PDA

View Full Version : What's up?

FLEA DIDDY
12-05-2005, 03:39 PM
New to the site and just checkin in and sayin hey. Really great site. I have a 78 sleekcraft aristocrat tunnel hull with a BBF 12jg-a, loader, stuffer and ride plate. My mill is dimantled at the moment getting stroked to a 557" bottle fed beast. should be interesting to say the least.

BUSBY
12-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the boards ...

Squirtin Thunder
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the boards ...
Maybe I should say whats up ???
Or
I hope your ready for all the fun ???
Post up a pic of your boat !!!

Slacker
12-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Sounds like you are gona have some good times ahead with that monster..

FLEA DIDDY
12-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Sounds like you are gona have some good times ahead with that monster..Yea I think so, I bought it for $2000.00 needed some cosmetic work, the motor was a 472" bbf it ran 60 on smooth water 65 on rough, I geuss the tunnel hull likes chop, ran it 3 days in a row and pulled the motor. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm already jonesin. This is my first jet so it ought to be really interesting when I get it back together.

FLEA DIDDY
12-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Here is a short vid of it, the day I bought it. Please spare me the safty drills, I have allready been through it. LOL Maybe this will work?
http://www.evideoshare.com/view/display.jsp?req=4%2BrBXw58cf2j0vaxzcStU5I%2BCYFCpi hqgtlGm3ouuzwB2Jscy%2BlCqQ%3D%3D

Squirtin Thunder
12-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Here is a short vid of it, the day I bought it. Please spare me the safty drills, I have allready been through it. LOL
http://www.evideoshare.com/view/displayFromThumbnail.jsp?fileUid=1231" >Play sleekcraft vid</A>
The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception

FLEA DIDDY
12-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Good greif that was an ordeal anyways link works, BE EZ i'm new to JETS,LOL

BUSBY
12-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I liked it when you gave her the spray down and she called you an asshole! Too f'in funny ... I could so hear my wife saying the same thing!
LMAO!

BUSBY
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
oh ... and cool video, kinda daring flyin' through there though ... but great shots!

Hipshot
12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
It may be your first jet but I see you found the "UP" button or handle on the divertor. Cool video!

taylormanss
12-05-2005, 05:23 PM
nice to see ya found your way over to this site SHANE ! Don't worry shane my wife called me an asshole also when she almost went for a swim in the centurion,I gotta remember to not come to a complete stop!

FLEA DIDDY
12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Sup taylormannss? I have been trollin around for awhile, I hate to register, I'm so lazy, lol

Squirtin Thunder
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Where are you from ???

taylormanss
12-05-2005, 05:45 PM
the great state of texas!

Squirtin Thunder
12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
the great state of texas!
What part ???

sleekcrafter
12-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Welcome aboard FLEE DIDDY! Nice boat you have there.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7363sleekcraft_tunnel_ad.jpg

FLEA DIDDY
12-05-2005, 06:11 PM
What part ???Galveston/LaMarque Tx

FLEA DIDDY
12-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanx sleekcrafter, Nice to see another sleekcraft. I have another sleekcraft also 18'9" I beleive a Rebel? Looks like a taylor knockoff to me.

sleekcrafter
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
That would be a former Sleekcraft owner, I still love the Sleeks though
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7363sleekcraft_rebel_ad.jpg

Shark In The Pond
12-06-2005, 05:21 AM
New to the site and just checkin in and sayin hey. Really great site. I have a 78 sleekcraft aristocrat tunnel hull with a BBF 12jg-a, loader, stuffer and ride plate. My mill is dimantled at the moment getting stroked to a 557" bottle fed beast. should be interesting to say the least.
There goes the neighborhood . I met Flea a couple of months back at Hydrofest he is OK just a little more crazy then some of us ! :)

FLEA DIDDY
12-06-2005, 05:27 AM
There goes the neighborhood . I met Flea a couple of months back at Hydrofest he is OK just a little more crazy then some of us ! :)What up Shark? How's the temp? 37 here at the beach this morning, Prolly in the teens where you at.

Shark In The Pond
12-06-2005, 05:56 AM
What up Shark? How's the temp? 37 here at the beach this morning, Prolly in the teens where you at.
Yep it's damn cold and going to get worse , should be about 3 degrees in the morn. and not make it out of the 20's for the next couple of days .

atxwrangler
12-06-2005, 09:44 AM
that's too dam cold!

Taylorman
12-06-2005, 10:08 AM
We went to Galveston before the hurricane. Is that in the ship channel? Salt water?

taylormanss
12-06-2005, 10:30 AM
hope not ,salt water and jetboats don't mix!

taylormanss
12-06-2005, 10:34 AM
We went to Galveston before the hurricane. Is that in the ship channel? Salt water?
What's up Kevin? how ya been doing over in Scott? I brought the centurion up this week to put the headers I got from ya on! I'd like to run it sometime this week before it gets too cold over here.I shoulda stayed in corpus christi!

FLEA DIDDY
12-06-2005, 11:10 AM
We went to Galveston before the hurricane. Is that in the ship channel? Salt water?What, the vid? Nope not the ship channel, lol. It's a place called dickison bayou. It's brackish water but up the bayou is fresh water.

Jim Hall
12-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Welcome,we are neighbors so to speak. I just built a house on Lake Houston. Ya'll need to come and play next summer.

FLEA DIDDY
12-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Welcome,we are neighbors so to speak. I just built a house on Lake Houston. Ya'll need to come and play next summer.Sweet, I've never been out on Lake Houston, been down to the San Jacinto river and the skinny dippen hole plus bannana bend several times in my other boat. I heard there is alot of stumps in lake Houston? I'll take you up on that offer for sure.

taylormanss
12-06-2005, 03:27 PM
me too!

Jim Hall
12-07-2005, 06:51 AM
No stumps. It is on the shallow side in a few places but it keeps the big boats away. All the places we go on the lake have sandy beaches. This past summer we had my Avenger,a sanger jet hydro,3 TX 19's,1 Tahiti and a few others that I'm not sure of at the lake on a regular basis. I am on a cove off the main lake that stays calm no matter what the weather is. Looking forward to getting together with ya'll next summer. We usually start jetting around Easter.

FLEA DIDDY
12-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Well then, I guess it's a plan. I can't believe that you had that many ***boatS in one spot! more the better! Well I'll be lookin forward to meeting you guys. Are you a member over at TEXAS***boatS.COM?

taylormanss
12-07-2005, 09:46 AM
No stumps. It is on the shallow side in a few places but it keeps the big boats away. All the places we go on the lake have sandy beaches. This past summer we had my Avenger,a sanger jet hydro,3 TX 19's,1 Tahiti and a few others that I'm not sure of at the lake on a regular basis. I am on a cove off the main lake that stays calm no matter what the weather is. Looking forward to getting together with ya'll next summer. We usually start jetting around Easter.
why wait,I'll come over and run right now.need to figuire how far it is from port arthur tp lake houston.

FLEA DIDDY
12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
why wait,I'll come over and run right now.need to figuire how far it is from port arthur tp lake houston.Less time than it takes you to get to my place, And you need to come over and help me sand my hull! LOL

taylormanss
12-07-2005, 10:03 AM
OK, let me know.

FLEA DIDDY
12-07-2005, 10:10 AM
OK, let me know.I started sanding it last night with my D-A 220 grit, would'nt hardley touch it, I think they used a roller to apply the paint, shit is thick. you need to let me paint your next boat!!!!! I'll hook you up.

Devilman
12-07-2005, 10:14 AM
You have an Avenger? I've got a 77 Avenger, I didn't think there were any others around here....I live south of Houston about 100 miles. Might have to try & make it up that direction come summer time. :cool:

FLEA DIDDY
12-07-2005, 10:24 AM
You have an Avenger? I've got a 77 Avenger, I didn't think there were any others around here....I live south of Houston about 100 miles. Might have to try & make it up that direction come summer time. :cool:Devilman, you didn't make it to COLETO in OCT? I don't recall seeing the red boat in your sig.

Devilman
12-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Devilman, you didn't make it to COLETO in OCT? I don't recall seeing the red boat in your sig.
Nah, I was out of town that weekend. Marty & Randall both told me about it, but our plans were already made. I would have liked to have gone out there. Colet isn't far from me so next time there is a gathering there, I plan on hitting it.

FLEA DIDDY
12-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Nah, I was out of town that weekend. Marty & Randall both told me about it, but our plans were already made. I would have liked to have gone out there. Colet isn't far from me so next time there is a gathering there, I plan on hitting it.Kewl, I'll have a running boat next year. I'll get to play atleast.

Devilman
12-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Kewl, I'll have a running boat next year. I'll get to play atleast.
You got that red Ford boat from Alvin or somewhere right? And yeah, this is a good time to do any work on your ride. Have it done when the warm weather comes back! Got my floor, transom, seats, all that shit done last fall, so now I'm enjoying just running it.... :cool:

FLEA DIDDY
12-07-2005, 10:44 AM
You got that red Ford boat from Alvin or somewhere right? And yeah, this is a good time to do any work on your ride. Have it done when the warm weather comes back! Got my floor, transom, seats, all that shit done last fall, so now I'm enjoying just running it.... :cool:Yep, sleekcraft aristocrat tunnel hull, I bought it ran it 3 days in a row and now it's torn down getting a makeover, LOL

Devilman
12-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Yep, sleekcraft aristocrat tunnel hull, I bought it ran it 3 days in a row and now it's torn down getting a makeover, LOL
Nothing wrong with that. When I bought mine, I ran it only once, before gutting it out for the all the crap we did to it. :cool:

spanky spanky
12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey Flea diddy, 17 here in San Angelo. I think sharks pond froze over he said -10 chill going on.
Keep us informed on the boat.....see ya
Tell fire bug hello....

FLEA DIDDY
12-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey Flea diddy, 17 here in San Angelo. I think sharks pond froze over he said -10 chill going on.
Tell fire bug hello....What up, it's cold, 52 and drizzle. No workin on the boat today. Fire bug says what's up also.

Jim Hall
12-08-2005, 06:44 AM
Hey Devilman,your right you don't see too many Avenger's. I am doing a little revamping and am looking for some thru transom headers for a bbf 460. Everybody keep a lookout for a pair. I am having a hard time parting with $900.00 for new ones. The west Texas guy's got it going on, we need something for us in the south!

Taylorman
12-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Jim,
Where do you live in Tomball. Im there often. My brother in law lives there and my in laws live in Cypress. Where do you go boating?

Devilman
12-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Hey Devilman,your right you don't see too many Avenger's. I am doing a little revamping and am looking for some thru transom headers for a bbf 460. Everybody keep a lookout for a pair. I am having a hard time parting with $900.00 for new ones. The west Texas guy's got it going on, we need something for us in the south!
Thru-transom huh? There is a set of OT Bassetts on ebay right now, but it has been awhile since I seen transom headers. Keep my eyes peeled. Yessir, there are some southern jetters around. I'm looking forward to a real active boating season, come spring time this year!:D You didn't happen to go to Jetfest, Labor Day weekend did you?

Greaser
12-08-2005, 10:34 AM
I started sanding it last night with my D-A 220 grit, would'nt hardley touch it, I think they used a roller to apply the paint, shit is thick. you need to let me paint your next boat!!!!! I'll hook you up.
So you paint boats huh???
Been thinking of having some paint work done on my boat.

FLEA DIDDY
12-08-2005, 10:58 AM
So you paint boats huh???
Been thinking of having some paint work done on my boat.Well I make my money with cars, but I painted my bayliner that I have and also have 2 sleekcrafts that are in the process of being painted. Cars/boats they paint the same, I don't do exterior gel coats. Pm me maybe we can work something out.

Greaser
12-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Well I make my money with cars, but I painted my bayliner that I have and also have 2 sleekcrafts that are in the process of being painted. Cars/boats they paint the same, I don't do exterior gel coats. Pm me maybe we can work something out.
Sent ya a PM

taylormanss
12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I started sanding it last night with my D-A 220 grit, would'nt hardley touch it, I think they used a roller to apply the paint, shit is thick. you need to let me paint your next boat!!!!! I'll hook you up.
my next boat is hopefully gonna be brand new .I'm kinda leaning towards a pickelfork made at bigdaddyspeed.com .

taylormanss
12-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Tell fire bug hello....
hey can I come run my centurion up there this weekend?