction before even asking the seller.....worked it out within a day.....he relisted it at where the current price was. If you ask me it's a high start...as much as I would like to see it go into the hundreds.....(for the handicapped....hundred thousands) :rollside:

ULTRA28
12-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Ebay had pulled the auction because we didn't have a scanned letter from Victory Junction stating that we were invloved with them for the auction. It is one of e-bays rules. They never even gave us a warning. It only took us a half hour to get them the letter, but it was too late, they had already pulled it and would not reinstate the old auction. So we had to start over with a five day auction. I believe it's some political BS. There is a company that e-bay suggests using named Kompolt to run these types of auctions. Kompolt handled the PBR auction and charged OLN $15,000 to do it. We had nothing but problems with that auction (people not being able to bid, etc). So we decided to run this one ourselves, allowing us to raise even more money for the charity itself. Kompolt knew about the auction and I'm sure they weren't happy about not making their fee. The people at e-bay said they recieved a complaint about the auction, that's why they pulled it. I wonder who would have complained. :rolleyes:

Flashover
12-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Ebay had pulled the auction because we didn't have a scanned letter from Victory Junction stating that we were invloved with them for the auction. It is one of e-bays rules. They never even gave us a warning. It only took us a half hour to get them the letter, but it was too late, they had already pulled it and would not reinstate the old auction. So we had to start over with a five day auction. I believe it's some political BS. There is a company that e-bay suggests using named Kompolt to run these types of auctions. Kompolt handled the PBR auction and charged OLN $15,000 to do it. We had nothing but problems with that auction (people not being able to bid, etc). So we decided to run this one ourselves, allowing us to raise even more money for the charity itself. Kompolt knew about the auction and I'm sure they weren't happy about not making their fee. The people at e-bay said they recieved a complaint about the auction, that's why they pulled it. I wonder who would have complained. :rolleyes:
$15,000 to run the auction. that is lame, Thats alot of money that could be used for something much better..

ULTRA28
12-05-2005, 09:20 AM
$15,000 to run the auction. that is lame, Thats alot of money that could be used for something much better..
Exactly! I'm not even sure what they did for the money. It's just $15,000 less that the charity ends up getting. From what I understand, the person that owns Komplot used to be someone high up at e-bay.

Flashover
12-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Exactly! I'm not even sure what they did for the money. It's just $15,000 less that the charity ends up getting. From what I understand, the person that owns Komplot used to be someone high up at e-bay.
That figures, Doesent sound very fair to the seller..

H20 Toie
12-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Sombody bid on it $85,100

Supultlbich
12-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Sounds like Komplot is being run by the guy that used to be the head of FEMA!!!!!!

rvrtoy
12-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Only a little over 8 hours left!! Someone is going to get a smokin deal on 1 sick boat!!

Squirtin Thunder
12-06-2005, 11:08 AM
It might help if the new link is posted !!!

H20 Toie
12-06-2005, 11:18 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ULTRA-CUSTOM-BOAT-for-NASCAR-CHARITY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63685QQitemZ459 4988659QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
but how come the bid is back down to 85k it was 85,100 before

Squirtin Thunder
12-06-2005, 02:58 PM
:cool:

H20 Toie
12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
only 1 hour left

rvrtoy
12-06-2005, 05:25 PM
15 minutes left and counting.....

NashvilleBound
12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Deal of the year.......

SoCal_fun
12-06-2005, 05:36 PM
JBR, whhats up?? I thought you were in on this thing? I wish I had $85,200 sitting in the bank!!
5 mins. left, get on it! :)

Magic34
12-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Finished at $94,500

rvrtoy
12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
$94,500 is what it sold for!!! :D :D

NashvilleBound
12-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Thats cool.....I was afraid it was going to stay in the 80's.... Someone still got a smoking deal.....
The icmtoys profile looks fishy to me...................................

SoCal_fun
12-06-2005, 05:51 PM
So who's ICMTOYS, anybody know?? No feedback on this guy? :rolleyes:

rvrtoy
12-06-2005, 05:56 PM
icmtoys is a die hard nascar fan and a local racer here in san Diego. I have already been in contact with him and have met him face to face a few times. It is all good. He and his family are excited and will be in the showroom tomorrow morning. BTW they are just finishing up thier house in Havasu so look for this boat on the water this summer!!!

AZKC
12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Good for him sounds like he'll enjoy it :)

SoCal_fun
12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Good for them then!! :)
I was hoping JetBoatRich was still gonna be in the running so I could get some free rides and borrow it on the weekends... lol!! Dang it!!
Looks like a nice deal!

Squirtin Thunder
12-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Good job Ultra Boats. I am sure Patty & Kyle Petty and all of those wonderfull kids will thank you for your hudge donation.

Johnwithjm
12-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Congrats to the new owner. That is an awsome boat. This is great donation for all the kids. Hats of to you JW.

voodoomedman
12-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Congrats to the new owner. That is an awsome boat. This is great donation for all the kids. Hats of to you JW.
Hey the forums are not for kissing up to the bossman! :D
J/K Charity is always good stuff. Can't wait to see that sweet gel on the water.

mbrown2
12-06-2005, 10:47 PM
KomPLOT ......
Sounds kind of fishy...
Good job on the auction...John.

Flashover
12-07-2005, 06:11 AM
icmtoys is a die hard nascar fan and a local racer here in san Diego. I have already been in contact with him and have met him face to face a few times. It is all good. He and his family are excited and will be in the showroom tomorrow morning. BTW they are just finishing up thier house in Havasu so look for this boat on the water this summer!!!
Thats great news.. The Victory Junction Gang Camp is a very wonderful place for children to go and it is nice to see them recieve some money to pay for some of there operating costs. great job to everyone involved and congradulations to the new owner... :crossx: :crossx:

JetBoatRich
12-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Good for them then!! :)
I was hoping JetBoatRich was still gonna be in the running so I could get some free rides and borrow it on the weekends... lol!! Dang it!!
Looks like a nice deal!
I missed the (second)auction, went out of town for a few days :rollside:
The guy got an awesome deal, congratulations to him :cool:

shueman
12-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Great News...and a great deal...CONGRATS...!! :cool:

scarabrick2
12-07-2005, 08:25 AM
So it only really costs 65k to build a boat like that? It looks to me like 20K +/- went to the victory junction camp. I've been there when they had a fun ride(with kyle his son Austin and a bunch of Nascar drivers). The place is just awsome and the kids have a lot of cool stuff to help with the rehab. The King, Richard petty, gave the land to the foundation. Alot of people give to this charity and they don't want there name mentioned. But they have little signs all over the place thanking them. They're always looking for good people to help. Heck, there's evan a lake in the front.

ULTRA28
12-07-2005, 09:27 AM
So it only really costs 65k to build a boat like that? It looks to me like 20K +/- went to the victory junction camp. I've been there when they had a fun ride(with kyle his son Austin and a bunch of Nascar drivers). The place is just awsome and the kids have a lot of cool stuff to help with the rehab. The King, Richard petty, gave the land to the foundation. Alot of people give to this charity and they don't want there name mentioned. But they have little signs all over the place thanking them. They're always looking for good people to help. Heck, there's evan a lake in the front.
A boat like that costs a lot more than $60,000 to build. Many people donated product and time to this for charity, including Ultra, Mercruiser,Extreme trailers, Eddie Marine, Boat Bling, and others. We raised $34.500 for Victory Junction Gang Camp.

scarabrick2
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Thats great !! I hope these people that donated time and product get recognition.

JimmyBaja
01-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Looking for pictures of the Ultra Nascar boat. I love it. Especially the interior and sunpad. Like to use some of the ideas on my own project. :)

HOSS
01-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Sounds like Komplot is being run by the guy that used to be the head of FEMA!!!!!!
This is why I can`t bid on it. That guy that use to run FEMA gave all my free money away to people in Texas. Sum beech. :mad: