PDA

View Full Version : Mexico vacation advice

doesitfloat?
12-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I am thinking about a Mexican vacation for our 10 year anniversary. Looking to go around April, May, June. What do you recommend for location (Cabo?) and best time of year to go (or when to avoid-Spring break, etc)?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

hoolign
12-04-2005, 08:30 PM
I am thinking about a Mexican vacation for our 10 year anniversary. Looking to go around April, May, June. What do you recommend for location (Cabo?) and best time of year to go (or when to avoid-Spring break, etc)?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Don't..pay retail for chicklets ,don't buy coke from anyone in a police uniform!! hope that helps :rollside:

Boa1277
12-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I think Cabo is way overated, it is just as expensive as the United States if not more, and it is way to crowded, the really cool place to go in Mexico right now is Bara, it has a brand new resort and you can take a panga across the bay to the little fishing village and buy yourself a Bayeena(32oz Pacifico) for a dollar. Look into Bara you wont be dissapointed.

BADASS38CHEVY
12-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Cabo is more of a fishing town.My wife really didnt care for it.Puerto Vallata is really nice.Always go to the last taxi in line,Alot cheaper. Hire a taxi for a half day or a day and take you around town to all of the nice spots.He will wait for you ,just dont pay him up front.All day cost about $100.00.They will stop at stores and buy you cold beer and salt with lime while you wait in the taxi and you can party in the taxi the whole time.Pretty cool.

Kilrtoy
12-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I would find another country to visit
Try a cruise or the Carribean or hawaii
Mexico is a toilet

hoolign
12-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I would find another country to visitTry a cruise or the Carribean or hawaiiMexico is a toilet
interesting :D

doesitfloat?
12-04-2005, 09:03 PM
I would find another country to visit
Try a cruise or the Carribean or hawaii
Mexico is a toilet
I agree but we've already "done" Hawaii and she doesn't want to cruise.
Thanks for the other advice (and chicklet advice!). Any others?
I'll check out Bara...

Kilrtoy
12-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Try the bahama's.
Mexico is just so depressing, it is beautiful, BUT the people are like fleas

carbonmarine
12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Swell idea !!
Resort Site:
www.superclubs.com
Transpo from LA to Jamaica & back:
www.airjamaica.com
*NOTE: The resort picks you up at airport takes you directly to resort.
I suggest Grand Lido Negril property. It's all inclusive, once you check in you never, ever take your wallet out again ... NOTE: Its not like a Cruise Ship where they tab ya either... It's literally: ALL you can eat & all you can drink and soak the sun & relax (5 Star Style). * It's a lot the Ritz Carlton sort to speak ... Yeah your serioulsy pampered.
......And, If you in a Party, Party, Rager mode after relaxing for a few day's.. You can go 10 paces accross the street and your at Hedo II; which Super Clubs also owns (both resorts are on a pennisula: one side GL, the other HII).
PM me if you have any questions, I can help you out .
R32
:cool:

doesitfloat?
12-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the links, CM.
Another question...do you guys think I should go through an agent? Do they mark the packages up a lot?

Magic34
12-04-2005, 11:58 PM
We do a trip for our top producers every year and we look for nice places that don't kill the bank account (sometimes more than 50 people).
I have been to a few places in Mexico (Cancun and Cozumel) and hated them all, except Puerto Vallarta.
Last year we went to Puerto Vallarta and stayed at the Dreams Resort. I thought it would be another trip of hating it, but it turned out really nice. We liked it so much and did not get 1 complaint from anyone about the resort (36 people on this last trip). We are doing it again this year because everyone like it (and believe me, keeping people happy is not an easy task whatsoever).
The Dreams Resort is further South than the other hotels and it has its own private beach for the resort. The first week of April last year, it wasn't that busy either. It seems a little more private and it is by itself. There isn't another hotel by it. Food was decent too.
http://www.dreamsresorts.com/puerto_vallarta/index.html
Make sure if you look into this that you get at least a Junior Suite and we were on the Dreams Club tower. It was very nice. The rooms are newer and have a private jacuzzi on every balcony.
I'm hard to please on these things and had a good time there.
By the way, we tried Jamacia 2 times and won't go back. Just didn't work well for us.
Good luck.

carbonmarine
12-05-2005, 12:00 AM
www.applevacations.com
Try they handled everything begining to end for superclubs...
Attempt giv'in them a call....
R32 :cool:

doesitfloat?
12-05-2005, 07:10 AM
By the way, we tried Jamacia 2 times and won't go back. Just didn't work well for us.
Good luck.
Just curious, why not? I've been reading several on line reviews of resorts and it's funny how one person can say it was the best time...everything was great and then another reviewer will just trash the resort insisting they'll never go back.
One thing I have noticed about the no-tip, all inclusive resorts is that the Jamaican staff doesn't seem very motivated. I'm still leaning toward there but I will definitely check out your recommendation. Thanks

Kilrtoy
12-05-2005, 09:21 AM
JAMAICA SUCKS....
It is a beautiful country but is even more scary than Mexico. If you stay in an all inclusive resort and never leave what is the point. Been there and had a great concern for my safety.....
The water and country is beautiful, but the people are less than nice

JB in so cal
12-05-2005, 09:27 AM
How about your very own Villa? Add cooks, maids, drinks, etc.
This company has some pretty choice properties in Cabo.
http://www.earthseaandskyvacations.com/

Steamin' Rice
12-05-2005, 10:09 AM
We went to Cancun in early Oct and had a great time. We were lucky because Cancun got hit pretty hard by a hurricane a couple of weeks after we were there. We chose Cancun because it is on the Carribbean side of Mexico so the water is blue and warm, and also it was only about a 4 hour nonstop flight from LA so we didn't burn an entire day travelling.

ROZ
12-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Puerto Vallarta!

WYRD
12-05-2005, 10:48 AM
South Hollywood is nice that time of year, so is Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, ahhh hell any place in Southern Mexifornia is good that time of year :crossx:

MAINEVENT
12-05-2005, 10:51 AM
This is where i would've normally said Cancun but im not sure how bakc together that place would be....
Kilr dont hate on Mexico cause you lived in the Wetback capital of the world...Not all mexicans want to kick your ass cause you still wear a flat top :crossx: LMAO

scottwizer
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I went to Cancun last Christmas and had a great time. The water was more clear than in Hawaii. We ate at a few great places... the best one being Pericos... We also took a day trip to Playa del Carmen, and went to the Mayan ruins, which was awesome. The only complaint I had was when we shaken down by the policia for 50 bucks. Also don't drink the milk there because it tastes terrible due to the fact that they iradiate it for a shelf life of 6 months... Oh yes... watch out for the water, don't even brush your teeth in it, that was my mistake. :skull: :hammerhea

superdave013
12-05-2005, 11:46 AM
The farther south of Cancun you go the better it gets. The Riviera Maya is just south of Cancun and is more in the Caribbean Sea then the Gulf.
We like the Spa Palace resorts chain.
http://www.palaceresorts.com/
The Aventura Spa is super nice. XPU-HA has the nicest beach I've ever been too and I've been lots of places.
What is so cool about that chain is if you stay at one you can go to any of the others and use them for no extra charge. Also some tours are included at no extra charge if that's your thing. The last trip we went to Island of Isla Mujeres and Tulm (sp). We've been a bunch of times so now it's more about relaxing then going on tours everyday.