PDA

View Full Version : I want some opinions

boater012
05-15-2006, 11:24 AM
I sold a car to a guy from oceanside on ebay last week. A 1997 kis sephia my girlfriend had owned for a couple years. She quit driving it back in november and started driving one of my cars instead. The car sat here and had to meoved for streetwsweeping every week. She told me two weeks ago to seel it for her on ebay so I did. Again this was not my car and I only drove it to move it for streetsweeping.
I drove it to the car wash the day the guy came to pcik the car up but thats the farthest I went in it. Surprisingly had lots of get up and go for a KIA with 116,864 miles on it. anyways this guy is truned into a total jerk. give me your advice on if you think I took advantage ogf this guy I am including a copy of the ad from ebay. BTW he won the auction for $1325.00 and paid me cash and drove the car home to oceanside without a problem after getting new tires.
Vehicle Description
You are bidding on a used kia sephia with 116,894 miles on it. The car seems to run fine, it belonged to my girlfriend and she drove it everywhere. Excellent gas mileage 30-40 mpg depending if freeway or around town. We both have newer cars and frankly we are tired of moving it for street sweeping every week. We dont use this car anymore. It is definitely a used car and not a perfect one at that. I would say for its year and mileage it is in normal condition. I have taken several pictures so you can see the actual condition of the vehicle. The drivers side of the car has four or five small dings and one small dent that you almost cant tell is there until you get really close to it! The engine starts every time and runs great. This will be an as-is where is auction. The interior is actually in good shape except for the dash. it has some heat flexing on the top dash pad. If you are looking for something to get you to work until the gas rpices come down a little ( maybe never) then this is little car for you. I cannot guarantee that this thing will run forever for you but if you keep it up it may last a lot longer. the plates are from washington and expired in january of this year. WE WILL NOT SMOG THIS CAR. Although I dont see why it wouldn't pass smog I will not be responsible for that at all. IF The car is sold in california you will get a bill of sale that says FOR PARTS ONLY. I will say that it has NOT failed a california smog test or anything like that!!!!! The car has a newer pioneer stereo cd player. it is a five speed manual transmission and shifts well. all the windows roll up and down. The car has dual front airbags. The car does NOT have air conditioning. The heater does work. the wipers work. the speedo works . Everything the car came equipped with does work properly. It has crank windows and manual door locks (less stuff to break) The car does need some new tires (4-$99) the tires are the cheapest ones you can buy. (look at pic of right rear tire). the paint is in good condition and is not fading anywhere in the burgundy color. The tail panel between the tail lights is fading. The tail lights and the headlights all work. The blinkers work. the interior lights work. This car has a huge trunk for such a small car. It will hold four grown adults comfortably. The back seat is surprisingly large for such a small car. when you come to pick up the car you will recieve a clear title from washington state. If you bid you will buy this car or i will put a non paying bidder alert on you. This is not an auction to come kick the tires!!! IF you bid on this car, plan on driving it home when you pay me for it. I will take paypal for the first $200.00, the balance to be paid in cash when you pick up the car. If you think you are buying or looking at a brand new car you are mistaken!!! It IS USED and has some things that need to be done to it right away (the tire that I know of)... Other than that happy bidding and come get this great little car so I dont have to get up at 6:00 to move it anymore, Thank you for looking. Any questions feel free to ask!!!

XtrmWakeborder
05-15-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't understand how you took advantage of him. Thats probably the best description i've seen of a car on ebay. Oh and "as is" sticks out in my mind.

boater012
05-15-2006, 11:29 AM
He is saying the car has an oil leak that needs to be fixed and he also wants me to pay to have it smogged for him. I even wrote fpr arts ony on the bill of sale.
The ebay auction id is 4637185893 if anyone can make one of those fancy little link thingys for me id appreciate it.

looky_lou
05-15-2006, 11:30 AM
So how is the guy being a jerk?
Looks like the ad is pretty clear. As Is, Where Is.

C-2
05-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Tell him to pound sand on anything wrong with the car. You described it more than sufficiently.
Sure you're not on the hook about the smog issue? I thought it was sellers responsibility, and not an option. Not sure though :idea: :idea:

LAFD
05-15-2006, 11:33 AM
i think you described the car pretty good and the "as is" pretty much sumed up any loose ends this guy is trying to pull.

Big Kahunaa
05-15-2006, 11:34 AM
you buy used you get used tell him to go for a walk

Keithb87
05-15-2006, 11:40 AM
The ebay auction id is 4637185893 if anyone can make one of those fancy little link thingys for me id appreciate it.
Here ya go. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D4637185893%2B%26 fvi%3D1&item=4637185893)

Ziggy
05-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Those damn guys from Oceanside :crossx: :p
You were quite precise in your ad.....can't see what the issue would be other than him trying to ignore the facts you stated.

DILLIGAF
05-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I would be pissed if I paid 1,300 for a car and it needed tires...
jk of course. WTF does the guy expect anyhow? Seems like you covered yourself so I wouldn't worry about it.

Howie Feltersnatch
For 1325.00 you'll take it & you'll like it. If it were me I'd tell him if he want's to cancel the deal then bring the car back full of gas, subject to acceptance upon your inspection. He'll get his money back minus $1.00 per mile he put on it plus a $500.00 cancellation penalty, plus your ebay seller's fees.
If he's still game, then rock & roll. I doubt you'll here from him again.

Keithb87
Oh and I would say that you described the car well. including your intentions on the Cali Bill of Sale and the Smog issue. Dude needs to re-read the description and pound sand.

C-2
05-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I once sold a Honda with in excess of 350K miles on it. Same deal, I disclaimed the hell out of it, told the kid it burned oil etc. He put a supercharger on it; grenaded it and came back to me. DUH!!!!!

boater012
05-15-2006, 11:45 AM
He left me a negative feedback and said i put "blockseal" in the motor which I did not do. The antifreeze was more brown than green so I flushed the radiator and added new coolant. He laso stated that I LIED about the condition of the car. which I fell I put everything I KNEW about it in the auction clearly. Now he's telling me his friend is a mechanic and is going to write him a recept for repairs on the car for smog reasons for $1,500.00 and sue me for it! I only sold the thing for $1,325.00 Plus he sent me this email:
I've been going thru all of your ebay selling records and documenting all sales, buyers and items you've sold. Selling items in the State of California with out charging sales tax is a violation of the State franchise tax board laws. Not reporting them as income is a violation of Federal law. I've also notice the items you are selling and have contacted a few of the buyers and indeed quite a few are located in California. I myself keep a detailed transaction of all records on ebay and keep my taxes in perfect conditions per state law. I've been in the security industry for over 30 years with many clients in helpfull legal fields. Hope all your ducks are in a row because you may just be audited soon. I told you before that I never do things against the law but I know very well how to make the law work for me. It is my duty as a citizen to notify all State and Federal Tax agencies of any violation I may know of. And I'm only just beginning.
and he also sent me this one as well:
When you falsely describe ON-LINE a car for sale it is fraud
and this one:
You failed to mention quite a few things that need repairing. I'll let you know what it will cost.
Yer full of crap. You heard my offer today. You have one last chance to except it. I won't offer it again. You knew this car was f'd up and you sold it anyway. I don't care what you say. What's your deductable on your truck?
this last line got me pretty pissed of at the guy and i shot off a pretty enraged email calin him some pretty colorful things but I was under the impression that he was going to come by and f up my new truck
and this one:

topless
05-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Here's the link
Kia (http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D46 37185893%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=4637185893)

boater012
05-15-2006, 11:47 AM
thank you keith

RitcheyRch
05-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Dont see anything wrong with the ad that would cause him to come back to you. You stated clearly the car had issues. What does the guy expect for a used car with over 100K miles? As long as you stated in the ad and on the bill of sale that you are not going to take care of the smog you are fine. I sold a car last year and did the same thing and havent been hassled for it.

dicudmore
05-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Tell him to pound sand on anything wrong with the car. You described it more than sufficiently.
Sure you're not on the hook about the smog issue? I thought it was sellers responsibility, and not an option. Not sure though :idea: :idea:
smog is the sellers responsibility...however I think he has gotten past that since paperwork says FOR PARTS ONLY

RitcheyRch
05-15-2006, 11:53 AM
After reading that I would also have assumed he meant he was going to come by and do some damage to your truck. Hopefully he doesnt do anything but save the e-mail.
He left me a negative feedback and said i put "blockseal" in the motor which I did not do. The antifreeze was more brown than green so I flushed the radiator and added new coolant. He laso stated that I LIED about the condition of the car. which I fell I put everything I KNEW about it in the auction clearly. Now he's telling me his friend is a mechanic and is going to write him a recept for repairs on the car for smog reasons for $1,500.00 and sue me for it! I only sold the thing for $1,325.00 Plus he sent me this email:
I've been going thru all of your ebay selling records and documenting all sales, buyers and items you've sold. Selling items in the State of California with out charging sales tax is a violation of the State franchise tax board laws. Not reporting them as income is a violation of Federal law. I've also notice the items you are selling and have contacted a few of the buyers and indeed quite a few are located in California. I myself keep a detailed transaction of all records on ebay and keep my taxes in perfect conditions per state law. I've been in the security industry for over 30 years with many clients in helpfull legal fields. Hope all your ducks are in a row because you may just be audited soon. I told you before that I never do things against the law but I know very well how to make the law work for me. It is my duty as a citizen to notify all State and Federal Tax agencies of any violation I may know of. And I'm only just beginning.
and he also sent me this one as well:
When you falsely describe ON-LINE a car for sale it is fraud
and this one:
You failed to mention quite a few things that need repairing. I'll let you know what it will cost.
Yer full of crap. You heard my offer today. You have one last chance to except it. I won't offer it again. You knew this car was f'd up and you sold it anyway. I don't care what you say. What's your deductable on your truck?
this last line got me pretty pissed of at the guy and i shot off a pretty enraged email calin him some pretty colorful things but I was under the impression that he was going to come by and f up my new truck
and this one:

Keithb87
05-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Save the e-mail and call the local LE. See if they can do anything about his threat to your personal property.

moneypit
05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Tell him you will gladly take the car back, but you will have to charge him an extremely high rental fee.

boater012
05-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Save the e-mail and call the local LE. See if they can do anything about his threat to your personal property.
Thank you that was my second thought after my email calling him every name in the book. I did call them and they were here in like 5 minutes. (couldn't beleive it they rolled two units and four officers for it) Theya ll took a copy of the email and they tried to call him but he wouldn't answer his phone. They took a report on it and one of the officers told me he would follow up with the guy today and see if he answered his business phone.
The guy is a total jerk I beleive I did everything to describe the car in as much detail as I could with the knwoledge I had about what was wrong, I even left it open ended that it had problems. BTW I flushed the radiator AFTER he won the auction Beacuse when I washed the car I figured I'd better check the fluids and top off the radiator seeing as how the guy planned on driving it back to oceanside. I noticed the nasty coolant and flushed it for him trying to do something nice.

RitcheyRch
05-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Agree, take the car back and charge him a huge fee for renting it and then give the car to charity so you can write off the balance on your taxes.
Tell him you will gladly take the car back, but you will have to charge him an extremely high rental fee.

Jbb
05-15-2006, 12:07 PM
He has been in the security business for 30 years with clients in helpful legal fields ......lol...thats funny......30 year pro...looking to steal a Kia....
His "legal" friends will explain to him what the disclaimer "as is" means
He sounds like a big bag of hot air....Ignore him....

RAMROD
05-15-2006, 12:12 PM
It's too bad more people aren't as upfront and honest as you are. I went and looked at a 98 Audi a week ago that was described as excellent paint and interior and they told how well the car ran etc. I drove over 200 miles to pick it up. The car had been wrecked, the front bumper cover was torn loose on the driver side, the paint on the hood didn't match, the interior was supposed to be a white leather but was so filthy that it looked brown, the motor missed but wasn't a "tune-up" miss, more like blown head gaskets. The car had been sitting about 15 minutes and no joking, there was almost a quart of oil beneath it. When I layed under the front of it there looked to be some paper stuck underneath it. I pulled on it and there was some kind of adhesive on it, and then the oil started coming out almost in a steady stream. I pointed all this out to him, slipped him a hundred for his time and told him not to leave me any negative and I would do the same for him, but get the car fixed before trying to rip someone off. I also bought a Camaro described as perfect but took it anyway, put a paintjob on it, and 2 weeks later it spun a main. I bought a DeVille, mint but had a water pump leak and turned out both heads were cracked. If any of you are familiar with repairs on a Northstar, that one set me back over 4 Grand.
Anyway, seems you were honest and the other guy was a jerk. I now as well as anyone, there are a lot of crooks on ebay, and sometimes you just can't be careful enough.

ChumpChange
05-15-2006, 12:12 PM
smog is the sellers responsibility...however I think he has gotten past that since paperwork says FOR PARTS ONLY
I think we have a winner. It shouldn't matter what condition the car is in or what repairs need to be done to it.
You sold him parts.....not a vehicle.

moneypit
05-15-2006, 12:13 PM
When can we start contacting him through e-bay? I thought it would be nice to leave him a note asking if he would like to sell the KIa that he bought on E-bay.. I would offer him more than he paid for it... I bet the dirt bag would take it... :idea:

prop check
05-15-2006, 12:14 PM
It sounds like this guy has watched too much peoples court sitting inside his security booth at the local mall. I would guess he was crazy too start out if he bought any car in California for any price with out a frickin A/C :confused: Good luck with the ordeal :argue:

Scream
05-15-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't think you should loose any sleep over it. If you feel "threatened" by this guys bullshit, you can call the cops and give them a copy of your email from him asking about the deductable on your truck...sounds like a threat to me. They call that a terrorist threat if I'm not mistaken and it's a real serious deal.
If the tard sues you, counter sue and seek damages for the anxiety he's causing you.
Good luck
Scream :skull:

boater012
05-15-2006, 12:18 PM
It's too bad more people aren't as upfront and honest as you are. I went and looked at a 98 Audi a week ago that was described as excellent paint and interior and they told how well the car ran etc. I drove over 200 miles to pick it up. The car had been wrecked, the front bumper cover was torn loose on the driver side, the paint on the hood didn't match, the interior was supposed to be a white leather but was so filthy that it looked brown, the motor missed but wasn't a "tune-up" miss, more like blown head gaskets. The car had been sitting about 15 minutes and no joking, there was almost a quart of oil beneath it. When I layed under the front of it there looked to be some paper stuck underneath it. I pulled on it and there was some kind of adhesive on it, and then the oil started coming out almost in a steady stream. I pointed all this out to him, slipped him a hundred for his time and told him not to leave me any negative and I would do the same for him, but get the car fixed before trying to rip someone off. I also bought a Camaro described as perfect but took it anyway, put a paintjob on it, and 2 weeks later it spun a main. I bought a DeVille, mint but had a water pump leak and turned out both heads were cracked. If any of you are familiar with repairs on a Northstar, that one set me back over 4 Grand.
Anyway, seems you were honest and the other guy was a jerk. I now as well as anyone, there are a lot of crooks on ebay, and sometimes you just can't be careful enough.
Thank you ramrod. I had no intention of taking advantage of anyone at all. By the way guys ebay id is SURFNTECH. He states he owns a security company in oceanside called Secure Tech Services

RitcheyRch
05-15-2006, 12:19 PM
One of the ads where he was selling a camera lists his phone number.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6045459633&category=41969
Also, he was saying something about sales tax in an e-mail to you. I dont see anything in any of his ads where he asking for sales tax on any of the items he has sold in CA.

YeLLowBoaT
05-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Since you sold him the car for parts only, your fine. Now if you had sold him the car normally then you would be resopnable to have it smoged.

boater012
05-15-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't think you should loose any sleep over it. If you feel "threatened" by this guys bullshit, you can call the cops and give them a copy of your email from him asking about the deductable on your truck...sounds like a threat to me. They call that a terrorist threat if I'm not mistaken and it's a real serious deal.
If the tard sues you, counter sue and seek damages for the anxiety he's causing you.
Good luck
Scream :skull:
Honsetly if I was well right now I wouldn't let it strees me out at all. But I was diagnosed with a brain stem tumor that turned out to be cancer at the end of last year so im very weak and probably couldn't defend myself. Plus because I haven't worked in 6 months I have too much time on my hands to think about crap like this. AAARRRGGHHH I hate stupid people.

boater012
05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Go look at what he is selling right now lokk what he put down for a description
ebey item id# 4640140759
BTW how do you make one of those fancy link thingys y'all are so good at???

RitcheyRch
05-15-2006, 12:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Tahoe-1995-Chevy-Tahoe_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6156QQitemZ464019 0759QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Krazy K
05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
As long as you have a Bill Of Sale stating it is sold "AS-IS", he has NOTHING on you. My sister sold her blazer and the guy tried to come back and ask for repair bill compensation. It went to court and the judge asked if there was a bill of sale. There was and it was thrown out.
Like most people here have said, don't worry about it.

YeLLowBoaT
05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
As long as you have a Bill Of Sale stating it is sold "AS-IS", he has NOTHING on you. My sister sold her blazer and the guy tried to come back and ask for repair bill compensation. It went to court and the judge asked if there was a bill of sale. There was and it was thrown out.
Like most people here have said, don't worry about it.
Thats not true... "As-is" does not cover you. you need to say "for parts" or for "offroad use" anything else opening yourself up to a can of worms.

OCMerrill
05-15-2006, 02:07 PM
I would not be concerned one bit about seeing a Judge. At this point your buyer has him self backed into a corner. Show the Judge all the crap and you will get the case dismissed I would think.
People who try to steel should just be plain removed from the eco system. This is what he is trying to do is legally steel the car from you through "Scare Tactics". Tell him you done ang go file the small claims
That was a very well written add and I would protest the deal with Ebay.
As a seller I always smog my cars as part of the deal. They can't have it until I smog it. I learned this the hard way. No matter what the bill of sale says the smog portion is the sellers responsability unless its filed non opp for parts only.

UltraStealth
05-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Let him take you to court! He will have additional fees he will incur. Not only that, you can counter sue him for (stress and threats, if you were working time away from work). Even if you don't get anything out of him, this will not stand up in court. The judge will laugh. By the way, great description. Good luck.

CARLSON-JET
05-15-2006, 02:57 PM
I would also contact ebay and let them know this guy uses threatening emails.. That is against Ebay policy....He also says ***boaters are jackasses and to CALL ME AT 760-533-7946 AFTER 5PM but prefer 3AM..LOLOL R.B.

superdave013
05-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Honsetly if I was well right now I wouldn't let it strees me out at all. But I was diagnosed with a brain stem tumor that turned out to be cancer at the end of last year so im very weak and probably couldn't defend myself. Plus because I haven't worked in 6 months I have too much time on my hands to think about crap like this. AAARRRGGHHH I hate stupid people.
first off, sorry to hear about the cancer.
Second, I wish I new it was for sale as I might have picked it up for a parts runner for my shop. (Never should have sold my metro but who knew gas would go this crazy)
Third, That was a great e bay ad!
fourth, A lot of us are local. So if this a$$wipe brings it back just let up know when he's comming. I'm sure more then one Hot Boater will show up to make sure things don't get out of hand.
What an a$$hole that guy is. I'm going to ask him some questions about these auctions he has going. ;)

Flying Tiger
05-15-2006, 04:47 PM
"Yez Payz yur Moniez and yez takes yur chances"
- Popeye

Nord
05-15-2006, 04:58 PM
There are no lemon laws against as is..............if that was stated..........nothing to worry about.... Copy and paste some legal jargon about that alone and email it to him and call it a day!!!!
He just wants his money back and is trying to shoot holes in you.......
Stay firm and don't buy anything from flea bay!!!!

boater012
05-15-2006, 05:04 PM
My g/f just called and said he tracked her down on ebay and sent her a message. he stated that he was going to file fraud charges against her with the police dept. and have her arrested!!! what an ass. Doesnt he realize what as-is where-is means????? Just to be safe I called a friend who is LE and he stated that WE had nothing to woprry about. that as long as our paperwork says as-is he can't do anyhting. as far as the smog i can't be held liable (in his words) to make sure PARTS pass a smog test!

2Driver
05-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Maybe next time just unloading it to chairty might make better sense.

Jordy
05-15-2006, 06:26 PM
One of the ads where he was selling a camera lists his phone number.
CALL ME AT 760-533-7946 AFTER 5PM.
Isn't 3 in the morning technically after 5 PM??? :idea:
Note: Unless otherwise stated, all sales are as is.
As is huh??? Perhaps, and I'm just speaking hypothetically, someone could come up with some creative problem that they were having with the camera or something else he has sold, or even a sales tax question, and give him a ring at 3 AM to discuss it. Now, remember I'm speaking purely in the realm of the hypothetical. In no way would I ever suggest that anyone call this jackass at 3 AM because that would be wrong. :D

Nord
05-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Isn't 3 in the morning technically after 5 PM??? :idea:
As is huh??? Perhaps, and I'm just speaking hypothetically, someone could come up with some creative problem that they were having with the camera or something else he has sold, or even a sales tax question, and give him a ring at 3 AM to discuss it. Now, remember I'm speaking purely in the realm of the hypothetical. In no way would I ever suggest that anyone call this jackass at 3 AM because that would be wrong. :D
Bwahahahahahahahahha.............................

Ryphraph
05-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Someone could call up the city his business is in and make sure he has a business license and all his papers are in order...
Ryph

Tom Brown
05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
If there's one thing I respect above all else... it's swift and unyielding vigilante justice. :cool:

Tom Brown
05-15-2006, 07:52 PM
A guy that buys a $1300 car on eBay can't afford to take you to court. He won't win in small claims court anyway. Don't worry about. Don't respond to him and tell your GF to do the same. He'll go away.
Ya know, ShockwaveBob... sometimes you really piss me off.

boater012
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Ryphraph,
"The Alarm Service Company", Oceanside, 92054, but the phone is in Vista so I assume it goes to his home address. The DBA is no longer valid as he did not renew it when it expired.
Boater012, Is the f*cktards name Sherwood Thomas by any chance? age? Post his e-mail address or any other info you might have and maybe he'll find out how it feels "to be f*cked with"!
Rio
The name he gave me was Dana Dutcher. His email address at work is Alarmeservice@cs.com, The phone number he answered when I called him is 1-760-533-7946, He gave me a p.o. box on the bill of sale as: box 6111 Oceanside, California 92052, His ebay ID is SURFNTECH. One of his buddies that has sent me a couple messages on ebay now is HOOZY61. He was driving a 2000 or later model white Dodge caravan. He is a big guy i'd say 6'3" maybe 240-250 looked maybe like he was in his late forties or early fifties. He looked young but you could tell by looking at him he was older.
Ebay responded today about his threats and said they were looking into it for me but that they were pretty limited on this because he didn't directly threaten me! That he asked a question that was threatening in nature! Thanks riodog. The guy has sent my girlfriend 3 more messages now and she is tiring of the whole mess.

C-2
05-15-2006, 09:32 PM
:)

boater012
05-16-2006, 11:30 AM
C-2 i s an awesome guy he was nice enough to call this guy last night at 11:00 p.m. and rattle his cage. The guy has sent me a message this morning asking me what my intentions were with my atttorney calling him last night. c-2 tracked the guys personal info down. I think dana thought he was above being tracked down.

RitcheyRch
05-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Good job. Hopefully this scum bag will leave you and the gf alone now.
QUOTE=boater012]C-2 i s an awesome guy he was nice enough to call this guy last night at 11:00 p.m. and rattle his cage. The guy has sent me a message this morning asking me what my intentions were with my atttorney calling him last night. c-2 tracked the guys personal info down. I think dana thought he was above being tracked down.[/QUOTE]

Parker Dreamin
05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Dont **** with anybody from the LBC !!!!!

moneypit
05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
C-2 i s an awesome guy he was nice enough to call this guy last night at 11:00 p.m. and rattle his cage. The guy has sent me a message this morning asking me what my intentions were with my atttorney calling him last night. c-2 tracked the guys personal info down. I think dana thought he was above being tracked down.
Nice work...Dont say he's awesome, his head might explode!! :boxed:

C-2
05-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Nice work...Dont say he's awesome, his head might explode!! :boxed:
Who you callin blockhead....blockhead!
Dropped you a call at the poker run, must have missed ya.
------
Boater012
--Your guy is kind of a nutcase and I think seeing him in court is a sure thing - he's had plenty of practice. Gotta be a reason he moves from county to county...if he keeps acting up, we'll have to find out!

H20Advantage
05-16-2006, 09:20 PM
My g/f just called and said he tracked her down on ebay and sent her a message. he stated that he was going to file fraud charges against her with the police dept. and have her arrested!!! what an ass. Doesnt he realize what as-is where-is means????? Just to be safe I called a friend who is LE and he stated that WE had nothing to woprry about. that as long as our paperwork says as-is he can't do anyhting. as far as the smog i can't be held liable (in his words) to make sure PARTS pass a smog test!
Threatening and harassing email and phone communications can be prosecuted in this state (CPC 653m and CPC 422). Send him and email stating you have contacted local L.E. and filed a report. If he continues you will pursue further prosecution.
If he is going to sue you either do it or shut up. This is a buyer beware state. You told him the facts and he could have asked to take it to a mechanic and had it looked at prior to buying it.
If this guy owns a security company then why is he buying a $1300.00 junker (no offense). Sounds like he is full of hot air and as stated before he is quickly backing himself in a corner.
Contact Ebay and file a compalint and also the IFCC and the FTC. These can all be found through a google search and take online complaints.

H20Advantage
05-16-2006, 09:41 PM
The name he gave me was Dana Dutcher. His email address at work is Alarmeservice@cs.com, The phone number he answered when I called him is 1-760-533-7946, He gave me a p.o. box on the bill of sale as: box 6111 Oceanside, California 92052, His ebay ID is SURFNTECH.
Searchbug.com reverse on the phone #:
Alarm Service Co
Po Box 6111
Oceanside, CA zip code
(760) 533-7946
Google search of the name:
Dana Dutcher - (760) 722-6080 - 812 Tait St, Oceanside, CA 92054 - Google Maps - Yahoo! Maps - MapQuest
This is pretty funny but not him
Siblings compete at fair
Sheep showmanship proves to be a family affair for some
By Denise Richardson
Staff Writer
MORRIS — The Dutcher sisters and the Smith brothers were on the spot Thursday in the 4-H Sheep Showmanship ring at the Otsego County Fair in Morris.
Dayle and Dana Dutcher of West Laurens, who acknowledged a level of competitiveness, were pitted against each other and against Donald and Earl Smith of Mount Vision.
Each sheep, thoroughly cleaned and neatly clipped, stood squarely for their handlers, as Judge Elaine Jaycox walked around the four youths. As she did, the handlers circled their sheep to keep the animal's best traits foremost before the judge's critical eye.
The older siblings won the top ribbons. Donald Smith, 17, showed Sandy, a Hampshire sheep, and he was named grand champion. Dana Dutcher, 14, was the reserve grand champion after showing her Tunis sheep, Aphrodite.

C-2
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
C-2, is this the same guy from up in the bay area? (i don't remember the cities).Bunch of differing info on him is what i found.
Rio
This is the guy:
The name he gave me was Dana Dutcher. His email address at work is Alarmeservice@cs.com, The phone number he answered when I called him is 1-760-533-7946, He gave me a p.o. box on the bill of sale as: box 6111 Oceanside, California 92052, His ebay ID is SURFNTECH. One of his buddies that has sent me a couple messages on ebay now is HOOZY61. He was driving a 2000 or later model white Dodge caravan. He is a big guy i'd say 6'3" maybe 240-250 looked maybe like he was in his late forties or early fifties. He looked young but you could tell by looking at him he was older.
A real piece of work.
Seen him in LA, RIV, SBDO and back to SD county.
Look him and his dirtbag son/wife up under last name only in SBDO county. A pretty interesting little Felony assualt/civil rights violation case they had going on.
He threatens tipping off taxing authorities, when in fact he is peddling alarm systems on ebay. If there is any ballbuster, pitbull agency any seller/retailer should fear in Cali - it's the Board of Equalization. They are ruthless and make the IRS look like pussies. Unlike most other tax cheat hotlines - the Board of EQ will pursue dirtgbags like him.
Seems "his" alarm company is actually "owned" by his 22year old son. Like I said, gotta be a reason for that. Again, the guy leaves a nice papertrail to document operating wothout a license, or licensing fraud. His probably got his revoked, they run alarm peeps up and down thru DOJ.
And that's just a quick looksy at the scum. Who knows what else could be found after a sixer of Monster!

C-2
05-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Searchbug.com reverse on the phone #:
Alarm Service Co
Po Box 6111
Oceanside, CA zip code
(760) 533-7946
Google search of the name:
Dana Dutcher - (760) 722-6080 - 812 Tait St, Oceanside, CA 92054 - Google Maps - Yahoo! Maps - MapQuest
Dat him.
Way to keep a low profile, what a putz.
H20
I think this guy pushes the envelope but knows when to stop. I didn't see much criminal garb on him.

boater012
05-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Threatening and harassing email and phone communications can be prosecuted in this state (CPC 653m and CPC 422). Send him and email stating you have contacted local L.E. and filed a report. If he continues you will pursue further prosecution.
If he is going to sue you either do it or shut up. This is a buyer beware state. You told him the facts and he could have asked to take it to a mechanic and had it looked at prior to buying it.
If this guy owns a security company then why is he buying a $1300.00 junker (no offense). Sounds like he is full of hot air and as stated before he is quickly backing himself in a corner.
Contact Ebay and file a compalint and also the IFCC and the FTC. These can all be found through a google search and take online complaints.
I sent him an email stating I had called the local LE and that they took a report. He sent me one back saying he was going to call his LE and have me arrested for filing a false police report. He stated also the his whole family HEARD me tell lies about the condition of the vehicle when they picked it up. When I got outside he was looking through the windows and bitching about the water stains on the seats.
I told him they showed up in the pics on ebay. He asked me for the keys and I handed them to him. He jumped behind the wheel and started the car and ran it through the gears letting the clutch out in each gear until the engine bogged a little. He asked me a question about a rattle under the car while he was RACING the engine. I told him it sounded like a rattling heat shield to me that I hadn't raced the engine before so I had never heard it. He didn't even OPEN the hood. About this time I told him I my gf couldn't remember when the last time the oil was changed and he should get it done soon.
He jumped out of the car and asked for my papers. He paid me then he signed the bill of sale with FOR PARTS ONLY clearly written across the top of it. He signed the release of liability then he jumped in and drove off. his family as he states was in their van 20 feet in front of us with the windows rolled up. His daughter stood by the passengers door the whole time this happened then he unlocked her door and she got in Then they drive off.

boater012
05-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Dat him.
Way to keep a low profile, what a putz.
H20
I think this guy pushes the envelope but knows when to stop. I didn't see much criminal garb on him.
I'll buy the sixer of monster. do you have paypal. I can send you some of my Unappropriated funds from selling things on ebay and not charging tax for items I purchased for personal use or I already paid tax on when I bought them!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

TRUMP TIGHT
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM
What's your deductable on your truck?
Sounds to me like he has now threatend you which would give you means to go after him legally. Not to smart on his part! Make sure you save that e-mail in case dipsh!t takes things to far. With your description on the car there is no way he could win any lawsuit! He should have had is mechanic friend there when he bought the car.

Magic34
05-16-2006, 10:39 PM
This amazes me.....
The guy bought a car for the price of a nice bicycle. WTF is he expecting, a Lexus?

Jordy
05-16-2006, 11:20 PM
The guy bought a car for the price of a nice bicycle. WTF is he expecting, a Lexus?
Shit, I paid way more for my bike. I could have had a car and done my same 14-15 mile route in way less time and 1,000 times less effort. DAMMIT!!!! :D :D :D