PDA

View Full Version : Ford Explorer ??????

DansBlown73Nordic
12-05-2005, 05:28 PM
How often should the rear wheel bearings need replacing? These vehicles are SHIT!!!!! We have owned this heap for 10 months and replaced rear axle bearings, rear gear case. Now a wheel bearing is bad again..... :crossx: :crossx:
Anybody else had these kind of troubles? I will never ever buy another FORD ever again. :cry: :cry:

dmontzsta
12-05-2005, 06:28 PM
How often should the rear wheel bearings need replacing? These vehicles are SHIT!!!!! We have owned this heap for 10 months and replaced rear axle bearings, rear gear case. Now a wheel bearing is bad again..... :crossx: :crossx:
Anybody else had these kind of troubles? I will never ever buy another FORD ever again. :cry: :cry:
hehe, Ford Explorers are not known to be "top of the line". :) It is what it is...A cheap SUV. What year is it? the older ones were really shitty.

voodooCanoe
12-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Sounds like you just got a bad one. All vehicles can be a piece of sh*t.
I own a 95 Eddie Bauer that now has 152k on it that gets driven about 50 miles a day. Have only put about 1 k into any repairs into it ever!
I'm not a big FORD fan, but I hve got to say this has been the most reliable
car I have owned.
p.s. I work for BMW and if you want to see shit break down, come visit!

NOTALENT
12-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Does the term "EXPLODER" mean anything to you..... :crossx: lol...

Flying Tiger
12-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Has it started the overheating trick?
We dumped ours quick after the dealer told us no cure for the cooling system problems on our '03.
It'll be Toyotas & Hondas for this family from now on.

Seadog
12-06-2005, 06:11 AM
My SIL used to drive Nissans and Toyotas until she got her first Explorer. After years of great service, they got another one. It has done her great, but with over 150,000 miles, she did get a leak in the intake manifold gasket. Irritating, but not major. Ford builds decent vehicles, but when you build millions, you are going to find problems periodically. I just get pissed with these buy Toyota idiots. Sure Toyota builds a good vehicle, but they charge more money for them, in addition to the $1200/vehicle price advantage they enjoy over American brands. And these are the same yahoos that gripe about Wal-Mart not being union and paying $20/hour for a stock boy.

DansBlown73Nordic
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM
It is a 02....Found out Ford will gaurantee the part so thats good. I think it was around $300 for the bearing.