PDA

View Full Version : 30ft Skater Proto type.

ADDICTED
12-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Would be next boat if I was going to strap my self into a big payment. Actually I thought about letting the house pay for it but I dont want to be one of them guys. :D
Anyhow what a sick Boat!!!
Dale Good Job!
Has anyone seen the latest Extreme Boats with it on the cover.
NIce!!! :devil:

jackpunx
12-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Ask Deano about that boat.. we ran with it up in sac river

ADDICTED
12-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Ask Deano about that boat.. we ran with it up in sac river
It looks bad ass! Not too big. Acording to the magazine they were the forst boat to the card stop .

Goodtime$
12-06-2005, 11:57 AM
That 30 will be out in an upcoming powerboat, ran along side it at mission bay, passed me like i was standing still at 70. Those arnesons throw up a mean roost. that is one hell of a payment im sure.

BADBLOWN572
12-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Is this the boat you are talking about?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2595skater_30_rear_water.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2248Resize_of_RIC_1415.JPG

unleashed
12-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Is this the boat you are talking about?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2595skater_30_rear_water.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2248Resize_of_RIC_1415.JPG
That boat has the best lines of any that I have seen. We had a pretty cool run on the way back from the first card stop. He was first to the card stop as Predator broke down. The guy drives like a maniac, Kinda like I would. Whats the asking price??
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

ADDICTED
12-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Thats the one!
Dean I would like to no the aksing price also.
Super Sick!!

25Elmn8r
12-06-2005, 01:11 PM
That is the best looking boat I have seen. Not practical for me but I would own it in a heart beat if the boss would let go of the checkbook!

Boatmaster
12-06-2005, 01:13 PM
That boat has the best lines of any that I have seen. We had a pretty cool run on the way back from the first card stop. He was first to the card stop as Predator broke down. The guy drives like a maniac, Kinda like I would. Whats the asking price??
Deano
Dropped off the goods to winterize that boat yesterday at Dale's house. I know for a fact that boat is not for and he is very happy with it. Looks great in the pics, but it shows much better in person.

BADBLOWN572
12-06-2005, 01:16 PM
I really wish that Skater had an updated website that you could see more of their models. They don't even have the 368 out on their website. :(
I too agree that the new 30 is bad ass. If I could have one boat for Havasu, that would be it. :)

Charley
12-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Dropped off the goods to winterize that boat yesterday at Dale's house. I know for a fact that boat is not for and he is very happy with it. Looks great in the pics, but it shows much better in person.
where is the bim-betty from the other pics ;)

Boatmaster
12-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Funny you should ask! He just got done moving her out yesterday also. :rolleyes:

SummerObsession
12-07-2005, 08:22 AM
I just read about that boat in BOTH Powerboat mag (got it last night) and Extreme boats (last night too!)
Extreme boats had a great article about the boat. they showed pics of it being built in various stages of construction at the factory.
It was built for the owner with foot throttles! Pretty sick set-up!
Definitely would be on my wish list after I cashed in my winning ticket! :rolleyes:
One thing I thought VERY strange though, was how Skater attaches it's decks to the hull. They basically take one huge FLAT piece of glass/caron/kevlar and "stitch" (their word, not mine) the deck to the hull, and then build the shape from there. Didn't seem like the strength would be there compared to a "one piece" deck, but obviously it is.
Article said 350-500+k for a new one. Where do I sign? :) :jawdrop: :rolleyes:

SummerObsession
12-07-2005, 08:25 AM
The Skater was built for reliability and low maintenance with N/A Sterling carb motors and Arneson drives.
There was a pic of the aforementioned "bim-betty". It appeared to me that the maintenance on THAT item might be a bit higher. :wink:

Havasu Cig
12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I just read about that boat in BOTH Powerboat mag (got it last night) and Extreme boats (last night too!)
Extreme boats had a great article about the boat. they showed pics of it being built in various stages of construction at the factory.
It was built for the owner with foot throttles! Pretty sick set-up!
Definitely would be on my wish list after I cashed in my winning ticket! :rolleyes:
One thing I thought VERY strange though, was how Skater attaches it's decks to the hull. They basically take one huge FLAT piece of glass/caron/kevlar and "stitch" (their word, not mine) the deck to the hull, and then build the shape from there. Didn't seem like the strength would be there compared to a "one piece" deck, but obviously it is.
Article said 350-500+k for a new one. Where do I sign? :) :jawdrop: :rolleyes:
Peter cuts all the decks himself on all the flat decks that are built. I talked to him about this at Scott Conrads place when I met him. From what he was telling me it is an intensive process.
From the OSO site the price listed in the mag was a list price. I think a better deal could be worked out, but you get what you pay for. :cool:

Boatlesss
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
The decks are laminated onto the boat. (Stitched as the article says?)
They are called a flat deck as the deck is flat to start with and they work from there. All the bulkheads, as well as the parameter of the boat are bonded together once the deck is in place.
The deck is a carbon/balsa/carbon vacumed assembly on a large table. Then it is fitted to the boat as neccessary.
Someone should call Arneson who sells them to find out what it cost.

Charley
12-07-2005, 05:14 PM
didnt see the powerboat article but checked out the Extreme article late last night.... First of all Extreme is doing a nice job! Thats getting to be a pretty cool magazine IMHO... ok onto the skater... I was impressed on the price of the arnesons 18k?? plus a tranny puts you at 23k?? hmmm... either way thats a great looking package, but how fast did it go? lol, I know boatmaster would know but im too lazy to call him

hot_diggity_dog
12-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Whats the asking price??
Deano
$460.00 the way it's set up!
HDD

Boatmaster
12-07-2005, 07:57 PM
didnt see the powerboat article but checked out the Extreme article late last night.... First of all Extreme is doing a nice job! Thats getting to be a pretty cool magazine IMHO... ok onto the skater... I was impressed on the price of the arnesons 18k?? plus a tranny puts you at 23k?? hmmm... either way thats a great looking package, but how fast did it go? lol, I know boatmaster would know but im too lazy to call him
Dale's boat runs in the 140s everyday and has run over 153 as a best!!!

Boatlesss
12-07-2005, 08:22 PM
It includes the tranny I believe.
Seems cheap compared to the others.

Sandbar Mike
12-08-2005, 07:59 AM
That is a sweet ride! Maybe in a few yrs??? :)

Charley
12-08-2005, 09:25 AM
It includes the tranny I believe.
Seems cheap compared to the others.
REALLY?? anyone confirm this?

Boatlesss
12-08-2005, 10:38 AM
REALLY?? anyone confirm this?
I called them. $18,500.00 ea. includes transmission.

Charley
12-08-2005, 01:08 PM
hmmm got the Number handy??? :)

Boatmaster
12-08-2005, 01:56 PM
415-485-0788 ask for Rick.

Cole Trickle
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
That is an amazing boat!!!
Someone buy one so I can bum a ride...... :p